File 43 of 52, Humber 12 HP Vogue saloon 1937 r3q.JPG (1/2) - 454 Kbytes

Old January 17th 10, 07:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Max Magister

Default File 43 of 52, Humber 12 HP Vogue saloon 1937 r3q.JPG (1/2) - 454 Kbytes

That's interesting pillarless styling. Do you know who built the body for
this Humber? I have the same car in the A-Z of Cars of the 1930s so it may
well have been a factory build. I don't remember if Rootes had already
purchased Thrupp & Maberly by this time; if so, this could have been one of
their bodies.

max

"André Ritzinger" > wrote in message
l.nl...

Old January 17th 10, 11:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Leroy Curtis

In article >, Max
Magister > writes
>That's interesting pillarless styling. Do you know who built the body for
>this Humber? I have the same car in the A-Z of Cars of the 1930s so it may
>well have been a factory build. I don't remember if Rootes had already
>purchased Thrupp & Maberly by this time; if so, this could have been one of
>their bodies.

Hi, Max

Thrupp and Maberly were purchased by Rootes in 1925. This Humber would
almost certainly be one of theirs; the pillarless style is typical of
them, and they built many of Sunbeam's and Humber's cars during the
1930s.
--
Regards

Leroy Curtis

Please replace "nospam" with "baram" in my address if you wish to
reply by Email