What is "vso_dat:" It's been running on my computer for hours and __

Old December 24th 09, 04:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.pictures.vehicles,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
doby

Default What is "vso_dat:" It's been running on my computer for hours and __

My computer is picking up and messing up my email and postings. It is running
very slow because of this. I'm getting scrambled photos and stuff I don't know
where it came from. I sent a holiday card to the NG and it won't open up in my
computer as a jpg. I took the photos this afternoon and all was okay in my
folder as jpg but not showing up on the NG.

I'm not even sure if this text message will get there

Doby
Old December 24th 09, 04:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.pictures.vehicles,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Jonno

Hi Doby,
Are you using McAfee because it is usually a scan dat associated with that
program.

Jonno

Old December 29th 09, 08:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.pictures.vehicles,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
JK

google it: it sdeems it is a mcafee data file so you are likely infected
with the malwre or virus it refers to which is reportedly not very nice