Aston Martin International 2-4 seater sports 1930 fl3q.JPG - 410399 Bytes

Old March 12th 07, 04:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Zinc

Default Aston Martin International 2-4 seater sports 1930 fl3q.JPG - 410399 Bytes

Wonderful series and shots, André. Thanks.

--

Z~

..

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 12th 07, 10:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
André Ritzinger[_2_] André Ritzinger[_2_] is offline
Banned

You're welcome, Zinc. Did you experience any incomplete messages in my
latest post, like Max?

André.

Old March 13th 07, 02:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Zinc

On 12-Mar-2007, André Ritzinger > wrote:

> You're welcome, Zinc. Did you experience any incomplete messages in my
> latest post, like Max?

It's hard to tell with this newsreader (News Rover) because it combines
multis automatically. But I double-checked the images, and in most cases
with missing parts the lower portion of the photo is cropped, but your
signature is on every image.

--

Z~

..

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 13th 07, 09:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
André Ritzinger[_2_] André Ritzinger[_2_] is offline
Banned

Thanks for your reply, Zinc. If there had been any incompletes on your
end some portions of the pictures would have been blacked out (and
NewsRover would have indicated it as well). So I assume all my
pictures got through to your news server, fortunately.

André.

Old March 13th 07, 10:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Zinc

Part of the reason it's hard to tell with News Rover is because when I
select a series to download it inevitably displays an erroneous "missing
part" message. There rarely actually /is/ a missing part to a post but
sometimes it does happen.

--

Z~

On 13-Mar-2007, André Ritzinger > wrote:

> Thanks for your reply, Zinc. If there had been any incompletes on your
> end some portions of the pictures would have been blacked out (and
> NewsRover would have indicated it as well). So I assume all my
> pictures got through to your news server, fortunately.
>
> André.

..

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 13th 07, 10:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Zinc

I just got another missing part error on Max's one-line text post, so it's a
News Rover bug.

Also, I notice your server is accepting Superfeed posts now.

--

Z~

On 13-Mar-2007, "Zinc" > wrote:

> Part of the reason it's hard to tell with News Rover is because when I
> select a series to download it inevitably displays an erroneous "missing
> part" message. There rarely actually /is/ a missing part to a post but
> sometimes it does happen.
>
> --
>
> Z~
>
> On 13-Mar-2007, André Ritzinger > wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your reply, Zinc. If there had been any incompletes on your
> > end some portions of the pictures would have been blacked out (and
> > NewsRover would have indicated it as well). So I assume all my
> > pictures got through to your news server, fortunately.
> >
> > André.

..

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 15th 07, 11:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Verner Johnsen

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 21:38:46 +0100, André Ritzinger
> wrote:

>Thanks for your reply, Zinc. If there had been any incompletes on your
>end some portions of the pictures would have been blacked out (and
>NewsRover would have indicated it as well). So I assume all my
>pictures got through to your news server, fortunately.
>
>André.

Hi André,

All parts are coming through to my news servers as well, but there
still seems to be a problem with the multi part post.

My 'Fortés Agent" combines the multi part the posts, but it cannot
decode it properly.
It shows most of the image, but the bottom part is missing, and there
is a lot of coded message after the uncompleted image.

I cannot say for sure, that this not a 'Agent'-problem, but I don't
have the same problem with multi part posts from posters.

When using Outlook Express, I don't have the same problem, but all the
manually operated "Combine and decode" and saving each and every image
is a lot of work.

But with these great pictures, it is worth all the hard work.

Thank you for sharing, André

--
Regards Verner,
Old March 18th 07, 01:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
André Ritzinger[_2_] André Ritzinger[_2_] is offline
Banned

What do you mean by Superfeed posts? I'm unfamiliar with this.

André.

Old March 18th 07, 01:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
André Ritzinger[_2_] André Ritzinger[_2_] is offline
Banned

It's strange that Agent doesn't combine the parts properly. On my end
I've tested it with Agent Version 4.2 and it worked like it should.
Maybe I should try a different posting program, perhaps it will solve
some problems. Suggestions are welcome.

André.

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 22:06:15 GMT, Verner Johnsen

Old March 20th 07, 05:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
gn_user

Default Aston Martin International 2-4 seater sports 1930 fl3q.JPG

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 22:06:15 GMT, Verner Johnsen

<snip>
>Hi André,
>
>All parts are coming through to my news servers as well, but there
>still seems to be a problem with the multi part post.

The posting program used has included the 'body message' in both the
1st and the 2nd part of the attachment.

>My 'Fortés Agent" combines the multi part the posts, but it cannot
>decode it properly.
>It shows most of the image, but the bottom part is missing, and there
>is a lot of coded message after the uncompleted image.

From your description, when Agent encountered the 'body message' in
part 2 of the post, it recognized it was not valid data and stopped
decoding the file at that point.

>I cannot say for sure, that this not a 'Agent'-problem, but I don't
>have the same problem with multi part posts from posters.

If you will set your copy of Agent to "Ignore File Fragments" I
believe it should eliminate the problem. You can find it he

Folder>Default Properties>Receiving Messages>File Handling

[ x ] Ignore Fragments

(IOW you want to have this box checked.)

Not verified with version 4.2 but expect it is the same as version
3.3. If you would like a more complete description you should find
one under - HELP>Index>Default folder properties

Since Andre said his reader decoded it OK I have to think it's a
difference in settings rather than a problem with Agent. As always if
this doesn't take care of it or you need more information the best
place is always he

alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent

<snip>

Attachment is screenshot showing box that needs to be checked.

HTH