Need some Agent help

Old October 26th 07, 11:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
doby

Default Need some Agent help

I've been trying for several days to get PowerPost to post photos. I get a
reject every time. Today, I used the PP program just like I have it set for
Agent but sent the file to alt.test. It went through perfectly. Now it is
something I have set incorrectly in the Agent options that is stopping me.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to where the most probable place that I have
missed looking/changing ? Any help will be appreciated. I will never be able
to post any quantity of photos one at a time.

Doby
Old October 27th 07, 01:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
guest

Doby > wrote
> I've been trying for several days to get PowerPost to post photos. I
> get a reject every time. Today, I used the PP program just like I
> have it set for Agent but sent the file to alt.test. It went through
> perfectly. Now it is something I have set incorrectly in the Agent
> options that is stopping me. Does anyone have any suggestions as to
> where the most probable place that I have missed looking/changing ?
> Any help will be appreciated. I will never be able to post any
> quantity of photos one at a time.

Under Folder - Properties - Posting Messages
I have everything set to default.

Under Folder - Properties - News Access Plan
I have Enable newsgroup retrieval and posting checked.

You have to specify Host Name (news service) Account Name and password.

Ron
Old October 27th 07, 03:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
doby

Thanks Ron, I have those okay (default) but what do you have in the other Name &
Scheme properties. I have mine set as based on binaries. Several choices from
None to 4 of 5 others.

Doby

Old October 27th 07, 04:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
guest

Doby > wrote
> Thanks Ron, I have those okay (default) but what do you have in the
> other Name & Scheme properties. I have mine set as based on binaries.
> Several choices from None to 4 or 5 others.

Under what menu is "Name and Scheme" properties?

I guess "Folder -> Properties".

I only have Free Agent 3.3, which has Folder -> Properties -> Name and
Type. Then a newsgroup is identified by name and type, where type can be
newsgroup (the one it is set to), mail, trash, outbox, etc.

It may be that "binaries" stands for newsgroups that are implemented
using binary implementation instead of text implementation, which is what
USENET newsgroup are.

These newsreaders take a computer file that has its information stored in
binary form and translates it into a text file so it can be posted on a
text newsgroup such as alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows. (That
essentially means taking a data that is stored using 8-bits and
converting it into data that uses 7-bits.)

The USENET newsgroups were originally designed for text messages to allow
people to debate and abuse, then it became a means to...

Try something like newsgroup or text.

Ron
Old October 27th 07, 04:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
guest

Doby > wrote
> Thanks Ron, I have those okay (default) but what do you have in the
> other Name & Scheme properties. I have mine set as based on binaries.
> Several choices from None to 4 or 5 others.

Perhaps "None" because you are saying not to use are special scheme.

Ron