inexpensive lift for liberty?

Old December 24th 05, 10:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default inexpensive lift for liberty?

Just looking around for a friend for a slight lift for his liberty. I was
cruising ebay and found a couple there. Does anyone have any suggestions on
what is best? Maybe an inch to maybe 2.5 inch lift. Let me know what ideas
you all have.

Thanks!!

Merry christmas and happy new year!

Josh Piela

Old December 24th 05, 11:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Maybe a straight axle conversion:
http://www.billhughes.com/libbySaxle.jpg
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

Old December 25th 05, 02:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Hey Josh,
All you will get from most of these guys is a ration of C _ _ P when it
comes to the Liberty.

Try this group for answers to your KJ questions
http://www.lostkjs.com/

Merry Christmas!

KJKate
2O|||||||O5 Liberty

"Josh Piela" > wrote in message
.. .
: Just looking around for a friend for a slight lift for his liberty. I was
: cruising ebay and found a couple there. Does anyone have any suggestions
on
: what is best? Maybe an inch to maybe 2.5 inch lift. Let me know what
ideas
: you all have.
:
: Thanks!!
:

Old December 25th 05, 04:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

try http://www.rocky-road.com/kjsus.html . I've used coil spring spacers on
XJ's and had good results. Not sure how well strut spacers would work, but
the concept seems feasible.

Btw, its $215 for a 2.5" lift. Not bad...

Carl

.. .

Old December 25th 05, 05:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Apples and oranges, what the low KJ independent suspension looks
like: http://billhughes.com/temp/LibbyFIS.jpg
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

Old December 25th 05, 07:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Those are some short control arms. I was assuming the rear was akin to that
of a Grand Cherokee. The coil spring spacers should be fine in the rear, and
I don't see a problem with the installation of the strut spacers, so long as
longer shocks are used. The only problem will be the CV angles, but RRO
claims that it isn't a problem with 2.5".

Carl

Old December 25th 05, 05:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I'm having a bit of a bad experience with Rocky Road at the moment - I
ordered something which was allegedly shipped on the 17th November. I phoned
up on the 17th December and the guy seemed a bit uninterested, but
eventually agreed to find out what had happened to it, and to send me the
shipping number by email if it had been shipped and the explanation of what
had happened if not.
Still waiting and no goods - I'm pretty unimpressed ....

Dave Milne, Scotland

"Carl" > wrote in message
> try http://www.rocky-road.com/kjsus.html . I've used coil spring spacers

on
> XJ's and had good results. Not sure how well strut spacers would work, but
> the concept seems feasible.
>
> Btw, its $215 for a 2.5" lift. Not bad...
>
> Carl

FINALLY getting my lift, now what lift to get is the question. Brett Little Jeep 5 May 29th 05 02:50 PM
Ruff Country lift?? Jeff Jeep 4 January 17th 05 05:55 PM
lookin 4 butch VW air cooled 12 December 16th 04 11:38 PM
Suspension AND Body lift? JoeArmy99 4x4 16 June 27th 04 06:08 PM