How Much...

Old May 5th 05, 12:26 AM
Dom

Default How Much...

I'm gonna stick my 156 on the market... How much you reckon I should stick
it up for?

2003 - 03 plate finished in black
14/15 months warranty (aug 2006)
14/15 months AA Roadside assistance cover (aug 2006)
Alfa 156 1.9 JTD 115 bhp Turismo
42,000 miles
Full Cream leather interior including doors and armrest's and Alfa badge on
both front seats
Dark Smoke tinted windows (80% light blocked - 20% light let through)
Professional job - no bubbles!!! looks mint!
Duel climate control
CD Player
Full Electric widows
Air-Con
Full Alfa Service History
ABS, EBD, ASW.
Front fogs
New front brakes and tyres. New tyre on rear offside due to puncture. All
receipts kept.

Looks mint, drives mint, immaculate car

Am I dreaming asking £10995? The black book reckons private sales should be
around 10495 to 11495

If anyone's interested - make me a sensible offer. I live in Manchester in
the UK a, prepared to sell UK wide. Picture available if I can be arsed to
get my digital camera out and if somebody requests one...

--
Thanks,
Andrew Makinson

www.evcomputing.com
http://www.iowcomputers.net/forum/index.php

Old May 5th 05, 11:45 AM
alfistagj

"Dom" > schreef in bericht
> I'm gonna stick my 156 on the market... How much you reckon I should stick
> it up for?
>
> Looks mint, drives mint, immaculate car
>
> Am I dreaming asking £10995? The black book reckons private sales should
> be
> around 10495 to 11495

If it's mint, then why start lower than max??
Start asking a too high price.
It's a attention jerker. People will spot that and really read the details
in stead of comparing your car with all those others out there with similar
asking price.
During negotiation you'll always have to go down in price. That's early
enough.
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

Old May 5th 05, 09:11 PM
MarkK

"Dom" > wrote in message
> Dark Smoke tinted windows (80% light blocked - 20% light let through)
> Professional job - no bubbles!!! looks mint!

Prove me wrong, but I reckon this will knock a couple of £k off its value.
Apart from that I'm with Gert - start high - once you've removed the wierd
stuff...

OTOH there must be plenty of drug dealers in Manchester who'd appreciate a
black Alfa with blacked-out windows :-)

Old May 5th 05, 09:14 PM
Dom

Why would tinted windows knock a couple of grand off??

If the buyer really doesn't like them they can be removed !!!

Old May 5th 05, 10:07 PM
MarkK

"Dom" > wrote in message
> "MarkK" > wrote in message
> > "Dom" > wrote in message
> > > Dark Smoke tinted windows (80% light blocked - 20% light let through)
> > > Professional job - no bubbles!!! looks mint!

> > Prove me wrong, but I reckon this will knock a couple of £k off its

value.
> > Apart from that I'm with Gert - start high - once you've removed the

wierd
> > stuff...
> >
> > OTOH there must be plenty of drug dealers in Manchester who'd appreciate

> > black Alfa with blacked-out windows :-)
> >

> Why would tinted windows knock a couple of grand off??

You're immediately reducing your market to the small proportion of people to
whom this would appeal.

> If the buyer really doesn't like them they can be removed !!!

If it's easy, remove it before selling. If not, you've answered your first
question. Most people would assume it's not easy to remove and simply move
on to the next car. After all, if it's easy, why hasn't the seller done it?

I presume that the front & side windows let more than 75% of light through
and that your 20% figure only applies to the rear...