Head unit for Y2K Passat with Monsoon?

Old February 4th 05, 07:27 PM
Jeff McLean

Default Head unit for Y2K Passat with Monsoon?

As an earlier post might have suggested, my CD player has stopped
accepting CDs. Very strange. CD player will only select "changer" (there
isn't one) and ejects the CDs. This is on my 2000 Passat with the Monsoon
sound system. Double DIN, if I have the terminology right: I've got one
unit that is the receiver/cassette deck, and another that is the single CD
player in the dash. It appears that the in-dash CD player only is not
longer available: forcing me to get a whole new reciever head unit with
CD player built in. Are there suggestions out there for one that looks
good and fits? I'd like one with an aux in (for the ipod) and that can
also play MP3 disks. And that will conform with the Monsoon amp and
speakers. Thanks for the tips! Jeff