Me Again

Old October 14th 09, 07:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Hal

Default Me Again

> all three have said mario screwed Joan and the work was worse than a one
> armed, blind monkey's work, but he won't address that....

I have to admit, that one made me laugh. Preach on, Brother Joey.

Chris
Old October 14th 09, 07:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

there have been exactly three folks come forward here in the past to
say
they had a fair and good experience dealing with Mario... Mario used
those
three folks as examples many times over.... Kaferdave,

Whoa, hold on there... I never ever said anything about Mario's
handiwork, metal finishing, body and paint work or anything of the
sort... go back and look, I said I did a "deal" with him, I sent him
(Jeez, it was over 10 years ago, I **THINK** this is what it was) an
EMPI VDM steering wheel horn button, in exchange for some strange
1958-1964 Type 1 turn signals, they looked like a whale...
I don't actually recall seeing any of Mario's stuff, except for once,
at Kip Zimmerman's Party in Bradenton, FL,there was a Type 1, and it
was dark blue, and it was pretty dark outside, so I really couldn't
say for sure if the work was good, or not...
I have purposely stayed out of this thread, on here, on the Samba, on
the CLF, or anywhere else.
Sure, I have my opinions, but I'll keep them to myself.

Love and Mercy,

The VW Magazine Editor formerly known as Kaferdave....
Old October 15th 09, 01:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

> wrote in message
> ...Someone think they can do better ?? I
>have at least a dozen cars that have gone from junkyard to show
>winner. And yes the ones that are whining the most haven't done
>one. unless you call this a restoration
>http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/alb...?pic_id=451485

**** no that isn't a restoration by your standards, it has no filler in it
and no rustholes packed with filler, so you'd hate the car, but all you'd
see are the tail lights anyway, so that attempted diversion is as moot as
you are, little man..... I'm not the one claiming to do the top notch
restorations, you are... tell me about what you see in these pictures or
shut the **** up:

http://www.metwiz.com/joansbug.htm
http://www.metwiz.com/joansbug2.htm
http://www.metwiz.com/joansbug3.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeQ8UwWPP4Y - news story featuring Vintage
Werks Restoration

yellow ghia that Mario claimed to be "show winning work"(pictures taken at a
show while it was on display)
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...k/DSCN2331.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...k/DSCN2332.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...k/DSCN2333.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...k/DSCN2330.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...k/DSCN2334.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...k/DSCN2335.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...k/DSCN2336.jpg

Mario claimed this 66 to be show quality, here are some pictures he
supplied(typical 20 footers he likes to show):
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01866121ECigQC
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01866121QUmsnT
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01866121okUBMq
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01866121aSCvUj

here are some pictures that show a little bit more detail of the show
winning work performed by Mario Gavazzi at Vintage Werks Restoration:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...t/DSCF2747.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...t/DSCF2754.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...t/DSCF2751.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...t/DSCF2750.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...t/DSCF2749.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...t/DSCF2748.jpg

more information:
http://www.mariogavazzivintagewerks.com/
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/vie...=mario+gavazzi

Old October 15th 09, 01:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

Hal wrote:
>> Chris why don't you come to my shop. You can look take pictures and
>> talk to customers.
>>

> No thanks. There are exactly two VW places I will never ever visit.
> Yours is #1 on the list.

Just out of curiosity... what's the other one?
Old October 15th 09, 02:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

> wrote in message
>
> Whoa, hold on there... I never ever said anything about Mario's
> handiwork, metal finishing, body and paint work or anything of the
> sort... go back and look,

Dave, sorry I didn't mean to misquote you... for the record, as I've
accurately stated before, Dave stated that Mario needed to refund some of
the money he received from Joan... I guess deductive reasoning took over in
my mind, because he'd only owe her money back if he didn't deliver what he
promised, and we all know in my opinion a rolling rust hole filled with
bondo was not what he promised... my only point is the only folks that ever
"stood up" for Mario have all stated publically that he owes her money back
on that failed abortion...

Old October 15th 09, 02:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

> wrote in message
>oh and my webshot pages
>Totals Photos Videos Views Downloads Guest Book Entries
>Overall 552 1 71398 5 0
>This Week 5035 0

>Total videos including private: 1

>Videos limit: 360
>Total photos including private: 552

>Photos limit: 3600

as I said, number of hits is not in any way a sign that folks like you, your
work, or even vw's.... you wouldn't believe the descriptions I've heard
folks pin on your "work" on your page from the AOL chat room you like to
hide out in... the snorkelstang bug's hit count would put your webshots to
shame, and it's not because it was a nice car.... clear yet? post a picture
of a man petting his dog, a few will pass it on, post a picture of a man
kicking his dog and everyone looks at it so they can say what kind of ****
the dude is... you are that ****...

Old October 15th 09, 02:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Hal" > wrote in message

>P.S. the hits on your website aren't from your admirers. Hate to break
>it to you but sometimes the truth hurts, huh?

Unfortunately, Chris, I don't think Mario would know what the truth is if it
came packed in a bucked of plastic filler...

Old October 15th 09, 06:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Oct 14, 6:04*pm, "Joey Tribiani" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> *>
>
> > Whoa, hold on there... I never ever said anything about Mario's
> > handiwork, metal finishing, body and paint work or anything of the
> > sort... go back and look,

> Dave, sorry I didn't mean to misquote you... for the record, as I've
> accurately stated before, Dave stated that Mario needed to refund some of
> the money he received from Joan... I guess deductive reasoning took over in
> my mind, because he'd only owe her money back if he didn't deliver what he
> promised, and we all know in my opinion a rolling rust hole filled with
> bondo was not what he promised... my only point is the only folks that ever
> "stood up" for Mario have all stated publically that he owes her money back
> on that failed abortion...

Joey, I believe, in retrospect, you're right. I said I hoped Mario
would refund some of the money, but my intent was to do some damage
control for Mario. I wasn't then, nor will I now, say whether I think
the worksmanship is good, or bad, or indifferent. I was hoping that
Mario would do so, to out the whole thing to bed, to help his business
PR. But of course, nobody needs to listen to me, and I don't mind ;-)
Old October 15th 09, 02:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
trey

I think I listened to you once, but I dont remember what it was. So maybe i
didnt.

trey

Old October 15th 09, 06:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Oct 15, 6:24*am, "Trey" > wrote:
> I think I listened to you once, but I dont remember what it was. *So maybe i
> didnt.
>
>Trey, I think it was probably something on that Hokey Ass Message Board (HAMB)

Hey, you still got that panel? The Model T is moving slowly, but it's
still going... when I have the time I doin't have the $$, and when I
have the $$$...

Again, I do remember posting that I felt Mario could do himself some
good, by refunding some of the $$ to Joan. That wasn't to imply that
his work was sub-par, only to try and get him less flak for his work,
and his unwillingness to apparently, from what I have read, make
things right.
Kafertoys (aka Mario) if you can afford to, I would still ay the same
thing, give Joan some of the $$ back, and maybe, just maybe, this
whole thing would slowly disappear. I guess, though, if you have all
the work and waiting list that you say you do, then maybe it's a moot
point.
That's all I have to say about that.