Buying Advice? Trying to make the deam come true

Old January 10th 07, 01:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
JerryC

Default Buying Advice? Trying to make the deam come true

thanks for all the help on this. I printed off the consumer reports
pricing guide which shows all of the national/regional incentives,
rebates, holdbacks, etc. they give advice on what to start negotiating
at. i'm a bit disappointed because the incentives they list are the ones
that expired on 1/2/2007 and I printed it off on 1/5/2007. how will i
learn about new ones (not the public ones, the ones that Ford gives to
the dealers so i know actual dealer cost). also there is mentioned the
"dealer adverting fee", is that negotiable? i know the destination fee
isn't.

In article >,
says...
> It's time to reward my wife for all of her years of hard work and
> devotion and putting up with my sh*t. The kids are mostly out of the
> house now. The only thing she ever asked for was a Mustang, and then
> sort of half-jokingly, but I know she's always wanted one. I'm going to
> try to make it happen for her birthday in May. I was going to wait 2
> years for her 50th but you never know how long you have with someone,
> there have been health issues recently that scare me. Plus our second
> car has almost 200k miles and is about to fall over for good and she's
> often stuck driving that rat-mobile with the interior fabric hanging
> down on her head since I have to travel a lot and use our 'good' car for
> that, which is getting old too.
>
> So I'm new at this, and have limited funds, I'm going to have to get
> creative, even with financing since I'm still paying for two kids'
> college. What are my best options to pick up a new Mustang? Is this the
> time of year that dealers start clearing out 2006 models at low prices?
> Or is all that just BS? Is ebay the best bet, can you get new vehicles
> that way and is it something I should trust? She doesn't need something
> super-fast like the new shelby 500gt (good thing, at the over-msrp
> prices I'm seeing here!). She just is in love with the style.
>
> Anyway, thanks for any help or suggestions.

Used SW2 or SW1; Buying advice [email protected] Saturn 5 May 1st 06 05:02 AM
Advice needed on buying used car from private seller Ethan Honda 3 March 13th 06 05:53 PM
Car Buying Advice [email protected] Audi 23 January 30th 06 05:47 PM
advice on buying an A4 adam Audi 1 July 20th 04 05:43 PM
Early GTV: Buying Advice Simon C Alfa Romeo 2 June 29th 04 09:20 PM