1928 Paige - 1 attachment

Old July 25th 08, 10:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Charles J. Sullivan

Default 1928 Paige - 1 attachment

Would any one have any further information on theis car?

--
Charles J. Sullivan
Transportation Photography

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RB1-422 copy.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	147366
Old July 26th 08, 09:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
HEMI-Powered[_3_]

Charles J. Sullivan added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

> Would any one have any further information on theis car?

Charles, I don't know how serious you are about getting IDs on some of
these interesting-but-obscure cars but perhaps it'd be a good idea to
invest in The Standard Catalog of American Cars 1805 (not a typo) - 1942.
There's 2 more editions to cover the post-war years. Short of that,
Googling often is quite productive.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"If it waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck"

Old July 26th 08, 10:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Charles J. Sullivan

"HEMI-Powered" > wrote in
:

> Charles J. Sullivan added these comments in the current discussion du
> jour ...
>
>> Would any one have any further information on theis car?
>>

> Charles, I don't know how serious you are about getting IDs on some of
> these interesting-but-obscure cars but perhaps it'd be a good idea to
> invest in The Standard Catalog of American Cars 1805 (not a typo) -
> 1942. There's 2 more editions to cover the post-war years. Short of
> that, Googling often is quite productive.

Cars are not my main interest. Trucks and Fire Apparatus are, along with
maritime subjects. Of over 100,000 photos in the last 20 years, probably
only about 1000 cars. When I photograph cars it is usually at a show where
things are identified. Sometimes I will photograph something along the
road or some one will send me some photos, which is the last batch of
requests. There seems to be quite a few knowledgable folks on this list
that seem to be willing to help. However if I am abusing this resource, I
will stop, just let me know.

Old July 27th 08, 01:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
HEMI-Powered[_2_]

Charles J. Sullivan added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

>>> Would any one have any further information on theis car?

>> Charles, I don't know how serious you are about getting IDs on some
>> of these interesting-but-obscure cars but perhaps it'd be a good
>> idea to invest in The Standard Catalog of American Cars 1805 (not a
>> typo) - 1942. There's 2 more editions to cover the post-war years.
>> Short of that, Googling often is quite productive.

> Cars are not my main interest. Trucks and Fire Apparatus are, along
> with maritime subjects. Of over 100,000 photos in the last 20
> years, probably only about 1000 cars. When I photograph cars it is
> usually at a show where things are identified. Sometimes I will
> photograph something along the road or some one will send me some
> photos, which is the last batch of requests. There seems to be
> quite a few knowledgable folks on this list that seem to be willing
> to help. However if I am abusing this resource, I will stop, just
> let me know.

never hurts to ask. good luck in your endeavors.

Old July 28th 08, 05:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
doby

Default Charles Sullivan 1928 Paige - 1 attachment

At my age, not buying any more books on cars. I like to share info from those
that I do have and especially orphan cars. I have about 27 or some books
collected over the years plus a couple thousand photos taken at auctions and car
shows. Don't know what will happen to them when the old ticker bites the dust.
But then I won't be able to worry about them so it'll be up to my niece and
nephew to dispose of them. If they send the with me, they will be incinerated.
I hear it pretty hot with fire and brimstone there. lol