2004 Jeep GC 4X4 stalls on city road

Old December 9th 04, 01:58 AM
mic canic

have it towed in to the dealer jeep will flip the bill

Old December 9th 04, 05:13 PM
wkearney99

> AFAIK, the starter motor was turning bu the engine was not "chug
> chugging".

So you have TWO problems. One is that it died while driving. The other is
that now it won't engage the starter solenoid.

It's odd to have both of those problems at the same time. Strange enough
that electrical system problems might be involved. Don't know how an '04's
ignition control works but I'd start to wonder about the problem not
necessarily being in just the starter.

Old December 10th 04, 04:04 AM
Lon

What is turning the alternator? How would it be turning if the
engine is not spinning? Do you mean the starter is spinning
but the engine is not being turned over?

uniskae proclaimed:

> My mistake the engine is a I-6 not a V6.
>
> The Engine does not crank at all, though the alternator is rotating. Is
> the Crank Position Sensor a mechanical or electrical device? What do
> you mean by "which it will do"?
>

> Snow wrote:
>
>>What engine does it have? would the engine crank over?
>>If the engine cranked over it could be a fuel pump problem. If the

> engine
>
>>was just dead and would not crank it might be you Crank Position

> Sensor.
>
>>when the sensor goes it causes some strange things to happen anything

> from
>
>>just dying (which it will do) to starting right up again to not

> starting for
>
>>a couple minutes.
>>
>>Snow...

groups.com...