2008 Goodwood Festival of Speed; 1933 Napier-Railton front 3-qtr.JPG (1/1)

Old August 17th 08, 11:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Leroy Curtis

Default 2008 Goodwood Festival of Speed; 1933 Napier-Railton front 3-qtr.JPG (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1933 Napier-Railton front 3-qtr.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	190.2 KB
ID:	149408
Old August 17th 08, 12:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Zinc[_2_]

Default 2008 Goodwood Festival of Speed; 1933 Napier-Railton front 3-qtr.JPG

These are great, Leroy. I'm enjoying every one of them. Looks like the
weather was decent this year.

--
Z~
Old August 17th 08, 04:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Leroy Curtis

In article >, Zinc
> writes
>These are great, Leroy. I'm enjoying every one of them. Looks like the
>weather was decent this year.

The weather wasn't too bad; a bit overcast some of the time, and warm
rather than hot, but at least it didn't rain, except for a little on the
first day. I'm glad you're enjoying the pictures.
--
Regards

Leroy Curtis

Please replace "nospam" with "baram" in my address if you wish to
reply by Email
Old August 17th 08, 06:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Max Magister

Thanks for sharing, Leroy. You got a chance to see some pretty amazing
cars, the kind we usually only read about. Lucky guy!

Max

Old August 17th 08, 11:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Leroy Curtis

Default 2008 Goodwood Festival of Speed; 1933 Napier-Railton front 3-qtr.JPG (1/1) [1/1]

In article om>, Max
Magister > writes

>"Leroy Curtis" > wrote in message
>
>Thanks for sharing, Leroy. You got a chance to see some pretty amazing
>cars, the kind we usually only read about. Lucky guy!

As ever, it's a pleasure. The Festival of Speed must, I think, be an
event like no other. Nowhere else in the world would you see priceless
historic vehicles from all over Europe and America, driven in many cases
by the people who drove them when they were current, and where you can
get so close to the people and the cars. Drivers this year included,
Derek Bell, Sir Stirling Moss, Lewis Hamilton, Brian Redman, Jack Sears,
Jochen Mass, John Watson, Hurley Haywood, Richard Attwood, Justin Law,
Damon Hill, David Hobbs, Sebastian Bourdais, Bobby Unser, Paul Tracy,
Petter Solberg, Juha Kankkunen, Mikko Hirvonen, Jenson Button, Marc
Gené, Nanni Galli, Arturo Merzario, Eddie Cheever, Johnny Herbert, Win
Percy, Sir John Whitmore, Andy Rouse, Allan McNish, Frank Biela, Rauno
Aaltonen, Bjorn Waldegard, Stig Blomqvist, Russell Brookes, and some
others I've probably missed. Three years ago we bumped into a young man
and an attractive girl walking away from the helicopter landing pad.
"That was Juan-Pablo Montoya and Connie you just brushed against," I
said to my wife. Here's a picture of someone well known to British motor
sport fans I took this year; it's Murray Walker, the former commentator
who's probably better-known than most of the F1 drivers he commented on.

On top of which, the event is superbly organised, and full of
knowledgeable motor sport fans. If you can ever get to UK in June, The
Festival is a must for any car fan.
--
Regards

Leroy Curtis

Please replace "nospam" with "baram" in my address if you wish to
reply by Email

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Murray Walker.JPG