This Oughta Push Brently Over The Edge

Old May 9th 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
CobraJet[_2_]

Default This Oughta Push Brently Over The Edge

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/17/1702.asp

--
CobraJet
Old May 9th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

"CobraJet" > wrote in message
> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/17/1702.asp
>
> --
> CobraJet

Now THAT's funny.

I forget who said it or where I read it, but someone pointed out that
drivers will do the stupidest, craziest, most dangerous things just so they
won't be stuck behind a truck. (Watch for it and you'll see it.) This little
trick makes perfect sense.

Of course, there's an obvious and easy way to avoid being snared...

dwight

Old May 9th 07, 02:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, CobraJet wrote:
> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/17/1702.asp

Already covered it over in r.a.d. Try to keep up... I know you took the
short bus and all....

But you're welcome to come to chicago and drive the posted speed limit in
front of truckers. Be sure to wear your depends, because the trucker is a
bigger bully than you. He'll sit 3 feet off your bumper, even pass you on
the shoulder.

Old May 9th 07, 04:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
CobraJet[_2_]

In article >, Brent P
> wrote:

> In article >, CobraJet wrote:
> > http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/17/1702.asp

> Already covered it over in r.a.d. Try to keep up... I know you took the
> short bus and all....

Damn, you mean you whine in multiple newsgroups?

> But you're welcome to come to chicago and drive the posted speed limit in
> front of truckers. Be sure to wear your depends, because the trucker is a
> bigger bully than you. He'll sit 3 feet off your bumper, even pass you on
> the shoulder.

I drive at a yearly average. That means during the winter I drive
behind snowbirds doing 10-15 mph under the posted limit (many of which
are Chicago assholes), and during the summer I drive 10-15 over the
limit like the rest of the locals.

I'd like to think the snowbird thing was just for the old farts.
However, I've seen this " I can count the pebbles in the asphalt"
technique from much younger drivers with northern plates. I can only
conclude that people from any area with any kind of real winter weather
can't drive worth **** compared to the warm state natives.

--
CobraJet
Old May 9th 07, 04:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, CobraJet wrote:
> In article >, Brent P
> wrote:
>
>> In article >, CobraJet wrote:
>> > http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/17/1702.asp

>> Already covered it over in r.a.d. Try to keep up... I know you took the
>> short bus and all....

> Damn, you mean you whine in multiple newsgroups?

r.a.d used to have a number of people who were very knowledgable on
driving issues and automotive design and very much involved with it. I
learned quite a bit reading what they wrote and the cites that supported
their arguments. I try to spread the knowledge and you chest thumping
apes just don't want to learn anything.

>> But you're welcome to come to chicago and drive the posted speed limit in
>> front of truckers. Be sure to wear your depends, because the trucker is a
>> bigger bully than you. He'll sit 3 feet off your bumper, even pass you on
>> the shoulder.

> I drive at a yearly average. That means during the winter I drive
> behind snowbirds doing 10-15 mph under the posted limit (many of which
> are Chicago assholes),

So you get stuck behind some old people with IL plates and you think
that's the typical chicago driver.... laff.

> and during the summer I drive 10-15 over the
> limit like the rest of the locals.

So much for 'the law is the law' and not just doing what everyone else does.

> I'd like to think the snowbird thing was just for the old farts.
> However, I've seen this " I can count the pebbles in the asphalt"
> technique from much younger drivers with northern plates. I can only
> conclude that people from any area with any kind of real winter weather
> can't drive worth **** compared to the warm state natives.

No, you're seeing people out of state driving slowly because they are
targets for the local constabulary. Out of state plates is a good way to
get picked out of the flow. Funny how it is with you, those that obey the
law can't drive and those who don't are wrong for not doing so, but
you're ok at 15 over.

Old May 9th 07, 05:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
CobraJet[_2_]

In article >, Brent P
> wrote:

> In article >, CobraJet wrote:
> > In article >, Brent P
> > wrote:

> >> Already covered it over in r.a.d. Try to keep up... I know you took the
> >> short bus and all....

> > Damn, you mean you whine in multiple newsgroups?

> r.a.d used to have a number of people who were very knowledgable on
> driving issues and automotive design and very much involved with it. I
> learned quite a bit reading what they wrote and the cites that supported
> their arguments. I try to spread the knowledge and you chest thumping
> apes just don't want to learn anything.
>
> >> But you're welcome to come to chicago and drive the posted speed limit in
> >> front of truckers. Be sure to wear your depends, because the trucker is a
> >> bigger bully than you. He'll sit 3 feet off your bumper, even pass you on
> >> the shoulder.

> > I drive at a yearly average. That means during the winter I drive
> > behind snowbirds doing 10-15 mph under the posted limit (many of which
> > are Chicago assholes),

> So you get stuck behind some old people with IL plates and you think
> that's the typical chicago driver.... laff.

It's not just *some* IL plates, it's all of them. No, I've seen the
typical Chicago driver whilst in front of McCormick Place one time. He
decided to parallel park his 17-foot car into a 15-foot space, and
proceeded to non-chalantly bash both other cars until his fit, in front
of at least 100 people. As a Los Angeles resident at the time, I did
what all other L.A. residents do when faced with blatant disregard for
another's vehicle; I reached for my gun. However, I did not take it on
the plane. I turned to the other members of my contingent and found
them likewise groping in waistbands and purses to no avail. Drat.

> > and during the summer I drive 10-15 over the
> > limit like the rest of the locals.

> So much for 'the law is the law' and not just doing what everyone else does.

Did I say I obeyed the prima facie limit? Hell no.

> > I'd like to think the snowbird thing was just for the old farts.
> > However, I've seen this " I can count the pebbles in the asphalt"
> > technique from much younger drivers with northern plates. I can only
> > conclude that people from any area with any kind of real winter weather
> > can't drive worth **** compared to the warm state natives.

> No, you're seeing people out of state driving slowly because they are
> targets for the local constabulary. Out of state plates is a good way to
> get picked out of the flow. Funny how it is with you, those that obey the
> law can't drive and those who don't are wrong for not doing so, but
> you're ok at 15 over.

You know nothing. The snowbirds are seen by the city council as a
boost to the local economy when they are here. They are never pulled
over, even though the lot of them deserve impeding cites daily. I've
seen them run into curbs, back into stationary objects, and drive for
blocks on the wrong side of the road. But they don't get into any
trouble.

I'm not "OK" at 15 over. I acknowledge that I'm breaking the law,
and if I get a ticket then tough cookies. I don't gripe about roadside
taxation and other such nonsense. I really don't consider the whole
scenario worth wasting time thinking about. I'll let *you* stress out
instead.

--
CobraJet
Old May 9th 07, 05:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, CobraJet wrote:

> It's not just *some* IL plates, it's all of them.

And you know the local constabulary would target them just as they know.
IL plates, down south....

> No, I've seen the
> typical Chicago driver whilst in front of McCormick Place one time. He
> decided to parallel park his 17-foot car into a 15-foot space, and
> proceeded to non-chalantly bash both other cars until his fit, in front
> of at least 100 people.

Now think about driving 55mph in front of this guy when the flow is
75mph.

>> > and during the summer I drive 10-15 over the
>> > limit like the rest of the locals.

>> So much for 'the law is the law' and not just doing what everyone else does.

> Did I say I obeyed the prima facie limit? Hell no.

Oh... now the 85th percentile method is valid..... So you've just been
full of **** entirely.

>> No, you're seeing people out of state driving slowly because they are
>> targets for the local constabulary. Out of state plates is a good way to
>> get picked out of the flow. Funny how it is with you, those that obey the
>> law can't drive and those who don't are wrong for not doing so, but
>> you're ok at 15 over.

> You know nothing. The snowbirds are seen by the city council as a
> boost to the local economy when they are here. They are never pulled
> over, even though the lot of them deserve impeding cites daily.

If they were speeding they would be. Slow drivers are pulled over durring
drinking hours, not going to the early bird special at the family eatery.

> I'm not "OK" at 15 over. I acknowledge that I'm breaking the law,
> and if I get a ticket then tough cookies. I don't gripe about roadside
> taxation and other such nonsense. I really don't consider the whole
> scenario worth wasting time thinking about. I'll let *you* stress out
> instead.

You're wasting your time with it now. So basically what gets your panties
in a bunch is that I don't share your apathy.

Old May 9th 07, 06:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
CobraJet[_2_]

In article >, Brent P
> wrote:

> In article >, CobraJet wrote:
>
> > It's not just *some* IL plates, it's all of them.

> And you know the local constabulary would target them just as they know.
> IL plates, down south....

Huh?

> > No, I've seen the
> > typical Chicago driver whilst in front of McCormick Place one time. He
> > decided to parallel park his 17-foot car into a 15-foot space, and
> > proceeded to non-chalantly bash both other cars until his fit, in front
> > of at least 100 people.

> Now think about driving 55mph in front of this guy when the flow is
> 75mph.

I have discovered over the past few years that driving a car that
says "Police Interceptor" on the back not only keeps the wackos at bay,
but Johnny Law doesn't "see" you very well, either. Maybe it's the
right car for you.

> >> So much for 'the law is the law' and not just doing what everyone else
> >> does.

> > Did I say I obeyed the prima facie limit? Hell no.

> Oh... now the 85th percentile method is valid..... So you've just been
> full of **** entirely.

You mistake me for someone who bothered to read all that crap.

> >> No, you're seeing people out of state driving slowly because they are
> >> targets for the local constabulary. Out of state plates is a good way to
> >> get picked out of the flow. Funny how it is with you, those that obey the
> >> law can't drive and those who don't are wrong for not doing so, but
> >> you're ok at 15 over.

> > You know nothing. The snowbirds are seen by the city council as a
> > boost to the local economy when they are here. They are never pulled
> > over, even though the lot of them deserve impeding cites daily.

> If they were speeding they would be. Slow drivers are pulled over durring
> drinking hours, not going to the early bird special at the family eatery.

You still know nothing. Snowbirds jam cheap places like the American
Legion, get toasted and are home in bed by 9pm.

> > I'm not "OK" at 15 over. I acknowledge that I'm breaking the law,
> > and if I get a ticket then tough cookies. I don't gripe about roadside
> > taxation and other such nonsense. I really don't consider the whole
> > scenario worth wasting time thinking about. I'll let *you* stress out
> > instead.

> You're wasting your time with it now. So basically what gets your panties
> in a bunch is that I don't share your apathy.

I gotta laugh. You read these posts and "imagine" that my panties
are in a bunch, and that I am "lashing out". I think you give yourself
too much credit. I post here in between a ton of other stuff I'm doing
on the computer. I don't care about your problems; I'm just amused by
dysfunctional logic. Have been for years. Life's too short to get wound
up.

--
CobraJet
Old May 9th 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, CobraJet wrote:
> In article >, Brent P
> wrote:
>
>> In article >, CobraJet wrote:
>>
>> > It's not just *some* IL plates, it's all of them.

>> And you know the local constabulary would target them just as they know.
>> IL plates, down south....

> Huh?

Not only is it well known that out of state plates make one a target for
being singled out, throw the northern in a southern state + stereotype
southern cop and speed trap town.....

>> > No, I've seen the
>> > typical Chicago driver whilst in front of McCormick Place one time. He
>> > decided to parallel park his 17-foot car into a 15-foot space, and
>> > proceeded to non-chalantly bash both other cars until his fit, in front
>> > of at least 100 people.

>> Now think about driving 55mph in front of this guy when the flow is
>> 75mph.

> I have discovered over the past few years that driving a car that
> says "Police Interceptor" on the back not only keeps the wackos at bay,
> but Johnny Law doesn't "see" you very well, either. Maybe it's the
> right car for you.

I don't like land barges. But that is simply irrelevant. But I do notice
you're concerned about cops seeing you, maybe you should just obey the
law? Oh wait, that would mean you'd have to practice what you preach.

>> > Did I say I obeyed the prima facie limit? Hell no.

>> Oh... now the 85th percentile method is valid..... So you've just been
>> full of **** entirely.

> You mistake me for someone who bothered to read all that crap.

So it's even worse... you felt free to spew insults and you never even
knew what I had written. That's just plain stupid.

>> > You know nothing. The snowbirds are seen by the city council as a
>> > boost to the local economy when they are here. They are never pulled
>> > over, even though the lot of them deserve impeding cites daily.

>> If they were speeding they would be. Slow drivers are pulled over durring
>> drinking hours, not going to the early bird special at the family eatery.

> You still know nothing. Snowbirds jam cheap places like the American
> Legion, get toasted and are home in bed by 9pm.

You just agreed with me.

>> > I'm not "OK" at 15 over. I acknowledge that I'm breaking the law,
>> > and if I get a ticket then tough cookies. I don't gripe about roadside
>> > taxation and other such nonsense. I really don't consider the whole
>> > scenario worth wasting time thinking about. I'll let *you* stress out
>> > instead.

>> You're wasting your time with it now. So basically what gets your panties
>> in a bunch is that I don't share your apathy.

> I gotta laugh. You read these posts and "imagine" that my panties
> are in a bunch, and that I am "lashing out". I think you give yourself
> too much credit. I post here in between a ton of other stuff I'm doing
> on the computer. I don't care about your problems; I'm just amused by
> dysfunctional logic. Have been for years. Life's too short to get wound
> up.

I post inbetween things as well.

1) My logic is just fine provided one actually understands the background
material.

2) Since you admittedly don't read my posts in full, it's not my logic
that is dysfunctional but rather your reading and comprehension.

My problems? They are everyone's problems. You just choose to give into
apathy and ignore them. Don't worry, the results of your apathy will
probably come to bite you all in the ass soon enough.

Old May 9th 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

On Wed, 09 May 2007 07:55:39 -0500,
(Brent P) wrote:

>In article >, CobraJet wrote:
>> In article >, Brent P
> wrote:

SNIP
>>> I

>> up.

>I post inbetween things as well.
>
>1) My logic is just fine provided one actually understands the background
>material.

All the logic and theory in the world won't make reality and human
nature any different.

>2) Since you admittedly don't read my posts in full, it's not my logic
>that is dysfunctional but rather your reading and comprehension.

Your logic may be just fine in an altered state of reality. However,
most people drive in this reality because they realize this is the one
they have to function in. There are far more important things to
them... like paying the mortgage, feeding families, having their loved
ones come home in one piece....

>My problems? They are everyone's problems. You just choose to give into
>apathy and ignore them. Don't worry, the results of your apathy will
>probably come to bite you all in the ass soon enough.

Judging by the responses, less people agree with you than you seem to
think. So, perhaps it isn't "everyone's problems". Perhaps you are
spitting into the wind instead of with the wind. What you consider
apathy could just be the majority's reality. Doesn't make them sheep.
Just means they accept what is reasonable intrusion. Then again, maybe
it is apathy because the majority of people think it is just too
insignificant to worry about, and leave such worries to the Don
Quixotes who need their windmills.