Ford; Give us a "brake"

Old October 1st 05, 02:56 AM
Rich

Default Ford; Give us a "brake"

$480 Can. for Mach-1 brake pads?
-Rich
Old October 1st 05, 08:04 AM
Brent P

In article >, Rich wrote:
> $480 Can. for Mach-1 brake pads?

try tirerack....

Last set of pads I bought for my 2000 cobra R front brake kit was $89US I
think. Even the brembo pads at list aren't as much as you're talking
about.

Old October 1st 05, 03:48 PM
Rick Olive

Rich wrote:
> $480 Can. for Mach-1 brake pads?
> -Rich

Everyone's mantra should be "Ommmmm.... Never go to the dealer
Ommmm...". TireRack is the way to go. Got 4 new rotors and all brake
pads for $500 for the '03 Cobra. Only problem with TR pads is the spring
clips don't come with, and OF COURSE one of them broke when I pulled 'em
off. Ford couldn't (wouldn't?) sell spring clips separate from an axle
set of pads at $100! Solved that one at the local NAPA for $13.
Old October 1st 05, 05:30 PM
Rich

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 07:48:11 -0700, Rick Olive
> wrote:

>Rich wrote:
>> $480 Can. for Mach-1 brake pads?
>> -Rich

>Everyone's mantra should be "Ommmmm.... Never go to the dealer
>Ommmm...". TireRack is the way to go. Got 4 new rotors and all brake
>pads for $500 for the '03 Cobra. Only problem with TR pads is the spring
>clips don't come with, and OF COURSE one of them broke when I pulled 'em
>off. Ford couldn't (wouldn't?) sell spring clips separate from an axle
>set of pads at $100! Solved that one at the local NAPA for $13.

I'm trying sets of the new Monroe (God help me!) Premium pads.
$140 Can or about $120 U.S. All the clip hardware seems to be
included along with the anti-squeel stuff. The little square
tool to rotate the rear pistons was about $20 Can. One thing
that is odd is how small the pads are on one set. Tiny, actually.
-Rich
Old October 2nd 05, 03:52 PM
Rick Olive

Rich wrote:

> On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 07:48:11 -0700, Rick Olive
> > wrote:
>

>>Rich wrote:
>>
>>>$480 Can. for Mach-1 brake pads?
>>>-Rich

>>Everyone's mantra should be "Ommmmm.... Never go to the dealer
>>Ommmm...". TireRack is the way to go. Got 4 new rotors and all brake
>>pads for $500 for the '03 Cobra. Only problem with TR pads is the spring
>>clips don't come with, and OF COURSE one of them broke when I pulled 'em
>>off. Ford couldn't (wouldn't?) sell spring clips separate from an axle
>>set of pads at $100! Solved that one at the local NAPA for $13.

> I'm trying sets of the new Monroe (God help me!) Premium pads.
> $140 Can or about $120 U.S. All the clip hardware seems to be
> included along with the anti-squeel stuff. The little square
> tool to rotate the rear pistons was about $20 Can. One thing
> that is odd is how small the pads are on one set. Tiny, actually.
> -Rich

The rears ARE pretty damn small. Even as bad as they are, stock Cobra
brakes are still better than S281 (SCARY!). Next time I do brakes, which
is probably every 30-35K judging by past and recent experience, I'm
doing the calipers and lines as well.

Let us know how those Monroe's work. The Hawk GPS are good but noisy.
Old October 5th 05, 07:00 PM
C. E. White

"Rich" > wrote in message
> $480 Can. for Mach-1 brake pads?
> -Rich

www.fordpartsonline.com lists the fronts for $155.36 front and $65.46 rear
(US $, assuming they are the same as the Cobra or Bullitt - no seperate ting
for a late model Mach-1)

Ed

brake pads rubbing against disc when brakes are not applied [email protected] Technology 5 August 10th 05 03:43 AM
FORD TO INCREASE MUSTANG PRODUCTION TO MEET RUNAWAY CONSUMER DEMAND Grover C. McCoury III Ford Mustang 1 March 23rd 05 11:08 PM
strange brake problem Nadia Audi 9 March 2nd 05 07:38 PM
Ford Posts Profit, Autos Disappoint Again Grover C. McCoury III Ford Mustang 1 January 20th 05 06:05 PM
How to replace brake lines on 1976 Rabbit? Joseph Meehan VW water cooled 10 January 2nd 05 03:21 AM