Front License Mounting Bracket for 2005 C6 Vette

Old January 31st 05, 10:32 PM
clarke & eileen

Default Front License Mounting Bracket for 2005 C6 Vette

Has anyone mounted the front license bracket to a new 2005 C6. Cheesiest
rig-up I have ever seen for a car costing $50K+!! I would like to know if
anyone has put one of these on, and is there any chance the three
"stick-tape" points (about the size of a quarter each) could pull the paint
off of the car. Thanks

Old January 31st 05, 11:24 PM
Dad

"clarke & eileen" > wrote in message
> Has anyone mounted the front license bracket to a new 2005 C6. Cheesiest
> rig-up I have ever seen for a car costing $50K+!! I would like to know if
> anyone has put one of these on, and is there any chance the three
> "stick-tape" points (about the size of a quarter each) could pull the
> paint off of the car. Thanks

No way, haven't had one on the last 3. I do run an historical plate on the
front of the 72 though, back then the designers knew what they were doing. I
was in a dealer last week and he had the bracket on 2 on the show room
floor. Gag me with a spoon!!
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old February 1st 05, 01:25 AM
clarke & eileen

Dad...thanks for the reply. I thought I was crazy...or maybe too fussy!
No-one at Bowling Green even thought to provide screw-holes in the vehicle
for a front plate mount? Kind of hard to believe. You might also be
interested to know that the screws they supplied to affix the plate to the
mount were so long that they would have pushed the mount from the car (if
used). Hope you are enjoying the new Gray Z51.

Old February 1st 05, 02:08 AM
Dad

Actually they did provide for the bracket to be screwed on, the back of the
bumper cover has reinforcing bosses to provide better thread engagement.
Also the instructions have the centerlines for the screws but no screws
shown. Looks like a last minute, poorly planed bracket either way.

Dad

Life is a sexually transmitted condition that is always fatal.

Old February 1st 05, 06:32 AM
BenF802961

I refuse to put my bracket on my C6.
I told my dealer I would not take delivery of car if I saw it attached.