More power to the police in high speed pursuit

Old May 6th 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

Default More power to the police in high speed pursuit

"...." > wrote in message
>I don't see why the police chased him at all for a mere 73 mph. I
>routinely
> travel at 91 mph and no one ever stops me.
>
> sincerely,
>
> John Corzine.

Not bad... Just out of the hospital, and taking a little break up in
Pawtucket? Good for you, Guvn'r.

Were you in such a hurry to meet Imus, or was it all of those Rutgers girls
under one roof?

dwight

Old May 6th 07, 04:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
CobraJet[_2_]

In article >, Brent P
> wrote:

> Ye olde love or leave it. How dare I want things done properly. I should
> just shut the **** up and get the **** out.

Actually, I hate the way society here has devolved since I was a
kid. If you can find a way to change it for the better (notice I did
not say "make it free again"), then get with the program.

> Maybe
> you get a perverse joy that comes with kicking people around, making
> them beg and be submissive? Which are you CJ?

Yep, I've always enjoyed whacking the clueless upside the head. I
dislike whiners who can do nothing about their favorite moaning topics
but more whining.

How many years ago was it that you and I first got into it? 5 or 6?
At that time, you were bitching about some chick at a gas station who
dissed you because you got perverse joy out of circling around to drool
over her or something juvenile like that. Somehow, I get the feeling
that you have little more than whine about whatever the whole damn time
I've been out of this newsgroup.

I gave you a solution that was serious. Despite Spike's examples,
there are American societies in other countries that may lower your
ingestion of Pepto Bismol. A friend of mine who got tired of the L.A.
rat race in the 80's moved to Cabo San Lucas, and told me he would
never come back here. He didn't speak Spanish at the time, and didn't
need to where he went. I'm not staying in this country for my
retirement, either.

Stop freaking out about everything and learn to see the Big Picture.

--
CobraJet
Old May 6th 07, 06:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Spike wrote:
> On Fri, 04 May 2007 16:38:48 -0500,
> (Brent P) wrote:
>
> SNIP
>>
>>I see.... control by the authorities for all. Track and log everyone and
>>everything. If this goes in typical fashion you will proceed to
>>call me paranoid because I don't like this sort of thing.... but who is
>>really the paranoid? Those that opposes this sort of monitoring and
>>control or the those demanding it to stop those they are affraid of?

>>> I think you are confusing taxation with penalties.

>>Nope, I see things in their effective terms. There isn't a crime in going
>>75mph in 75mph traffic just because the sign says 55mph. It's just a tax
>>disguised as a penalty.

> WRONGO, Brent. There are two forms of speed limits. One is posted, and
> the other is governed by conditions (snow, traffic, wind, etc). Just
> because the law says you can go 75mph does not mean it is safe to do
> so, and therefore the "speed too fast for conditions" applies for the
> safety of other motorists as well as yourself.

So it's a bright sunny day on the interstate and everyone is doing 75mph+
and I am supposed to sit there like a stone in the river doing 55mph or
less because that's what the sign says? Or are you trying to say that
there is another speed limit that lets me do 75mph legally in good
conditions like everyone else? Because to tell you the truth, the speed
limit on many of the roads I drive, is really about the max one can
safely do in a blizzard.

>>> The former is a
>>> surcharge levied against goods or wages, and disassociated from
>>> criminal action. The latter is a fee exacted upon someone who has
>>> broken a law, hopefully a deterrent to further disobedience.

>>When speed limits are set lower than the vast majority of people drive,
>>it is effectively a selectively applied tax on driving.

> What you propose then is to remove all speed limits just because
> somebody out there wants to go faster than the posted limit.

He sets up the strawman.....

> Hiuman
> nature says that no matter where you set the bar, there will be people
> who want to pass it.

And he actually fails to knock it down.

> Just look at the people who speed to get from
> point A to point B compared to those who do not speed, and you see the
> time saved is insignificant, so why do they speed? Human nature.

Um no. Stop thinking in terms of authority and obedence. let go of that
dynamic. The vast majority of people choose safe and reasonable speeds.
Study after study after study has shown this. The government sets the
speed limit via the 'pull-a-number-out-of-someone's-ass' method or
they use the table-method (tables created for a broken down model T
and full of assumptions instead of real data) instead of a the best to
date engineering method, the 85th percentile method which uses actual
data.

If proper methods were used, enforcement could be concentrated on the
small percentage of drivers where it is actually needed. Instead,
officers pick and choose out a population where almost everyone is
exceeding the posted limit.

> How about if we just tell the cops not to stop anyone so that they
> will never be at risk?

Strawman.

>>Threats.... Always a good way to rule..... a third world police state
>>kleptocracy or a tyranny like China.

> In some ways it beats the anarchy you seem to promote.

Another strawman. What is it with you control freaks? Is anything that
you don't have arm guards lording over people anarchy to you?

>>> Sounds really good, doesn't it, Brent? Really, really good. What are
>>> you waiting for?

>>Why do you have such a problem with liberty? Why are you so affraid of
>>your fellow citizens that you need them to be tracked, monitored,
>>controled, sheepdoged by men with guns and badges? Or is it that you don't
>>want real responsibilty? You prefer to look to a parental government to
>>tell you what you should do, how you should live, to protect you? Or is it
>>just laziness... some people appear to like being a dependent. Their
>>freedom, their liberty is a small price to pay for the need to not have
>>to worry about things. Or maybe you're on the other end of it all. Maybe
>>you get a perverse joy that comes with kicking people around, making
>>them beg and be submissive? Which are you CJ?

> Because society needs controls, and someone has to be the controllers.

Oh? We have to be RULED, by other men? By criminal men? Because that is
what controlling government attracts like bugs to a light. This is
supposed to be a free society where indiviudal liberty is respected, not
a controlled society. You want a controlled society, you move to north
korea. I want a free one that values individual liberty, and last I
checked, the USA was the _ONLY_ nation that was even supposed to be that
way.

> Obviously, you don't agree with following the rules,

I follow them, that's how I know how assinine they are.

> even though your actions risk the safety of others.

I agree, driving the posted speed limit around here is very risky.
According to every study, driving a couple standard devations BELOW the
flow speed as I often do translates to much higer collision rates.

> Now, if everyone thought the way you do, we'd have total confusion.

Have you been following me around when I drive? Obviously not.
I follow the vehicle code, even aspects of the vehicle code that even cops
don't know, to the letter.

> Every society in history has had controls and enforcers.

And silly me, all I want is the rules to be match what the vast majority
of people in what is supposed to be a free nation that values liberty
where representives are elected to follow the will of the people to match
the will of the people. Silly me... we're just supposed to obey our slave
masters and their hired thugs...

> This is not the perfect dream world you would have it be.

Because properly setting a speed limit is so damn hard... I mean we've
only known how to do it the right way since the 1940s. It's the 21st
century and we still do things like it's 1932.

> While your driving may be perfect even without following
> the rules, all it takes it someone else who is not so perfect, to
> smear you and those you love all over the roadway.

As if posting 55mph signs instead of 75mph signs is going to change that.
Actually, 55mph signs make it much more likely IMO. Because the speed
limits are so assinine, so low, people have taken to think the rest of
the vehicle code is nonsense too. Underposted speed limits have done a
great deal of harm IMO. It's about time to start undoing it.

Old May 6th 07, 06:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, CobraJet wrote:
> In article >, Brent P
> wrote:
>

>> Ye olde love or leave it. How dare I want things done properly. I should
>> just shut the **** up and get the **** out.

> Actually, I hate the way society here has devolved since I was a
> kid. If you can find a way to change it for the better (notice I did
> not say "make it free again"), then get with the program.

Here's a clue... get rid of parental government. Keep treating people
like children, slaves, and/or prisoners and they will continue to behave
like such.

> How many years ago was it that you and I first got into it? 5 or 6?
> At that time, you were bitching about some chick at a gas station who
> dissed you because you got perverse joy out of circling around to drool
> over her or something juvenile like that. Somehow, I get the feeling
> that you have little more than whine about whatever the whole damn time
> I've been out of this newsgroup.

How did I know you'd bring that up that old thread to try to save your
ass in this thread. Of course you got it entirely wrong just as you did
then, your own made up crap is what you consider reality. Anyway, what
really happened was someone brought up something similiar so I thought
I would relate... wouldn't have mentioned it otherwise. But you had to
step in and start being the asshole that you are. This is the here and
now, why don't you try in stay in it? Nahh... why do that when you can
keep the same crap you were doing 5 years ago going? you can't even stay
on the topic, you had to make it a personal love it or leave excerise
and find whatever you can to attack. Just another dumb bully who hasn't
grown out of the 5th grade.

> I gave you a solution that was serious. Despite Spike's examples,
> there are American societies in other countries that may lower your
> ingestion of Pepto Bismol.

Why don't you control freaks pick up and move to China, North Korea,
Iran, Cuba, or any number of police states and theoracies around the
world where society is tightly controlled if that's what you like. The
USA is the only nation that is even supposed to respect invidual liberty.
I am in the right place, it's you that's in the wrong one, mr love it or
leave it. I love what the USA is supposed to be, why do you want to make
it into something else, something I hate, while that can be found
elsewhere and all you need to do is move?

> Stop freaking out about everything and learn to see the Big Picture.

I see the big picture.... this is just a tiny aspect of it. You want to
live in a controlled third world police state? Well, you're going to get
one unless people take action damn soon to make the USA change direction.

Old May 6th 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Sarah Czepiel

On Sat, 5 May 2007 19:45:54 -0400, "dwight" >
wrote:

:>"...." > wrote in message
:>>I don't see why the police chased him at all for a mere 73 mph. I
:>>routinely
:>> travel at 91 mph and no one ever stops me.
:>>
:>> sincerely,
:>>
:>> John Corzine.
:>

Cranston. Slightly less of a ******** than Pawtucket.
Old May 6th 07, 06:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
CobraJet[_2_]

In article >, Brent P
> wrote:

> In article >, CobraJet wrote:
> > In article >, Brent P
> > wrote:
> >

> >> Ye olde love or leave it. How dare I want things done properly. I should
> >> just shut the **** up and get the **** out.

> > Actually, I hate the way society here has devolved since I was a
> > kid. If you can find a way to change it for the better (notice I did
> > not say "make it free again"), then get with the program.

> Here's a clue... get rid of parental government. Keep treating people
> like children, slaves, and/or prisoners and they will continue to behave
> like such.
>
> > How many years ago was it that you and I first got into it? 5 or 6?
> > At that time, you were bitching about some chick at a gas station who
> > dissed you because you got perverse joy out of circling around to drool
> > over her or something juvenile like that. Somehow, I get the feeling
> > that you have little more than whine about whatever the whole damn time
> > I've been out of this newsgroup.

> How did I know you'd bring that up that old thread to try to save your
> ass in this thread. Of course you got it entirely wrong just as you did
> then, your own made up crap is what you consider reality. Anyway, what
> really happened was someone brought up something similiar so I thought
> I would relate... wouldn't have mentioned it otherwise. But you had to
> step in and start being the asshole that you are. This is the here and
> now, why don't you try in stay in it? Nahh... why do that when you can
> keep the same crap you were doing 5 years ago going? you can't even stay
> on the topic, you had to make it a personal love it or leave excerise
> and find whatever you can to attack. Just another dumb bully who hasn't
> grown out of the 5th grade.
>
> > I gave you a solution that was serious. Despite Spike's examples,
> > there are American societies in other countries that may lower your
> > ingestion of Pepto Bismol.

> Why don't you control freaks pick up and move to China, North Korea,
> Iran, Cuba, or any number of police states and theoracies around the
> world where society is tightly controlled if that's what you like. The
> USA is the only nation that is even supposed to respect invidual liberty.
> I am in the right place, it's you that's in the wrong one, mr love it or
> leave it. I love what the USA is supposed to be, why do you want to make
> it into something else, something I hate, while that can be found
> elsewhere and all you need to do is move?
>
> > Stop freaking out about everything and learn to see the Big Picture.

> I see the big picture.... this is just a tiny aspect of it. You want to
> live in a controlled third world police state? Well, you're going to get
> one unless people take action damn soon to make the USA change direction.

The fact that you misunderstand just about everything myself and
others say to you tells me you are essentially doomed to lead a
miserable life. You were born as a statistic and that's the way you'll
die. In the meantime, go read Lord of the Flies.

--
CobraJet
Old May 6th 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, CobraJet wrote:

> The fact that you misunderstand just about everything myself and
> others say to you tells me you are essentially doomed to lead a
> miserable life. You were born as a statistic and that's the way you'll
> die. In the meantime, go read Lord of the Flies.

It is you that misunderstand, mr. grade school bully. What I have been
saying is so far beyond your comprehension, so far beyond your
understanding, that all you can do is lash out. That's the thing about a
grade school bully, he lashes out with insults and violence because he
cannot comprehend what the others do. Why are you so insecure that you
need to have controls placed on others and decisions made for yourself?

You're a lower vibration, stuck with the understanding of grunt, of a
thug. By force and fear you think others can be made to behave the way you
want. Oddly, that's exactly how a terrorist thinks. That through
application of force, a fear develops causing others to behave and create
the restrictions the terrorist wants.

We've been doing things this simplistic grunt way for decades, and when
it comes to traffic, it clearly isn't working. It's time to try something
new. But you think you can just rachet up the fear a little more,
increase the state's ability to control people and it will get better.
Nope. It will just make matters worse.

Old May 6th 07, 10:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
CobraJet[_2_]

In article >, Brent P
> wrote:

> In article >, CobraJet wrote:
>
> > The fact that you misunderstand just about everything myself and
> > others say to you tells me you are essentially doomed to lead a
> > miserable life. You were born as a statistic and that's the way you'll
> > die. In the meantime, go read Lord of the Flies.

> It is you that misunderstand, mr. grade school bully. What I have been
> saying is so far beyond your comprehension, so far beyond your
> understanding, that all you can do is lash out. That's the thing about a
> grade school bully, he lashes out with insults and violence because he
> cannot comprehend what the others do. Why are you so insecure that you
> need to have controls placed on others and decisions made for yourself?
>
> You're a lower vibration, stuck with the understanding of grunt, of a
> thug. By force and fear you think others can be made to behave the way you
> want. Oddly, that's exactly how a terrorist thinks. That through
> application of force, a fear develops causing others to behave and create
> the restrictions the terrorist wants.
>
> We've been doing things this simplistic grunt way for decades, and when
> it comes to traffic, it clearly isn't working. It's time to try something
> new. But you think you can just rachet up the fear a little more,
> increase the state's ability to control people and it will get better.
> Nope. It will just make matters worse.

I want to control your mind, Brent. I want you to understand that
you are trapped in a world that has no utopia. There is nowhere to go.
You are amongst the grovelling minions who MUST do what I and those
like me say. Close your eyes and see us both at the playground, Bret.
I tower over you, and I laugh when I make you pull down your shorts and
sit on the hot metal slide. I won't let you up until I'm done kicking
sand in your face. Feel it, Brent? Hot, stinging sand. In your eyes, in
your mouth, in your nose. I'm laughing, Bret, because there are just so
many like you that must do as I say and there is no end to my
enjoyment. Your tears run a trail through the dust on your face and
drop onto a lap devoid of the hair of man. Tis a wonderful day, the
sobbing and choking and the stench of seared flesh.

You will see this picture every time you encounter authority, Bret.
From the cop who demands your license to your boss who demands you show
up on time to the cashier who demands you pay for your groceries. They
all put you in your place. Bottom rung. Servile. We are all out to feel
empowered by the whimpering that emanates from clenched lips. The
picture will always be there. Hot sand, shorts at your ankles, yellow
puddle.

It's there forever. In your mind, right up front. It itches from
inside. You can feel it eating away at you even when you try not to
think about it. It has substance. It has aggression. It was meant to
devour. You cannot ever be at peace with that picture in your head.
When you wake up, you taste the playground grit in your teeth. You pick
at the pus-filled scabs on your buttocks. You've got to kill it, Bret.
You can't be happy until you stop it from eating away at you. But how?
It's inside your head. You need to stab it, over and over. YOU are the
boss and you won't have this thing festering in you any more.

That's it, stab it. You have an ice pick in the kitchen, don't you,
Bret? I'm in your head; the only way out is to kill me. Think of it. No
more laughing at your pitiful existence. You can free yourself.
Freedom. You want it. You deserve it. No, it is your right.

Go get the ice pick, Bret. Go get it now.

--
CobraJet
Old May 6th 07, 10:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

On Sun, 06 May 2007 15:26:52 -0500,
(Brent P) wrote:

>In article >, CobraJet wrote:
>
>> The fact that you misunderstand just about everything myself and
>> others say to you tells me you are essentially doomed to lead a
>> miserable life. You were born as a statistic and that's the way you'll
>> die. In the meantime, go read Lord of the Flies.

>It is you that misunderstand, mr. grade school bully. What I have been
>saying is so far beyond your comprehension, so far beyond your
>understanding, that all you can do is lash out. That's the thing about a
>grade school bully, he lashes out with insults and violence because he
>cannot comprehend what the others do. Why are you so insecure that you
>need to have controls placed on others and decisions made for yourself?
>
>You're a lower vibration, stuck with the understanding of grunt, of a
>thug. By force and fear you think others can be made to behave the way you
>want. Oddly, that's exactly how a terrorist thinks. That through
>application of force, a fear develops causing others to behave and create
>the restrictions the terrorist wants.
>
>We've been doing things this simplistic grunt way for decades, and when
>it comes to traffic, it clearly isn't working. It's time to try something
>new. But you think you can just rachet up the fear a little more,
>increase the state's ability to control people and it will get better.
>Nope. It will just make matters worse.

Sometimes it's nice to get into these discussions with you, but in the
end, it becomes boring because you are right and the rest of the world
is wrong. EVERY society needs structure and controls. Even the most
basic society in the Amazon jungle has them. It's what makes it
possible to get along with their neighbors. But you want no
restrictions placed on anything which involves you. It's all about
"you". I have a 3 year old granddaughter who is the same way. She even
resorts to the same kind of response as the one you just gave (above).
At 3 she knows it all and is smarter than everyone else. I think the
difference is that she will grow up and see reality.
Old May 6th 07, 10:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Spike wrote:

> Sometimes it's nice to get into these discussions with you, but in the
> end, it becomes boring because you are right and the rest of the world
> is wrong.

Strawman.

> EVERY society needs structure and controls. Even the most
> basic society in the Amazon jungle has them. It's what makes it
> possible to get along with their neighbors.

Strawman.

> But you want no
> restrictions placed on anything which involves you.

Strawman.

> It's all about
> "you". I have a 3 year old granddaughter who is the same way. She even
> resorts to the same kind of response as the one you just gave (above).
> At 3 she knows it all and is smarter than everyone else. I think the
> difference is that she will grow up and see reality.

Strawman.

When you actually understand what I wrote, let me know.