Another one gone.

Old April 30th 12, 07:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_9_]

Default Another one gone.

This car was part of this years 'Russefeiring', where our students
celebrate the finishing of the equivalent to College. It involves heavy
partying for the better part of a month.
The vehicles varies from huge articulated buses to smaller vans like the
one in the picture, it is however very rare the cars are as old as this
one.

http://www.tv2.no/nyheter/innenriks/...l-3770054.html

J.

Old May 3rd 12, 01:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

That sucks, there are ways to make sure that doesn't happen.

Old May 3rd 12, 03:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Randall

Below is the Norwegian to English translation given by Google

E18 had to close after a fire in russebil

Here is the Russian celebration up in smoke.

Asker and Bærum Police were at 19.05 notification that a russebil were
on fire on the E18 between Holmen and Slependen.

The vehicle must be over lit, and the emergency services on site.
Everyone in the car is out, and E18 is temporarily closed, said
operations manager John Kløvjan in Asker and Bærum Police District.

There were seven people in the Russian car when it started to burn,
according to police operations manager. All were uninjured from the
incident.

An eyewitness told tv2.no that she was a passenger in a bus that was
driving past when traffic was stopped by the police.

It might look like the fire brigade struggled to gain control over the
flames, says Janne Bjergli.

According to police operations manager started the car, a 1972-model, to
cheat while driving. When the driver drove into side to check the error
further, it began to burn from the engine, which is located in the rear

Google is probably the best website translator, however some of the
words and phrases in English do not make sense, such as "over lit", and
"started the car ... to cheat while driving". Can you give a better
translation of those two phrases? What does "russebil" mean? Did
partying cause the vehicle to catch on fire? Were the occupants all
Russians?
Old May 9th 12, 10:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
meagain

P.J.Berg wrote:
> This car was part of this years 'Russefeiring', where our students celebrate the
> finishing of the equivalent to College. It involves heavy partying for the better
> part of a month.
> The vehicles varies from huge articulated buses to smaller vans like the one in the
> picture, it is however very rare the cars are as old as this one.
>
> http://www.tv2.no/nyheter/innenriks/...l-3770054.html
>

> J.

Is that photo reversed? I've never seen a vanagon with the sliding door on the
driver's side.

Old May 11th 12, 07:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_9_]

On Thu, 03 May 2012 04:42:10 +0200, Randall > wrote:

> Below is the Norwegian to English translation given by Google

> E18 had to close after a fire in russebil
>
> Here is the Russian celebration up in smoke.
>

> Asker and Bærum Police were at 19.05 notification that a russebil were
> on fire on the E18 between Holmen and Slependen.
>
> The vehicle must be over lit, and the emergency services on site.
> Everyone in the car is out, and E18 is temporarily closed, said
> operations manager John Kløvjan in Asker and Bærum Police District..
>
> There were seven people in the Russian car when it started to burn,
> according to police operations manager. All were uninjured from the
> incident.
>
> An eyewitness told tv2.no that she was a passenger in a bus that was
> driving past when traffic was stopped by the police.
>
> It might look like the fire brigade struggled to gain control over the
> flames, says Janne Bjergli.
>
> According to police operations manager started the car, a 1972-model, to
> cheat while driving. When the driver drove into side to check the error
> further, it began to burn from the engine, which is located in the rear
>
> Google is probably the best website translator, however some of the
> words and phrases in English do not make sense, such as "over lit", and
> "started the car ... to cheat while driving". Can you give a better
> translation of those two phrases? What does "russebil" mean? Did
> partying cause the vehicle to catch on fire? Were the occupants all
> Russians?

Hi there Randall.

My apologies for this extremely slow response.

First, this has nothing what so ever to do with Russia or Russians )
The term 'Russ' is what the students are called during the latter part of
the last year of Gymnasiet/Handelskole et al(College).

The translation 'over lit' is not that bad, think 'light a fire' + over =
Engulfed in fire.

'Started the car to cheat while driving' = started to miss, as in
ignition, whilst driving.

'Russebil' is the Norwegian word for 'Russ' + bil(car) = 'Russebil'.

The car caught fire by itself(old and crumbling fuel lines?), not as a
result of partying, and the occupants where Norwegian.
Hope this helps somewhat.

Jørn
Old May 11th 12, 07:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_9_]

Old May 11th 12, 11:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_9_]

On Wed, 09 May 2012 23:44:53 +0200, meagain >
wrote:

> P.J.Berg wrote:
>> This car was part of this years 'Russefeiring', where our students
>> celebrate the
>> finishing of the equivalent to College. It involves heavy partying for
>> the better
>> part of a month.
>> The vehicles varies from huge articulated buses to smaller vans like
>> the one in the
>> picture, it is however very rare the cars are as old as this one.
>>
>> http://www.tv2.no/nyheter/innenriks/...l-3770054.html
>>

>> J.
>>

> Is that photo reversed? I've never seen a vanagon with the sliding door
> on the driver's side.

I am going to try to answer this again as I have server difficulties my
ways, the I.s.p. no longer supports Usenet so I am dependent on the free
server still accessible.

The photo is not reversed, there are plenty of 'Specials' about, think
'Options'. And that is not a vanagon, they came way later.

P.J.