2003 A4 1.8t Alignment

Old November 7th 04, 03:24 PM
suppy

Default 2003 A4 1.8t Alignment

Howdy,

I have noticed many folks having problems with the OEM 205/65/r15 Pirellis
after 25k or so...I am having the same problems...My fronts are balding bad
after 29k...Rotated them at 15k...Alignment has been poor for most of the
miles put on the car...My wife drives it the most...Very conservative...We
are not running up and down curbs and through potholes...I am wondering if
it is more of an Audi problem with alignment than a Pirelli problemor a
combination...I love my A4...

Old November 7th 04, 05:13 PM
ron

"suppy" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Howdy,
>
> I have noticed many folks having problems with the OEM 205/65/r15 Pirellis
> after 25k or so...I am having the same problems...My fronts are balding

bad
> after 29k...Rotated them at 15k...Alignment has been poor for most of the
> miles put on the car...My wife drives it the most...Very conservative...We
> are not running up and down curbs and through potholes...I am wondering if
> it is more of an Audi problem with alignment than a Pirelli problemor a
> combination...I love my A4...

30k is a good life for a tyre, I would say the reason fronts wear quicker is
because people tend to use power steering when they are stationary, this
scrubs tyres real quick.

Try and subcontiously remind yourself to start moving before you turn the
wheel, it will help preserve the steering componants too

2003 Audi A4 3.0 Cabriolet Karl Audi 0 October 19th 04 12:42 AM
1.8T Oil issue -- cost Libby Audi 35 September 23rd 04 03:14 PM
Wheel Alignment Geoff Audi 2 July 16th 04 06:23 PM
Dumb question regarding compression test on Audi a4 1.8t G Audi 5 June 23rd 04 06:47 PM
Preventative Water Pump Replacement on 1.8T Engine? Don Borowski Audi 3 June 14th 04 03:49 PM