96 Grand Cherokee Display and Window Power failure

Old April 19th 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default 96 Grand Cherokee Display and Window Power failure

Recently started 96 G Cherokee and all functions are normal for first
5-10 seconds. Power is then lost to Power Windows and Console-Tach-
Speedometer-Odometer-lights. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Old April 19th 07, 11:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW

marktwalker wrote:
> Recently started 96 G Cherokee and all functions are normal for first
> 5-10 seconds. Power is then lost to Power Windows and Console-Tach-
> Speedometer-Odometer-lights. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Your 96 isn't going to be very close to my 93, but I'd start by
checking the dash dimmer switch. move it full on where the courtesy
lights come on. If that fixes it, then the dimming module is having
problems. Going upstream you find the Ultralight Sentinel (auto lamp
module) Try turning the headlight to on instead of auto)

I don't have anything that ties the windows into the dash lights.
Except maby the grounding system, and I have no idea where that
is on your model.

--
DougW

2001 Dodge Grand Caravan power window failure [email protected] Dodge 2 March 26th 07 10:50 AM
Power Window/ 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee James[_1_] Jeep 7 October 5th 06 03:22 AM
93 Grand Cherokee Power Window D Jeep 11 July 13th 06 11:04 PM
Grand Cherokee rollover transmission failure [email protected] Jeep 6 December 31st 05 06:37 PM
Grand Cherokee rollover transmission failure [email protected] Technology 4 December 30th 05 05:35 PM