Airport Security Question

Old August 25th 06, 07:58 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
[email protected][_1_]

Default Airport Security Question

In a Nutshell, are the additional searches before boarding airplanes
really "randomized" or are they criminal/racial profiling?

East-

Old August 26th 06, 06:41 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ashton Crusher

http://www.answers.com/random&r=67)

>Based on this definition, airport security is most definitely random.
>
>> --
>> Bill Funk
>> replace "g" with "a"

There was an interesting article about the real effect of the current
airport screening system. Because it is not random but does have some
rules (secret of course) about who to single out for extra checking,
it allows a group of terrorists to make practice flights to figure out
what not to do. A dozen terrorists, each with somewhat different
clothing and actions, make several flights thru the airport and based
on which of them always gets fingered and which always get thru, they
can figure out the system. Then when they want to do something they
know how to game the security profile.
Old August 26th 06, 02:41 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
barking pumpkin

Furious George wrote:
> Computers can't make random numbers;
>>people can't pick things at random.

the generation of random numbers is too important to be left to chance.
Old August 26th 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
thelasian

Profiling people at airports? Lets play "Spot the Muslim/Terrorist"
shall we?

Here's a photo of one of Iran's top soccer stars - would you be able to

pick him out as a "Muslim" and therefore a potential terrorist who
should be profiled?
http://www.teammelli.com/Players/StatsAzizi.htm

Here's another Muslim - would you be able to spot him?
http://www.votolatino.com.ar/2003/fotos/catstevens.jpg

This fellow would obviously be entitled to a free pass:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_Kaczynski

How about this fellow - oh he must REALLY be one of them sneaky
muslims, what with those dark swarthy looks. Why, he's even wearing
sheets!
http://www.mohandasgandhi.com/ghandi.jpg

Course, this fellow is arguably swarthy, but that's because his father
is Jamaican ( you know, Axis of Evil Jamaica?)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1731568.stm

How about this fellow - no problem letting him on board the airplane,
since he's neither a Muslim nor particularly swarthy
http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/...arlos-2000.jpg
(Carlos the Jackal, FYI)

Hmm... Turbans, Beards, funny religious practices. Oh my! These fellows

should DEFINITELY be singled out!
http://www.pilgrimage-india.com/indi...-religion.html

And this guy - a Christian fellow named George. Nah, can't be a
terrorist. Let him on board without a second glance.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Habash

Oh wait - what about this guy. Why, with all that red hair, he's
obviously Irish!
http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...q/al-douri.htm

Yes the sooner we stick to profiling them suspiciously swarthy
"Muslim" people the safer we'll all be. Amen.

Old August 28th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
DTJ

On 26 Aug 2006 15:30:51 -0700, "thelasian" >
wrote:

>Profiling people at airports? Lets play "Spot the Muslim/Terrorist"
>shall we?

Let's not. I realize that children like you feel that one counter
example allegedly disproves entire theories, but the adults in the
world know better. One example I am sure you are familiar with is the
media's leftist view that since most muslims are not terrorists we
should view all of them as model citizens.