'00 Cherokee Power Window Problem

Old May 29th 05, 01:32 PM
joe blow

Default '00 Cherokee Power Window Problem

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help. The other day I noticed that the passenger and
rear windows
could only be operated from the driver master power window switch. Pushing
in and out the
power window lock out button has no effect. Anyone have any experience with
this?

Thanks in advance for responding!

Old May 29th 05, 02:24 PM
Stephen Cowell

"joe blow" > wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Hopefully someone can help. The other day I noticed that the passenger

and
> rear windows
> could only be operated from the driver master power window switch.

Pushing
> in and out the
> power window lock out button has no effect. Anyone have any experience

with
> this?

There is a window lock button... if it's in, then
the condition is as you describe. Have you
played with it yet? It's pretty easy to accidently
bump, don't ask me how I know!
__
Steve
..

Old May 29th 05, 04:37 PM
Stephen Cowell

"Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message

> "joe blow" > wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Hopefully someone can help. The other day I noticed that the passenger

> and
> > rear windows
> > could only be operated from the driver master power window switch.

> Pushing
> > in and out the
> > power window lock out button has no effect. Anyone have any experience

> with
> > this?

> There is a window lock button... if it's in, then
> the condition is as you describe. Have you
> played with it yet? It's pretty easy to accidently
> bump, don't ask me how I know!

Der... read a little farther, Steve! I've had problems
with this button... pop it in and out a few times and
see if this helps!
__
Steve
..

Old May 29th 05, 06:03 PM
DougW

joe blow did pass the time by typing:
> Hi All,
>
> Hopefully someone can help. The other day I noticed that the passenger and
> rear windows
> could only be operated from the driver master power window switch. Pushing
> in and out the
> power window lock out button has no effect. Anyone have any experience with
> this?
>
> Thanks in advance for responding!

Wire harness on the lockout switch has probably come loose.
That was fairly common on the 1993-6 ZJ and may also be your
problem.

--
DougW

Old May 30th 05, 01:14 PM
mic canic

there is a yellow wire on the passs side front door and you need to check for
power
with a test lite. it will go on and off with the switch on the drivers door
if the switch is good

joe blow wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Hopefully someone can help. The other day I noticed that the passenger and
> rear windows
> could only be operated from the driver master power window switch. Pushing
> in and out the
> power window lock out button has no effect. Anyone have any experience with
> this?
>
> Thanks in advance for responding!

rec.autos.makers.chrysler FAQ, Part 1/6 Dr. David Zatz Chrysler 6 December 7th 06 04:55 PM
rec.autos.makers.chrysler FAQ, Part 1/6 Dr. David Zatz Chrysler 5 May 8th 05 05:29 AM
rec.autos.makers.chrysler FAQ, Part 4/6 Dr. David Zatz Chrysler 0 April 22nd 05 05:32 AM
Chrysler power window problem Ed Dodge 4 April 17th 05 07:36 AM
rec.autos.makers.chrysler FAQ, Part 1/6 Dr. David Zatz Chrysler 7 February 1st 05 01:43 PM