DMC Houston Deloren As Daily Driver

Old January 9th 04, 11:29 PM
Nate Nagel

Default DMC Houston Deloren As Daily Driver

Daniel J. Stern wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Roger Blake wrote:
>

>>>If you're going to drive a 20-30 year old car, it better have some very
>>>good features.

>>Cars that age in good condition are perfectly capable of providing
>>good, reliable transportation. My 1975 Hornet has front disc brakes,
>>automatic tranny, power steering, A/C, individual reclining seats,
>>transistorized ignition, electric windshield wipers, etc.

> My '71 164 has all those features, too. And so does my '62 Lancer, except
> for the reclining seats. The OP on this subtopic is clueless.

ObPedantry: your Lancer has electronic ignition and front disc brakes?
Been doing a little upgrading have we? <G>

Of course, a '63 Studebaker could have had all of those stock, had the
purchaser checked the right boxes on the order form, so your point still
stands. (I wouldn't have checked the automatic transmission box though,
as the 3-speed with overdrive is a much better cruising/daily driving
setup, and the 4-speed is so much more fun for hard driving... WHY did
they put second-gear-start slushboxes in otherwise nice driving cars?
but I digress...)

>>"Improvements" are frequently in the eye of the beholder.

> Amen. *clink*

*clink* indeed.

nate

--
go dry to reply.
http://www.toad.net/~njnagel

Old January 10th 04, 10:38 PM
Mike Helm

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 11:27:15 -0600, Steve >

>Mike Helm wrote:

>>>So? I drive a 30 year old car. What does age have to do with the appeal
>>>or "coolness" of a car, other than increase it? :-)

>> If you're going to drive a 20-30 year old car, it better have some very
>> good features.

>No feature is required beyond "I like it."

I'll agree with that - it's your choice. My choice is that I'm not
interested in driving most cars made in the '80s.

Old January 12th 04, 05:40 PM
Steve

Mike Helm wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 11:27:15 -0600, Steve >
>

>>Mike Helm wrote:

>>>If you're going to drive a 20-30 year old car, it better have some very
>>>good features.

>>No feature is required beyond "I like it."

> I'll agree with that - it's your choice. My choice is that I'm not
> interested in driving most cars made in the '80s.

Me either, but the 1960 thru about '75... now that's a different matter
than the 80s entirely :-)

Old January 13th 04, 08:02 PM
Rex B

|>My neighbor's DeLorean looks like it's 25 years old and I bet it lacks
|>"that new car smell".

Those of us with chemical sensitivites can do without the "new car smell",
thank you.
Rex in Fort Worth