6inch daylighters

Old December 22nd 04, 04:47 AM

Default 6inch daylighters

hi all,
i got a pair of black 6 inch daylighters for an early xmass present,
where do i mount them on a 90 YJ,
im using a stock bumper, and am getting a winch later on,
i have a set of pro-com bolted to my window frame sides now,
thanks for any ideas,

i was thinking of the "warn" winch plate with the brush guard
and mounting them on top of the brush guard?? good idea??
i see they have a nice brush guard for the TJ, that bolts onto the
bumper,, but not the YJ,,grrrrrr maybe weld it on??
john p

Old December 22nd 04, 07:16 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi John,
They must be above eye level, but the glare off the hood is
unbearable unless you make some unsightly shields to block light from
hitting your vehicle, or put them back further like this BaJa truck:
http://www.off-road.com/race/98baja1000/barlow.jpg I've used then down
on the bumper, but you'll driving scared, because it constantly looks
like you're about to drive off a cliff.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old December 25th 04, 01:09 PM

heres what my son and i did for mounting,
take and think capital "A" chop the top off and add 2inch tabs onto the
"A"s feet,
i drew it out onto a piece of plywood,
2inch tab, 33inches apart, a nine inch top section, down 14inches to
the 2inch tabs,

i went to Lows hardware and bought a piece of flat-bar two inches wide
3/16 thick
and 4 feet long,

my son heated the scribes with a plumbing torch(dont have a real one)
after i clamped the steel against my table-saw, after a long heating to
each scribe
i bent the angles in, wire-brushed,drilled two 1/2inch holes 3.5 out
from center
on the top section, 1 --1/2 hole in each foot-tab,
cleaned and primered,painted black,
mounted into the back treaded holes just behing the front bumper, with
1/2X1inch bolts
and a washer, painted black,
(my jeeps white,and brown mud with black,,no chrome)

the lights are level with the top of the hood,
last night was foggy and i went and got them aligned to my liking,

my son likes them best lit up with the covers on,,ha,,,
dam these things put a load onto my poor little fourbanger,,

i didnt bumper or window frame, mount them because here in the
WASHington state
i run up in the woods and the trees like to scrape everything off
including my top threads at the seams,

my take, yr milage may vary, it works for me till i get a welder and a
real set of torches,

Johnp
Happy Holadays to all,

Jeepers wrote:
> In article . com>,
> wrote:
>
> > hi all,
> > i got a pair of black 6 inch daylighters for an early xmass

present,
> > where do i mount them on a 90 YJ,
> > im using a stock bumper, and am getting a winch later on,
> > i have a set of pro-com bolted to my window frame sides now,
> > thanks for any ideas,
> >
> > i was thinking of the "warn" winch plate with the brush guard
> > and mounting them on top of the brush guard?? good idea??
> > i see they have a nice brush guard for the TJ, that bolts onto the
> > bumper,, but not the YJ,,grrrrrr maybe weld it on??
> > john p

> Well if ya get a decent solution lemme know, I bought the same ones

for
> my spouse' 93 stock yj. Windsheild light racks are wind noisy and the

> lights won't fit in the stock foglight positions, they hit the

fenders.
> She'll not have a winch so we'll be looking at the center of the

front
> bumper.
>
> 4" of snow here! A white Christmas in South Texas at MooMesa Ranch!
>
> --
> Member AAAAAAAA
> American Association Against Acronym Abuse And Also Ambiguity.

News==----

http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
120,000+ Newsgroups

=----

Old December 27th 04, 02:12 AM

Jeepers,
if you send me youe email addy to mine, ill send ya a pic,
i dont know where to post pics on here,
johnp

Old December 27th 04, 02:25 AM
DougW

scopenutt did pass the time by typing:
> Jeepers,
> if you send me youe email addy to mine, ill send ya a pic,
> i dont know where to post pics on here,

alt.binaries.pictures.autos.4x4 is a group some folk use.

--
DougW