looking at a 2006 unlimited TJ

Old August 30th 11, 04:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Lynn McGuire[_2_]

Default looking at a 2006 unlimited TJ

Any advice on buying a 2006 Unlimited TJ ?
http://atkinsontoyotamadisonville.co...w-Car/2876553/

The only defect is a small ding in the front bumper
and fairly used back tires.

Or should I wait for a new 2012 Unlimited with the
new V6 ?

Thanks,
Lynn
Old August 30th 11, 08:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
RoyJ[_2_]

On 8/30/2011 10:31 AM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> Any advice on buying a 2006 Unlimited TJ ?
> http://atkinsontoyotamadisonville.co...w-Car/2876553/
>

> The only defect is a small ding in the front bumper
> and fairly used back tires.
>
> Or should I wait for a new 2012 Unlimited with the
> new V6 ?
>
> Thanks,
> Lynn

Price is good (at least for around here) , mileage is moderate, options
are fine.

Beater tires means you can factor in the price of a GOOD set of tires
into the price and get some decent ones after you buy. Just plan on
buying 4 new ones, have the price of the tires in mind. Good chance you
can get the set included for the same price or a modest bump.
Old August 30th 11, 10:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Lynn McGuire[_2_]

On 8/30/2011 2:44 PM, RoyJ wrote:
> On 8/30/2011 10:31 AM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
>> Any advice on buying a 2006 Unlimited TJ ?
>> http://atkinsontoyotamadisonville.co...w-Car/2876553/
>>

>> The only defect is a small ding in the front bumper
>> and fairly used back tires.
>>
>> Or should I wait for a new 2012 Unlimited with the
>> new V6 ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Lynn

> Price is good (at least for around here) , mileage is moderate, options are fine.
>
> Beater tires means you can factor in the price of a GOOD set of tires into the price and get some decent ones after you buy. Just
> plan on buying 4 new ones, have the price of the tires in mind. Good chance you can get the set included for the same price or a
> modest bump.

Yeah, I was wondering about upgrading to a set of 16"
wheels and tires (maybe some LT315/75R16).

They are offering the Jeep to me at $15,300 + TTL.

The engine starts good, runs good, pulls strong and
the tranny shifts well. The A/C blows good, I test
drove it on a 109 F day.

Thanks,
Lynn