Kia cylinder numbering system

Old January 19th 12, 12:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tegger[_3_]

Default Kia cylinder numbering system

Reed > wrote in news:HJqdnYvHc-
:

> Cylinder #2 Misfire Detected
> What does that mean?
>
> A P0302 code means that the the car's computer has detected that one
> of the engine's cylinders is not firing properly.

That's an inaccurate description. "Misfire" means that that cylinder isn't
shoving the crankshaft around with the same force as the other cylinders.
The ECM interprets and reports that mismatch as a "misfire".

The problem here is the term "misfire", which peple tend to associate with
things like spark plugs and firearms. But in the OBD-II environment,
"misfire" has the very different definition I gave above.

--
Tegger
Old January 19th 12, 03:29 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
gpsman

Old April 18th 20, 12:04 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

This is true.

Cylinder numbering /can't see TDC mark on the flywheel [email protected] VW water cooled 3 July 3rd 07 07:16 PM
1997 Dodge 3.5L Cylinder Numbering [email protected] Dodge 2 December 1st 06 09:07 PM
Cylinder bank numbering Dean Dark BMW 40 July 19th 06 07:16 PM
help abs brake pump why would brake fluid come out of the master cylinder when ( top ) when brakes are applied when rotters are hot master cylinder has been changed system has been bled 2nd help should pump motor make a sound when ke envirokid Ford Explorer 0 April 8th 05 09:10 PM