Wondering How Many Will Pony Up For The New "Pony Package"

Old August 4th 05, 02:34 AM

Default Wondering How Many Will Pony Up For The New "Pony Package"

FYI -- For 2006, Ford will reportly offer GT suspension upgrades, small
foglamps in the grill, and optional 18" wheels on V6 Mustangs and call
it the "Pony Package".

Personally, I think it's a great idea. It'll help sell Mustangs to who
want a sportier car than the base V6, but aren't willing to pay for the
GT's higher insurance rates and lower gas mileage numbers.

What are your thoughts?

Patrick
'93 Cobra

Old August 4th 05, 03:02 AM
Howard Nelson

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> FYI -- For 2006, Ford will reportly offer GT suspension upgrades, small
> foglamps in the grill, and optional 18" wheels on V6 Mustangs and call
> it the "Pony Package".
>
> Personally, I think it's a great idea. It'll help sell Mustangs to who
> want a sportier car than the base V6, but aren't willing to pay for the
> GT's higher insurance rates and lower gas mileage numbers.
>
> What are your thoughts?
>
> Patrick
> '93 Cobra

If they offer it in a convertible (and don't add nonfunctional scoops,
airdams and spoilers) then I probably will let go of my 89 LX 5.0 vert and
get one of those. Best idea I have heard from Ford since the Bullitt.
Howard

Old August 4th 05, 01:31 PM
Michael

> > FYI -- For 2006, Ford will reportly offer GT suspension upgrades,

> small
> > foglamps in the grill, and optional 18" wheels on V6 Mustangs and

> call
> > it the "Pony Package".
> >
> > Personally, I think it's a great idea. It'll help sell Mustangs to

> who
> > want a sportier car than the base V6, but aren't willing to pay for

> the
> > GT's higher insurance rates and lower gas mileage numbers.
> >
> > What are your thoughts?
> >
> > Patrick
> > '93 Cobra

> Works both way - I think some GT owners will see it as the "Faux GT"
> package and be upset that the V6 is posing as a GT.
>
> Joe
> Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies
> Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC

Can't be any worse than the morons I saw on the highway the other day with a
99+ V6 vert with SVT/COBRA badge in the back and on the fenders. The 99+ (at
least TTBOMK) had an option for a 'pony package' which included the
accentuated hood scoop, fog lamps, etc. Not sure if there were any
performance/suspension inclusions.

Michael

Old August 4th 05, 05:23 PM
Braxus

If I only get the V6 car I'm thinking of adding this option. I just only
wish they added dual exhaust as well.

Old August 5th 05, 01:38 AM
Joe

"Michael" > wrote in
:

>> > FYI -- For 2006, Ford will reportly offer GT suspension upgrades,

>> small
>> > foglamps in the grill, and optional 18" wheels on V6 Mustangs and

>> call
>> > it the "Pony Package".
>> >
>> > Personally, I think it's a great idea. It'll help sell Mustangs

>> who
>> > want a sportier car than the base V6, but aren't willing to pay
>> > for

>> the
>> > GT's higher insurance rates and lower gas mileage numbers.
>> >
>> > What are your thoughts?
>> >
>> > Patrick
>> > '93 Cobra

>> Works both way - I think some GT owners will see it as the "Faux
>> GT" package and be upset that the V6 is posing as a GT.
>>
>> Joe
>> Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies
>> Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC

> Can't be any worse than the morons I saw on the highway the other
> day with a 99+ V6 vert with SVT/COBRA badge in the back and on the
> fenders. The 99+ (at least TTBOMK) had an option for a 'pony
> package' which included the accentuated hood scoop, fog lamps, etc.
> Not sure if there were any performance/suspension inclusions.
>
> Michael

Not too long ago I saw a V6 with 'TypeR' badges. Just too funny.
Old August 5th 05, 02:11 AM

> Defiant wrote:
> needs a V-8 option. can we say LX...

I know I can! Great idea! Let me add the new LX should also be
tailored to make the following equipment optional:

Roll-up windows
A/C delete
Radio delete
Power steering delete
Rear seat delete
Driving light delete
Light-weight hood
Trunk mounted battery

A 5.0 Cammer engine would be standard as would the GT-500's gauge
package.

Patrick
'93 Cobra