Heater Blower Upgrade Question

Old December 8th 04, 10:34 AM
Tom Greening

Congrats. And a hearty "neener, neener!!" to all those other suggestions.

"Michael White" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> It looks like we have a winner! The fan without the AC fits just fine.
> Some other notes for anyone planning on doing this:
>
> 1) The correct fan part number at AutoZone is PM102 and is made by

Siemens.
> Other parts stores may (or may not) vary.
>

> Tom Greening ) wrote on Sunday 05 December 2004 08:33

pm:

> > will find that's the ticket..
> >

> > "Michael White" > wrote in message
> > k.net...
> >> All,
> >>
> >> I went out and bought the heater blower
> >> (http://www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/body/heater.html), and have run into

> >> problem or two. First off, both AutoZone and O'Reilley's only offer

one
> >> heater blower for that year, so there wasn't a choice between the

cheaper

Old December 8th 04, 01:05 PM
HomeBrewer

Did this upgrade improve your defrost ability? my defrost is really bad -
barely blows on the windshield.

--
_____________________
HomeBrewer

Old December 8th 04, 03:24 PM
griffin

You probably have other problems somewhere ...the blower upgrade works on my
defrost vent but barely on any of the other vents ;p

--
griffin
'85 Jeep CJ-7

Old December 8th 04, 03:30 PM
Mike Romain

Mine will defrost all the windows now!

I think the GM blower on low puts out more than the CJ blower did on
high, seriously.

I even have to turn my heater down now and can drive with no gloves on.

This is my first winter since the new blower with the hard top and hard
doors on and so far the heat is wicked! It was decent enough with the
soft top and soft doors that I didn't need gloves, now I don't even need
a coat!

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old December 8th 04, 03:34 PM
Mike Romain

You have cable issues then. I am in Canada and drove one winter with
just the bikini top and half doors on and that GM blower would still
keep my feet and my bare hand on the shifter warm. (I used to smoke
cigarettes so it was handy to be able to have one bare hand free)

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old December 9th 04, 12:19 AM
Michael White

HomeBrewer ) wrote on Wednesday 08 December 2004 07:05 am:

> Did this upgrade improve your defrost ability? my defrost is really bad -
> barely blows on the windshield.

It helped quite a bit - before it was barely a trickle, even on high. But I
also replaced all of the weather stripping inside of the housing, better
seated the defroster pipe that runs to the defroster vents, and cleaned up
and re-sealed the rear cover of the housing.
Old December 9th 04, 01:41 PM
Jeepster

When I left work this morning it was -24 degC my windows were clear
all the way home on the 50 km highway drive, before doing the upgrade
2 years ago I would have had to leave the defrofster on and freeze my
feet. Since doing the upgrade I rarely have to put the lever over to
defrost ........ do the upgrade you won't regret the time spent.