2008 Goodwood Festival of Speed 51 of 56; 1960 Lincoln Continental Mrk V Hardtop Coupe.JPG (1/1)

Old August 25th 08, 12:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Leroy Curtis

Default 2008 Goodwood Festival of Speed 51 of 56; 1960 Lincoln Continental Mrk V Hardtop Coupe.JPG (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1960 Lincoln Continental Mrk V Hardtop Coupe.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	332.4 KB
ID:	150992
Old August 25th 08, 01:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Max Magister

Great set, Leroy! You know, it won't be long before people will look at
cars like this behemoth in the same way as we look at dinosaur skeletons.
It's hard to imagine a country full of vehicles like this but that's what we
had back then. I have to admit, though, that this car was considered huge
even by North American standards back then.

Max

Old August 25th 08, 01:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Leroy Curtis

In article om>, Max
Magister > writes
>Great set, Leroy! You know, it won't be long before people will look at
>cars like this behemoth in the same way as we look at dinosaur skeletons.
>It's hard to imagine a country full of vehicles like this but that's what we
>had back then. I have to admit, though, that this car was considered huge
>even by North American standards back then.

A 29-year old work colleague was looking at a picture yesterday of a
1957 Eldorado Seville I have as my current desktop wallpaper on my work
computer and said, "It's hard to imagine a time when cars were all that
big.." So people already do almost view them as dinosaurs.
--
Regards

Leroy Curtis

Please replace "nospam" with "baram" in my address if you wish to
reply by Email
Old August 25th 08, 03:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Ron

Leroy Curtis > wrote in
:

> In article om>, Max
> Magister > writes
>>Great set, Leroy! You know, it won't be long before people will look
>>at cars like this behemoth in the same way as we look at dinosaur
>>skeletons. It's hard to imagine a country full of vehicles like this
>>but that's what we had back then. I have to admit, though, that this
>>car was considered huge even by North American standards back then.
>>

> A 29-year old work colleague was looking at a picture yesterday of a
> 1957 Eldorado Seville I have as my current desktop wallpaper on my
> work computer and said, "It's hard to imagine a time when cars were
> all that big.." So people already do almost view them as dinosaurs.

Great set of pictures, Leroy

I gues all those buggers with big US iron have had to save all year for the
petrol :-)

Cheers,
Ron
Old August 25th 08, 08:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Leroy Curtis

In article >, Ron
:

>> In article om>, Max
>> Magister > writes
>>>Great set, Leroy! You know, it won't be long before people will look
>>>at cars like this behemoth in the same way as we look at dinosaur
>>>skeletons. It's hard to imagine a country full of vehicles like this
>>>but that's what we had back then. I have to admit, though, that this
>>>car was considered huge even by North American standards back then.
>>>

>> A 29-year old work colleague was looking at a picture yesterday of a
>> 1957 Eldorado Seville I have as my current desktop wallpaper on my
>> work computer and said, "It's hard to imagine a time when cars were
>> all that big.." So people already do almost view them as dinosaurs.

>Great set of pictures, Leroy
>
>I gues all those buggers with big US iron have had to save all year for the
>petrol :-)

Yes, it's no joke when a 500 mile round trip costs you around £250 just
for the petrol.