2000 VW Beetle Turbo 1.8- replaced the expansion tank/now Temp is Blinking??

Old February 7th 15, 05:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Lisa[_3_]

Default 2000 VW Beetle Turbo 1.8- replaced the expansion tank/now Temp is Blinking??

Replaced VW Turbo 1.8 expansion tank due to a crack in it. Before we replaced
it, no idiot lights were ever on. Now that tank is replaced and back to new,
Red Flashing Therm. light is on, blinking, and beeping. Does the sensor need
to be Reset?? Sensor Bad??

--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/vw/2000-v...-te-45300-.htm

Old February 8th 15, 08:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
SnoBrdr

Lisa > wrote:

>Replaced VW Turbo 1.8 expansion tank due to a crack in it. Before we replaced
>it, no idiot lights were ever on. Now that tank is replaced and back to new,
>Red Flashing Therm. light is on, blinking, and beeping. Does the sensor need
>to be Reset?? Sensor Bad??

Don't know about that one but older VWs needed to be burped to get all
the air out of the system.

Should be YouTube vids on it.

E36 expansion tank leak Tony[_17_] BMW 2 December 8th 09 10:37 AM
63 early expansion tank cap question lib Corvette 4 May 11th 07 03:28 PM
Slow leak cooling system (radiator - water pump - expansion tank) Jetta bo_ku VW water cooled 3 January 13th 07 01:39 AM
Explorer turn signal blinking fast, but bulb has been replaced [email protected] Ford Explorer 6 June 22nd 06 04:33 PM
Blinking Temp & Coolant lights. 99 SL1 reex01 Saturn 8 March 6th 05 11:44 AM