Leroy's mystery car; solved! [1/1]

Old August 12th 08, 07:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Leroy Curtis

Default Leroy's mystery car; solved! [1/1]

Here's a reminder of the car

Here's the reply I received from a very helpful guy at the Speedway Hall
of Fame Museum:

"1917 Pathfinder made in Richmond Indiana, Company made cars for 2 years
1916-1917, possibly only 2 cars left in world, this one and a 1916 2
seater in Washington state. The complete top is streamlined by going
completly inside the body panel. That is a motometer, the car is
actually pale yellow. Hope this helped you out."

Well. I'd never have got that in a million years. With the hundreds of
small manufacturers that sprang up in America in the first three decades
of the 20th century, made a few cars and the sank, it would have been
like looking for a needle in a haystack.
--
Regards

Leroy Curtis

Please replace "nospam" with "baram" in my address if you wish to
reply by Email

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Josie George in mystery car.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	301.5 KB
ID:	148911
Old August 12th 08, 10:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
André Ritzinger André Ritzinger is offline
Banned

Interesting. According to the "Standard Catalog of American Cars"
Pathfinder made cars from 1912 till 1917. In the last two years they
were fitted with 12 cylinder engines by Weidely; I guess this is one
of those 12 cylinder models.

André.

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 19:20:24 +0100, Leroy Curtis

Old August 12th 08, 10:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Ron

Leroy Curtis > wrote in
:

> Here's a reminder of the car
>
> Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
> --=_Turnpike_SfH2eEHnRdoINy7D=
>

> Attachment decoded: Josie George in mystery car.jpg
> --=_Turnpike_SfH2eEHnRdoINy7D=
>
> Here's the reply I received from a very helpful guy at the Speedway

Hall
> of Fame Museum:
>
> "1917 Pathfinder made in Richmond Indiana, Company made cars for 2

years
> 1916-1917, possibly only 2 cars left in world, this one and a 1916 2
> seater in Washington state. The complete top is streamlined by going
> completly inside the body panel. That is a motometer, the car is
> actually pale yellow. Hope this helped you out."
>
> Well. I'd never have got that in a million years. With the hundreds of
> small manufacturers that sprang up in America in the first three

decades
> of the 20th century, made a few cars and the sank, it would have been
> like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Well done Leroy,

No wonder it was so hard to find :-)

Cheers,
Ron
Old August 17th 08, 06:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Max Magister

Congratulations, Leroy. I think it's great fun to do detective work and
finally identify a rare brand or model but I think you've outdone yourself
on this one. Not only is it rarer than rare but it's even a good looking
vehicle.

max

Old August 17th 08, 11:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Leroy Curtis

In article om>, Max
Magister > writes

>"Leroy Curtis" > wrote in message

>> Here's a reminder of the car
>>
>> Here's the reply I received from a very helpful guy at the Speedway Hall
>> of Fame Museum:
>>
>> "1917 Pathfinder made in Richmond Indiana, Company made cars for 2 years
>> 1916-1917, possibly only 2 cars left in world, this one and a 1916 2
>> seater in Washington state. The complete top is streamlined by going
>> completly inside the body panel. That is a motometer, the car is
>> actually pale yellow. Hope this helped you out."
>>
>> Well. I'd never have got that in a million years. With the hundreds of
>> small manufacturers that sprang up in America in the first three decades
>> of the 20th century, made a few cars and the sank, it would have been
>> like looking for a needle in a haystack.

>Congratulations, Leroy. I think it's great fun to do detective work and
>finally identify a rare brand or model but I think you've outdone yourself
>on this one. Not only is it rarer than rare but it's even a good looking
>vehicle.
>> --

It became a real mission to find out what this was. I hate to be beaten
where stuff like this is concerned.
--
Regards

Leroy Curtis

Please replace "nospam" with "baram" in my address if you wish to
reply by Email

Leroy's mystery car; solved! [1/1] Leroy Curtis Auto Photos 6 August 17th 08 11:58 PM
TPMS Mystery Solved! alfred[_3_] Honda 9 February 2nd 08 11:41 AM
Mazda Mystery Bolt Solved Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B Technology 2 September 23rd 07 01:10 AM
roaring noise mystery solved [email protected] Technology 1 October 2nd 06 06:34 PM
neon fan mystery solved Robbie and Laura Reynolds Chrysler 0 November 10th 05 02:20 AM