"King Of The Road" Returns With 540HP

Old March 31st 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default "King Of The Road" Returns With 540HP

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...=2007703300380

Patrick

Old March 31st 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

wrote:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...=2007703300380

Maybe Ford should think about providing GT500s in a decent quantity to
keep the prices reasonable instead of offering another high priced
Mustang variant. This is why Ford is loosing me as a loyal customer.
They just don't get it and, frankly, I really don't care if they go
bankrupt. It is looking more and more like they lied to us about the
production numbers of the GT500. The only reason they are coming out
with this car is to keep the prices of Cobras in the stratosphere and
out of reach for most Mustang enthusiasts. Screw them. When is the
Camaro due to hit the showroom floor? Maybe they want my money and not
an arm and a leg too.
Old March 31st 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
GILL[_1_]

Michael Johnson wrote:
> wrote:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...=2007703300380

> Maybe Ford should think about providing GT500s in a decent quantity to
> keep the prices reasonable instead of offering another high priced
> Mustang variant. This is why Ford is loosing me as a loyal customer.
> They just don't get it and, frankly, I really don't care if they go
> bankrupt. It is looking more and more like they lied to us about the
> production numbers of the GT500. The only reason they are coming out
> with this car is to keep the prices of Cobras in the stratosphere and
> out of reach for most Mustang enthusiasts. Screw them. When is the
> Camaro due to hit the showroom floor? Maybe they want my money and not
> an arm and a leg too.

Send thousands of "Clones" to the streets, maybe the "got to have" would
die off for these people who are paying top dollar.
Old March 31st 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_37_]

Michael Johnson > wrote in
:

> wrote:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...=2007703300380

> Maybe Ford should think about providing GT500s in a decent quantity to
> keep the prices reasonable instead of offering another high priced
> Mustang variant. This is why Ford is loosing me as a loyal customer.
> They just don't get it and, frankly, I really don't care if they go
> bankrupt. It is looking more and more like they lied to us about the
> production numbers of the GT500.

I hate to say "I told you so", but...

> The only reason they are coming out
> with this car is to keep the prices of Cobras in the stratosphere and
> out of reach for most Mustang enthusiasts.

Exactly. More "limited production" stuff. Just what we need. NOT!

> Screw them. When is the
> Camaro due to hit the showroom floor? Maybe they want my money and

not
> an arm and a leg too.

Indeed. The next few years should prove very interesting. Lots of
stuff happening - Chrysler's impending sale, Ford/GM's impending doom,
Toyota about to mop up the domestic truck market, and vehicles like the
Camaro and Challenger about to make an appearance.
Old March 31st 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Joe wrote:
> Michael Johnson > wrote in
> :
>
>> wrote:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...=2007703300380
>> Maybe Ford should think about providing GT500s in a decent quantity to
>> keep the prices reasonable instead of offering another high priced
>> Mustang variant. This is why Ford is loosing me as a loyal customer.
>> They just don't get it and, frankly, I really don't care if they go
>> bankrupt. It is looking more and more like they lied to us about the
>> production numbers of the GT500.

> I hate to say "I told you so", but...

Ahhhh.... go ahead. You deserve it!

>> The only reason they are coming out
>> with this car is to keep the prices of Cobras in the stratosphere and
>> out of reach for most Mustang enthusiasts.

> Exactly. More "limited production" stuff. Just what we need. NOT!

This is just a blatant move to keep prices up. I didn't mind them
getting ridiculous money for the first run of GT500s but this shows that
they planned to gouge the first buyers and then manipulate the product
line to keep it going. Like I said, screw them. I give Ford a 50/50
chance, at best, of surviving another 5-10 years without being some
other car brands bitch (i.e. controlled by another entity). If that
happens I won't shed one tear for them. Considering the greed of the
UAW and the stupidity of Ford's management they deserve whatever they get.

>> Screw them. When is the
>> Camaro due to hit the showroom floor? Maybe they want my money and

> not
>> an arm and a leg too.

> Indeed. The next few years should prove very interesting. Lots of
> stuff happening - Chrysler's impending sale, Ford/GM's impending doom,
> Toyota about to mop up the domestic truck market, and vehicles like the
> Camaro and Challenger about to make an appearance.

I'm definitely going to look at all options when it comes time to buy.
Right now I have zero loyalty left for Ford's vehicles. We have bought
nothing but Fords for the last 15+ years with the exception of one
Nissan (240SX convertible). The Nissan was just an impulse buy from a
guy in the neighborhood.

My wife wants a new SUV around the first of the year and we are about
90% sure it will be a Toyota. They make good vehicles that have great
resale value and I personally know a guy that owns two Toyota
dealerships so getting a good price and excellent service will be a
given. When I turn to the Dark Side you know Ford is in deep ****.
Old April 1st 07, 01:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Mar 31, 1:26 pm, Joe > wrote:
> Michael Johnson > wrote om:

> Indeed. The next few years should prove very interesting. Lots of
> stuff happening - Chrysler's impending sale, Ford/GM's impending doom,

GM is on the upswing. They're going to make it. Ford on the other
hand... I think Mike nailed the odds when he said a 50/50 survival
rate.

Ford has continued to do some stupid stuff. Most recent case in
point, their new tall wagon, they removed the show version's clam-
shell rear doors and then named the vehicle the "Flex".

> Toyota about to mop up the domestic truck market,

I thought it was interesting C&D rated the new Silverado #1 and the
new Toyota pickup #2. When was the last time you saw a GM product
beat a brand new Toyota?

> and vehicles like the Camaro and Challenger about to make an appearance.

I have a feeling the new Challenger will be overpriced and
overweight. And I think if GM sweats the small details the Camaro
will be an awesome pony car.

Patrick

Old April 1st 07, 06:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Michael Johnson wrote:
> wrote:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...=2007703300380

> Maybe Ford should think about providing GT500s in a decent quantity to
> keep the prices reasonable instead of offering another high priced
> Mustang variant. This is why Ford is loosing me as a loyal customer.

They've probably lost me as well. All this time waiting for the price to
go down has me not being so interested any more. By the time it gets to
sticker I may have none left for the car.

> They just don't get it and, frankly, I really don't care if they go
> bankrupt. It is looking more and more like they lied to us about the
> production numbers of the GT500.

The momement they said they were going distribute the cars by dealer
allotment I knew this was going happen and caught a lot flak in here for
it. Ford has no desire to bring any car to market that's worth buying
without controlling production to the point that the price doesn't go
through the roof at the dealership.

> The only reason they are coming out
> with this car is to keep the prices of Cobras in the stratosphere and
> out of reach for most Mustang enthusiasts. Screw them. When is the
> Camaro due to hit the showroom floor? Maybe they want my money and not
> an arm and a leg too.

I am waiting for Ford to pull the plug on the GT500. At some point before
dealer prices hit sticker IMO they are going to say they 'can't afford
to build the low production model anymore' or they are going to say
there haven't been enough sales, or some lame ass excuse and cancel it.
The fact they moved the SVT chief elsewhere has me thinking they are
heading that way.

The local chevy dealer always has a good number of corvettes in stock. Never
saw a GT500 at the local Ford dealer.

Old April 1st 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Apr 1, 12:14 am, (Brent P)
wrote:

> > wrote:
> >>http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...=2007703300380

> > Maybe Ford should think about providing GT500s in a decent quantity to
> > keep the prices reasonable instead of offering another high priced
> > Mustang variant. This is why Ford is loosing me as a loyal customer.

> They've probably lost me as well. All this time waiting for the price to
> go down has me not being so interested any more. By the time it gets to
> sticker I may have none left for the car.

> > They just don't get it and, frankly, I really don't care if they go
> > bankrupt. It is looking more and more like they lied to us about the
> > production numbers of the GT500.

> The momement they said they were going distribute the cars by dealer
> allotment I knew this was going happen and caught a lot flak in here for
> it. Ford has no desire to bring any car to market that's worth buying
> without controlling production to the point that the price doesn't go
> through the roof at the dealership.

I've seen a couple at the dealers in my neck of the woods. And just
yesterday saw a red 'vert cruising the streets. Don't know what
they're paying for them though.

> > The only reason they are coming out
> > with this car is to keep the prices of Cobras in the stratosphere and
> > out of reach for most Mustang enthusiasts. Screw them. When is the
> > Camaro due to hit the showroom floor? Maybe they want my money and not
> > an arm and a leg too.

> I am waiting for Ford to pull the plug on the GT500. At some point before
> dealer prices hit sticker IMO they are going to say they 'can't afford
> to build the low production model anymore' or they are going to say
> there haven't been enough sales, or some lame ass excuse and cancel it.
> The fact they moved the SVT chief elsewhere has me thinking they are
> heading that way.

Maybe SVT will go more production line thereby increasing the numbers
and lowering the cost.

> The local chevy dealer always has a good number of corvettes in stock. Never
> saw a GT500 at the local Ford dealer.

When you're the only game in town, like the Mustang is, you can keep
prices higher. But with increased competition (the new pony cars that
are coming) Ford will be forced to play the buyers game.

Patrick

Old April 1st 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Brent P wrote:
> In article >, Michael Johnson wrote:
>> wrote:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...=2007703300380

>> Maybe Ford should think about providing GT500s in a decent quantity to
>> keep the prices reasonable instead of offering another high priced
>> Mustang variant. This is why Ford is loosing me as a loyal customer.

> They've probably lost me as well. All this time waiting for the price to
> go down has me not being so interested any more. By the time it gets to
> sticker I may have none left for the car.

I am definitely interested in what GM and DC are bringing to the table.
Hell, I just might throw more money at my '89 LX and make it my speed
fix and forget about a new Mustang all together.

>> They just don't get it and, frankly, I really don't care if they go
>> bankrupt. It is looking more and more like they lied to us about the
>> production numbers of the GT500.

> The momement they said they were going distribute the cars by dealer
> allotment I knew this was going happen and caught a lot flak in here for
> it. Ford has no desire to bring any car to market that's worth buying
> without controlling production to the point that the price doesn't go
> through the roof at the dealership.

I don't want to drag up the whole allocation debate. The bottom line is
that Ford hasn't produced enough GT500 to meet the demand or what they
state a year ago. IMO, the introduction of this "new" KR variant shows
me they are going to keep the price gouging going for the full run of
these Cobras. If they produced enough the price would drop no matter
how they are allocated.

>> The only reason they are coming out
>> with this car is to keep the prices of Cobras in the stratosphere and
>> out of reach for most Mustang enthusiasts. Screw them. When is the
>> Camaro due to hit the showroom floor? Maybe they want my money and not
>> an arm and a leg too.

> I am waiting for Ford to pull the plug on the GT500. At some point before
> dealer prices hit sticker IMO they are going to say they 'can't afford
> to build the low production model anymore' or they are going to say
> there haven't been enough sales, or some lame ass excuse and cancel it.
> The fact they moved the SVT chief elsewhere has me thinking they are
> heading that way.

I see it as a real possibility too.

> The local chevy dealer always has a good number of corvettes in stock. Never
> saw a GT500 at the local Ford dealer.

The biggest issue I have with the Corvette is it being a two seater.
Even though the Mustang's rear seats are small they can be used by two
adults for a brief period of time or haul two kids with ease. It is
also a more practical car to take a trip in. I really am anxious to see
what GM will do with the new Camaro.