95 LHS

Old May 16th 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default 95 LHS

My girls car is trippin and the check engine light came on so I did
diagnostic code check and the code I came up with is 12 which is the start of
codes and the 54 which I dont know what it is, then 55 which is the end of
the codes.. My question is What code is 54?? everytime the CEL comes on the
car cuts-off!!!!!!
Old May 16th 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Rome97neon wrote:
> My girls car is trippin and the check engine light came on so I did
> diagnostic code check and the code I came up with is 12 which is the start of
> codes and the 54 which I dont know what it is, then 55 which is the end of
> the codes.. My question is What code is 54?? everytime the CEL comes on the
> car cuts-off!!!!!!

No camshaft signal during engine cranking.

Ken

Old May 17th 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Ken Weitzel wrote:
>> My girls car is trippin and the check engine light came on so I did
>> diagnostic code check and the code I came up with is 12 which is the start of
>> codes and the 54 which I dont know what it is, then 55 which is the end of
>> the codes.. My question is What code is 54?? everytime the CEL comes on the
>> car cuts-off!!!!!!

>No camshaft signal during engine cranking.
>
>Ken

Ok so what do I need todo to fix that? Change the cam sensor or is that the
PCM that causes that??

Old May 17th 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Old May 17th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Rome97neon via CarKB.com wrote:
> Ken Weitzel wrote:
>
>>>My girls car is trippin and the check engine light came on so I did
>>>diagnostic code check and the code I came up with is 12 which is the start of
>>>codes and the 54 which I dont know what it is, then 55 which is the end of
>>>the codes.. My question is What code is 54?? everytime the CEL comes on the
>>>car cuts-off!!!!!!

>>No camshaft signal during engine cranking.
>>
>>Ken

> Ok so what do I need todo to fix that? Change the cam sensor or is that the
> PCM that causes that??

Hi...

Ooops, not a mechanic, just told you what the code was.
Hopefully the mechanics here will tell you what to do next

However, if you want to, I think it's safe for you to make sure
the connection is good... perhaps unplug it and plug it in again
a time or two. Don't remove it from the engine.

If she has the 3.5 engine you can find it real easy. Standing
in front of the car, look at the thermostat housing. About 3 or
4 inches to the right of that there's a device that "sticks into"
the (driver's side) cam housing.

Take care.

Ken