Hoping for Good Gas News....

Old May 27th 06, 04:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Hoping for Good Gas News....

On Fri, 26 May 2006 22:04:24 -0400, "Michael Johnson, PE"
> wrote:

>My Names Nobody wrote:
>>> I guess the old saying still holds, "There's no such thing as a free
>>> lunch" but there is a lot of waste byproducts from coal and petroleum
>>> fired plants. The ones with the least impacts might be natural gas but
>>> they are the most expensive to operate.

>> Absolutely, but it is imperative on all of us to see that we aren't killing
>> the whole heard just to eat one animal. :-) With the impending demise of
>> hydro power, wind and solar sure do seem a lot more planet friendly than the
>> current remaining options...

>I think one very promising method is using tidal activity. Just think
>of the amount of energy it takes to raise and lower sea levels globally
>everyday by several feet. If we can tap into that energy in a
>meaningful way it would be a huge resource.

Hey, if ya think that is something imagine harnessing the energy of
PMSing women. Talk about rising with the tide.
--
For choosing to fight, one gets the horrors of war,stress,and possibly
death.

For choosing not to fight, one gets subjugation,humiliation,and
possibly death.

Choose your fights carefully.
Old May 27th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Zombywoof wrote:
> On Fri, 26 May 2006 22:04:24 -0400, "Michael Johnson, PE"
> > wrote:
>
>> My Names Nobody wrote:
>>> Absolutely, but it is imperative on all of us to see that we aren't killing
>>> the whole heard just to eat one animal. :-) With the impending demise of
>>> hydro power, wind and solar sure do seem a lot more planet friendly than the
>>> current remaining options...

>> I think one very promising method is using tidal activity. Just think
>> of the amount of energy it takes to raise and lower sea levels globally
>> everyday by several feet. If we can tap into that energy in a
>> meaningful way it would be a huge resource.
>>

> Hey, if ya think that is something imagine harnessing the energy of
> PMSing women. Talk about rising with the tide.

Ewwwwww!!!
Old May 30th 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Hoping for Good Gas News.... FYI

"Zombywoof" > wrote in message
news
> On Tue, 23 May 2006 10:47:01 GMT, "lab~rat >:-)" >
> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 22 May 2006 08:34:29 -0400, Zombywoof >
>>puked:

> puked:

>>>Don't forget nuclear waste.

>>True, but it IS clean nonetheless. And there are ways to dispose of
>>nuclear waste that haven't been exploited. I wonder if there are any
>>recycling potentials there...
>>

> That would be the U.S. Department of Energy's Advanced Fuel Cycle
> Initiative (AFCI). However, all it does is change the waste from one
> form to another to make the amount required to store smaller.
>
> The Advanced Recycle Facility (ARF) would remove uranium and plutonium
> from spent fuel along with the long-lived reactor wastes, such as
> americium and neptunium, which take thousands of years to decay, and
> recycle them into new fuel.
>
> Burning the recycled fuel to make electricity destroys the long-lived
> wastes. With that gone, only the short-lived wastes will need to be
> stored in a repository. The total amount of waste in the repository is
> reduced and in less than 1,000 years, the short-lived wastes decay
> until they are safer than the natural ore the original fuel came from.
>
> According to the U.S. Department of Energy, civilian nuclear reactors
> have produced more than 40,000 metric tons of spent fuel, about enough
> to cover one football field four yards deep. By 2010, DOE expects this
> figure to exceed 60,000 metric tons.
>
> Even if the recycling does prove effective and the nuclear waste
> stream is reduced in size by half, that is still and awful lot of
> really nasty ass **** out there for at least 1,000 years.
>
> Perhaps we can turn the moon into a nuclear landfill.
>

> --
> For choosing to fight, one gets the horrors of war,stress,and possibly
> death.
>
> For choosing not to fight, one gets subjugation,humiliation,and
> possibly death.
>
> Choose your fights carefully

Thought those of you with an interust in this topic might like to take a
look at this site....

Waste Management in the Nuclear Fuel Cycle
Nuclear Issues Briefing Paper 9
February 2006

http://www.uic.com.au/nip09.htm