2001 corvette, some modifications. Does this take away or add to the car

Old March 9th 06, 06:10 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default 2001 corvette, some modifications. Does this take away or add to the car

>re-sale

Not mentioned in your post, but of more than passing consequence:

How many miles on the car? More specifically, how many of those miles are
measured in quarters? The 3.90 rear end with hardened shaft is a tip off I
think even if it didn't have the long tube headers.

oups.com...

Old March 10th 06, 12:59 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

lab~rat >:-) wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 21:15:58 -0600, Bob I > puked:
>
>> Humm, I would tend wonder how many short trips it made?

> You have a point, but those mods look more like driver upgrades than
> serious racing changes. Still, the car could have been abused on the
> street...

Like an ad in yesterdays paper: 2003 .... 43,000 miles ....still under
factory warranty, always garaged, hardly driven ...

--
PJ
2-ton low profile floor jack with internal hydraulic leak

Old March 10th 06, 12:59 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Old March 11th 06, 09:54 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Also, was the speedo recalibrated for the rear end change? If not or if
not right away, then the mileage indicated isn't really the mileage on
the car.

With 3.90 gears, it won't be as good on the freeway as with stock gears,
but it will accelerate like a bat out of #$!!. Who setup the gears? If
that's not done right, then they will have a short life and get real
noisy. Gas mileage will suffer for sure.

The headers can be either great or horrible... The TPIS headers have
thick laser cut flanges so those maybe good about not blowing gaskets. I
have had headers that never needed anything once installed and others
that constantly needed something tightened or some gasket replaced.
These headers did need some welding to fit them to the factory cats so
I'm not sure how much work it would be to go back to stock if the
headers turned out to be problematic.

As far as was if it was raced... If it was raced a little I personally
don't think that is all that bad... Provided the person that was racing
it knew the difference between racing and raping the car! Many would be
high performance drivers don't get that difference.

One thing you haven't said is what you intend to do with the car. Are
you into the high performance side or are you looking for a cruiser?
This car sounds to me like a weekend sports car and not so much an
everyday driver (although I must admit that I have owned cars far more
modified than that and drove them almost everyday to work), it all
depends on what you're looking for.

Just a few comments.... and some thoughts....

Dennis