99'T&C no cruise and airbag light stays on

Old June 28th 05, 02:02 PM
Frank Boettcher

Default 99'T&C no cruise and airbag light stays on

On my 1999 T & C 3.8L the cruise control stopped working, (the cruise
control on/off switch will not get a cruise on indication on the dash
panel) within a few hours of that happening, the airbag light came on
and stayed on.

Brakes light switch seems to be working, and I am getting no
diagnostic code indication when I go through the cycle to get the
blinking light indication.

No fuses seem to be bad.

Any theories? Could the two be related? Would it be worth it to pull
the steering wheel air bag module and look for something electrical
wrong inside? My all but useless Haynes manual is especially useless
in the area of Airbag diagnostics.

Thanks in advance.

Frank
Old June 28th 05, 03:22 PM

Sounds like a classic case of a bad clock spring. The clock spring
provides the electrical connections for the column air bag, and the
cruise control switches. I believe there was a recall for this.

-Kirk Matheson

Old June 28th 05, 04:21 PM
TNKEV

"Frank Boettcher" > wrote in message

call your local dealer Frank and give them your VIN number,there is a
recall out for that and your vehicle may apply. that recall if it
applies to you, is a warranty(free) recall for the life of the
vehicle.

Old June 28th 05, 06:12 PM
Frank Boettcher

Thanks, Gentlemen, for the advice. I went to the files and found the
clockspring recall letter. (mine fell into the category, higher
mileage, fix only on failure). I've made an appointment at the dealer
to have it replaced.

Your posts kept me from doing something rash that I would have surely
regretted.

Frank
On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:21:32 -0500, "TNKEV"
> wrote:

.. .