Some air-cooled fun

Old May 3rd 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

Default Tail of the Dragon Crash - Was - Some air-cooled fun

Joey Tribiani wrote:

> "personal responsibility" is....

> http://www.coping.org/growth/accept.htm

Congress has just passed an arbitrary law that Joey must lick Saddle's
ass every Tuesday night from 9 to 10 pm. If Joey disobeys the law he
shall be gang raped by wild apes for a period of no less than one week.
Fortunately, Joey's mother taught him to always do what he's told so
Saddle can expect a proper tossed salad weekly during American Idol.

> >> i still practice all three...

> > In some deranged fantasy of yours.

> i do.....you feel you don't get the common courtesy extended to you?

I could care less. I just find it funny that someone who claims to be
mama's little manners boy can't hold a discussion with anyone without
resorting to swearing like ghetto pimp the moment anyone disagrees with
him.

> nope....and not a good weekend for you or the other two million bikes that
> will be there either...

Lucky for me, I wake up before the rest of them.

Old May 3rd 06, 06:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

> I having been hoping Troy would step in with a short but devastating
> comment, but no, I get stuck with Joey's complete lack of reading
> comprehension.

I was just watching this one....I watched the intial exchange and really,
haven't completely understood what all the fightings about yet.

Old May 3rd 06, 06:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

wrote:
> Andrew wrote:
>> Tim! Welcome home!

> Thanks! How's the kid?
>
> Tim

Supercute!

--
Andrew
00 Daytona
Old May 3rd 06, 07:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

on 5/2/06 7:35 PM, Bryan wrote:

> I doubt anyone would ever call Andrew a squid. He is the real deal.

Sometimes Andrew smells like calamari.

--
Jamin
"I don't want a pickle..."

Old May 3rd 06, 01:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

Huh? Learning to drag race by playing the playstation? Say it ain't
so. :-)
Signed,
Squid

By the way, good post, Tomor. I agree with most of what you said. I
do consider mself lucky and did realize I was reaching the limits of
what my bike and I could do. I said I plan on working on the bike to
extend its capabilities some, and now I know just about exactly where
my limit is so I can approach it more cautiously next time. Thanks for
the input.

Old May 3rd 06, 01:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

Wait, bryan is 50? I swear I had him pegged for 25 years old or
younger. Hmmm....

Old May 3rd 06, 01:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

YEAH!!!!!! I made the front page of killboy.com!
http://photos1.blogger.com/hello/55/3348/1024/06816.jpg
There's my squidly ass. HO HO HO! :-D

Old May 3rd 06, 02:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

"Shag" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> YEAH!!!!!! I made the front page of killboy.com!
> http://photos1.blogger.com/hello/55/3348/1024/06816.jpg
> There's my squidly ass. HO HO HO! :-D

It's pretty dim to be running aftermarket pipes that drag on the road,
unless you just like making sparks the easy way.

Old May 3rd 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

Hey, there are great placces to ride almost everywhere. The Dragon is
neat, but so are lots of other roads. Check out some west coast roads:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/paul1cart/my_photos

--
PC Paul
89 PC800

Trip pics at: http://photos.yahoo.com/paul1cart

"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to
society" - Theodore Roosevelt

Old May 3rd 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled,alt.motorcycle.sportbike

Hi,

There was also a John Connelly back then. You may also be thinking of John
Spohn who I think was from RI and had a type 2 pickup.

John Henry has "Zinnie" and his restoration efforts are recorded on his
"Bugshop" site. He also has a new site called "Zarworks" and he deals with
very early replacement parts and custom made reproduction parts. Hew is
still active in Massachusetts.

Fweem.

Dave

--
David A. Tosi
Facilities Manager

Also an antique VW nut!
"P.J. Berg" > wrote in message
newsPQ5g.10605$zc1.2938@amstwist00...
> Joey Tribiani wrote:
> > "Bryan" > wrote in message
> > >
> >> Almost correct, my earliest RAMVA posts were close to 9 years ago. I

was
> >> a regular for about 5 years while I did the 64 bug. I was around way
> >> before you ever showed up, but yep I've just been a RAMVA lurker for a

few
> >> years now.

> > dude, i have been a ramva regular since jan of 96....get with it...
> >

> >> And yep, the bug is a low budget "resto". When I learned that I was a
> >> very poor welder, I choose the "sheet metal / pop rivet / chemical"

path.
> >> There was a regular on RAMVA, named John Connelly (not the

aircooled.net
> >> guy). He had a WEB site dedicated to VW's mostly his oval window

pristine
> >> restoration.

> > damn....for a "long timer" you know exactly ****... John Connelly

> And you both got his name wrong.. )
>
> J.
>
> is the
> > aircooled.net guy, and the site you are refering to belongs to John

Henry,
> > and is dedicated to the restoration of his 57 named "Zinfendel"....
> >> He also had a history of the VW's he had owned and discussed various
> >> levels of rust repair/prevention he had used over the years. I think I
> >> chose "Level 2": cut the rust, treat with POR or Corroless (sp?), cover
> >> with sheet metal and rivet in place.

> > yeah, that was John Henry.... www.thebugshop.org
> >
> >> Hmm, easy repairs? Not sure about the easy part, but yes I have paid a
> >> professonial. I've paid the best underground VW mechanic in PHX /

Tempe,
> >> his name is Tony S. He builds my motors, does late model clutch and
> >> starter conversions, sources vintage parts, wiper conversions, etc.

> > everything you listed above is an "easy" repair/modification.... clutch

is