Good news and bad news

Old February 21st 09, 06:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Paddy's Pig[_2_] Paddy's Pig[_2_] is offline
Banned

Default Good news and bad news

Tomorrow - Saturday - should be a good day for shooting car pics. No
special shows going on but the weather has finally cleared up so maybe some
good shots will be available.

Donut Derelicts is a possibility (as always).

Then there's Cars & Coffee down in Irvine (as always).

And if that weren't enough we've been invited to a special closed
"California Curuisin' Members Only" party that might have some photographic
opps.

FLY N THE OINTMENT: Ol' Judi came down with a fainting spell this
afternoon. I dragged her down to the local emergency room where after 5
hours she was pronounced fit to go home but "Take it easy". Diagnosis:
Vertigo. Cause: Undetermined. Course of treatment: "Take one of these
pills every 6 hours. Be careful. Move like a robot. No sudden movements.
Do not drink alcohol. Do not stress yourself - etc.".

Uhhh. Looks like we may not make it to the fancy party.

But maybe I can sneak out of here in the early AM to shoot something. (I
ain't feelin' all that redhot myself, truth be known.)

We'll see.
--
Pat Durkin

email: t o b a c c o h a t e r 1 @ y a h o o . c o m

Old February 21st 09, 07:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 21:36:43 -0800, "Paddy's Pig"
> wrote:

>Tomorrow - Saturday - should be a good day for shooting car pics. No
>special shows going on but the weather has finally cleared up so maybe some
>good shots will be available.
>
>Donut Derelicts is a possibility (as always).
>
>Then there's Cars & Coffee down in Irvine (as always).
>
>And if that weren't enough we've been invited to a special closed
>"California Curuisin' Members Only" party that might have some photographic
>opps.
>
>FLY N THE OINTMENT: Ol' Judi came down with a fainting spell this
>afternoon. I dragged her down to the local emergency room where after 5
>hours she was pronounced fit to go home but "Take it easy". Diagnosis:
>Vertigo. Cause: Undetermined. Course of treatment: "Take one of these
>pills every 6 hours. Be careful. Move like a robot. No sudden movements.
>Do not drink alcohol. Do not stress yourself - etc.".
>
>Uhhh. Looks like we may not make it to the fancy party.
>
>But maybe I can sneak out of here in the early AM to shoot something. (I
>ain't feelin' all that redhot myself, truth be known.)
>
>We'll see.

I hope all turns out well, Pat.

Darrell
Old February 21st 09, 09:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Max Magister

Take it easy, Pat, and take care of your health and Judi's first. The cars
will be there another day. Don't overdo it.

max

Old February 21st 09, 02:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Roadsign[_5_]

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 21:36:43 -0800, "Paddy's Pig"
> wrote:

>Tomorrow - Saturday - should be a good day for shooting car pics. No
>special shows going on but the weather has finally cleared up so maybe some
>good shots will be available.
>
>Donut Derelicts is a possibility (as always).
>
>Then there's Cars & Coffee down in Irvine (as always).
>
>And if that weren't enough we've been invited to a special closed
>"California Curuisin' Members Only" party that might have some photographic
>opps.
>
>FLY N THE OINTMENT: Ol' Judi came down with a fainting spell this
>afternoon. I dragged her down to the local emergency room where after 5
>hours she was pronounced fit to go home but "Take it easy". Diagnosis:
>Vertigo. Cause: Undetermined. Course of treatment: "Take one of these
>pills every 6 hours. Be careful. Move like a robot. No sudden movements.
>Do not drink alcohol. Do not stress yourself - etc.".
>
>Uhhh. Looks like we may not make it to the fancy party.
>
>But maybe I can sneak out of here in the early AM to shoot something. (I
>ain't feelin' all that redhot myself, truth be known.)
>
>We'll see.

Above all make sure you and Judi are OK. Those cars will be there
another time. I'm sure we would all love to see the pics you may
shoot, but we want you and the Mrs. to be well first!

Hang in there Pat,

Tony
Old February 22nd 09, 02:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Frank ess

Roadsign wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 21:36:43 -0800, "Paddy's Pig"
> > wrote:
>
>> Tomorrow - Saturday - should be a good day for shooting car pics.
>> No special shows going on but the weather has finally cleared up
>> so maybe some good shots will be available.
>>
>> Donut Derelicts is a possibility (as always).
>>
>> Then there's Cars & Coffee down in Irvine (as always).
>>
>> And if that weren't enough we've been invited to a special closed
>> "California Curuisin' Members Only" party that might have some
>> photographic opps.
>>
>> FLY N THE OINTMENT: Ol' Judi came down with a fainting spell this
>> afternoon. I dragged her down to the local emergency room where
>> after 5 hours she was pronounced fit to go home but "Take it
>> easy". Diagnosis: Vertigo. Cause: Undetermined. Course of
>> treatment: "Take one of these pills every 6 hours. Be careful.
>> Move like a robot. No sudden movements. Do not drink alcohol. Do
>> not stress yourself - etc.".
>>
>> Uhhh. Looks like we may not make it to the fancy party.
>>
>> But maybe I can sneak out of here in the early AM to shoot
>> something. (I ain't feelin' all that redhot myself, truth be
>> known.)
>>
>> We'll see.

> Above all make sure you and Judi are OK. Those cars will be there
> another time. I'm sure we would all love to see the pics you may
> shoot, but we want you and the Mrs. to be well first!
>
> Hang in there Pat,
>
> Tony

It's right, what Tony and all have said. No hurry, no worry,
carphoto-wise.

Now, about vertigo: my doctor actually said, "Bad news: you got it;
Good news: don't worry about a lengthy recovery, since there isn't a
cure".

The newest versions of Dramamine-like preparations seem to work good
when the effects get intense enough to interfere with life as we know
(knew) it.

--
Frank ess

Old February 22nd 09, 04:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos

"Frank ess" > wrote in message

>> Hang in there Pat,
>>
>> Tony

> It's right, what Tony and all have said. No hurry, no worry,
> carphoto-wise.
>
> Now, about vertigo: my doctor actually said, "Bad news: you got it; Good
> news: don't worry about a lengthy recovery, since there isn't a cure".
>
> The newest versions of Dramamine-like preparations seem to work good when
> the effects get intense enough to interfere with life as we know (knew)
> it.

She's gonna be thrilled to death when I tell her that.

Is the stuff you take called Antivert (meclizine 25 MG) Frank? Can it make
you drowsy and are there warnings on the bottle not to drive a car or
operate machinery until you know the effects of the medication?

She can't get her ass in gear since she started taking it the other day, but
she's feeling a bit better when she's awake.

She's never had this before so it came as a shock. The ER guy said it was a
relatively mild case but it was bad enough. She was nauseated from the
effect of the room spinning.

Old February 22nd 09, 04:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos

"Paddy's Pig" > wrote in message
> Tomorrow - Saturday - should be a good day for shooting car pics. No
> special shows going on but the weather has finally cleared up so maybe
> some good shots will be available.
>
> Donut Derelicts is a possibility (as always).
>
> Then there's Cars & Coffee down in Irvine (as always).
>
> And if that weren't enough we've been invited to a special closed
> "California Curuisin' Members Only" party that might have some
> photographic opps.

Turns out I was wrong about the California Cruisin' Members Only event.
That starts at 2:00 PM today - not yesterday. She's feeling better so we
may head down to that thing. I dunno how good or bad that'll be --- never
been to one before. I'll keep my fingers crossed. There's supposed to be
about 140 people there so maybe it won't be too awful crowded to get shots.
If it gets real bad I'll give up on the photography and enjoy the BBQ
instead. )

Old February 22nd 09, 06:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Frank ess

Paddy's Pig wrote:
> "Frank ess" > wrote in message
>
>>> Hang in there Pat,
>>>
>>> Tony

>> It's right, what Tony and all have said. No hurry, no worry,
>> carphoto-wise.
>>
>> Now, about vertigo: my doctor actually said, "Bad news: you got
>> it; Good news: don't worry about a lengthy recovery, since there
>> isn't a cure". The newest versions of Dramamine-like preparations
>> seem to work
>> good when the effects get intense enough to interfere with life as
>> we know (knew) it.

> She's gonna be thrilled to death when I tell her that.
>
> Is the stuff you take called Antivert (meclizine 25 MG) Frank? Can
> it make you drowsy and are there warnings on the bottle not to
> drive a car or operate machinery until you know the effects of the
> medication?
> She can't get her ass in gear since she started taking it the other
> day, but she's feeling a bit better when she's awake.
>
> She's never had this before so it came as a shock. The ER guy said
> it was a relatively mild case but it was bad enough. She was
> nauseated from the effect of the room spinning.

Antivert may be one of those things; mine came off the shelf at
Long's, where it was ensconced next to Dramamine.

My vertigo comes and goes, and seems to be a good deal milder than
your wife's. I pretty much stay stationary when it comes, except when
I am going to work under a car. That seems to set it off, and if I
don't medicate the waves of nausea begin at about ten minutes and
don't subside until I've been vertical for half an hour or so. If I
take the meds 30 minutes prior to crawling under there, it stifles the
nausea to the point I don't have to upchuck in the sink between
episodes of wrenching, or whatever.

Inconvenient at best, debilitating at worst. I also have tinnitus;
both are "inner ear" phenomena, and probably related, I guess. (What?)
(Urp)

It's hell, getting old (72 last Thursday); beats hell out of the
alternative, though.

Wishing there were something more cheerful to share.

--
Frank ess

Old February 22nd 09, 10:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Zinc[_2_]

On 22-Feb-2009, "Frank ess" > wrote:

> Paddy's Pig wrote:

> >> It's right, what Tony and all have said. No hurry, no worry,
> >> carphoto-wise.
> >>
> >> Now, about vertigo: my doctor actually said, "Bad news: you got
> >> it; Good news: don't worry about a lengthy recovery, since there
> >> isn't a cure". The newest versions of Dramamine-like preparations
> >> seem to work
> >> good when the effects get intense enough to interfere with life as
> >> we know (knew) it.

> > She's gonna be thrilled to death when I tell her that.
> >
> > Is the stuff you take called Antivert (meclizine 25 MG) Frank? Can
> > it make you drowsy and are there warnings on the bottle not to
> > drive a car or operate machinery until you know the effects of the
> > medication?
> > She can't get her ass in gear since she started taking it the other
> > day, but she's feeling a bit better when she's awake.
> >
> > She's never had this before so it came as a shock. The ER guy said
> > it was a relatively mild case but it was bad enough. She was
> > nauseated from the effect of the room spinning.

> Antivert may be one of those things; mine came off the shelf at
> Long's, where it was ensconced next to Dramamine.
>
> My vertigo comes and goes, and seems to be a good deal milder than
> your wife's. I pretty much stay stationary when it comes, except when
> I am going to work under a car. That seems to set it off, and if I
> don't medicate the waves of nausea begin at about ten minutes and
> don't subside until I've been vertical for half an hour or so. If I
> take the meds 30 minutes prior to crawling under there, it stifles the
> nausea to the point I don't have to upchuck in the sink between
> episodes of wrenching, or whatever.
>
> Inconvenient at best, debilitating at worst. I also have tinnitus;
> both are "inner ear" phenomena, and probably related, I guess. (What?)
> (Urp)
>
> It's hell, getting old (72 last Thursday); beats hell out of the
> alternative, though.
>
> Wishing there were something more cheerful to share.

A belated happy birthday, Frank.

My wife had vertigo for the first time a couple years ago and it was no fun.
I stayed home from work to watch her for a few days during the worst of it,
but it lasted about three months. I feel sorry for you and Pat's wife, and
angry that the medical profession offers little help.

--
Z~
Old February 22nd 09, 10:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
John Bradley

Do we have a winner? A new oxymoron?
"medical profession". Once upon a time maybe, now it's just another welfare
(in one form or another)-based transactional industry. One which is based on
getting new Paying Customers for new (see our ad on tv ad nauseum) ailments.
Like Elvis, "professionalism" has left the building.

Sometimes certain motion sickness symptoms can be alleviated by using the
under-wrist pressure point - for some people. There are wristband-with-balls
for this application. I just use the right thumb on left wrist. But I'm also
not driving the copter, either. Anything that's helps works.

Good luck to all of yez.
john

"Zinc" > wrote in message
news

> On 22-Feb-2009, "Frank ess" > wrote:
>
>> Paddy's Pig wrote:

>> > She's gonna be thrilled to death when I tell her that.
>> >
>> > Is the stuff you take called Antivert (meclizine 25 MG) Frank? Can
>> > it make you drowsy and are there warnings on the bottle not to
>> > drive a car or operate machinery until you know the effects of the
>> > medication?
>> > She can't get her ass in gear since she started taking it the other
>> > day, but she's feeling a bit better when she's awake.
>> >
>> > She's never had this before so it came as a shock. The ER guy said
>> > it was a relatively mild case but it was bad enough. She was
>> > nauseated from the effect of the room spinning.

>> Antivert may be one of those things; mine came off the shelf at
>> Long's, where it was ensconced next to Dramamine.
>>
>> My vertigo comes and goes, and seems to be a good deal milder than
>> your wife's. I pretty much stay stationary when it comes, except when
>> I am going to work under a car. That seems to set it off, and if I
>> don't medicate the waves of nausea begin at about ten minutes and
>> don't subside until I've been vertical for half an hour or so. If I
>> take the meds 30 minutes prior to crawling under there, it stifles the
>> nausea to the point I don't have to upchuck in the sink between
>> episodes of wrenching, or whatever.
>>
>> Inconvenient at best, debilitating at worst. I also have tinnitus;
>> both are "inner ear" phenomena, and probably related, I guess. (What?)
>> (Urp)
>>
>> It's hell, getting old (72 last Thursday); beats hell out of the
>> alternative, though.
>>
>> Wishing there were something more cheerful to share.

> A belated happy birthday, Frank.
>
> My wife had vertigo for the first time a couple years ago and it was no
> fun.
> I stayed home from work to watch her for a few days during the worst of
> it,
> but it lasted about three months. I feel sorry for you and Pat's wife, and
> angry that the medical profession offers little help.
>
> --
> Z~

Good News / Bad News Battery and CD Platyer aRKay[_2_] Corvette 0 November 5th 08 11:32 PM
Good News / Bad News Battery and CD Platyer aRKay[_2_] Corvette 0 November 5th 08 09:29 PM
Good News Miata02-Yellow Mazda 4 November 9th 05 11:22 PM
good news!!! Tomasz Antkowiak VW air cooled 6 December 8th 04 12:18 AM