Modless Wonder FOX Challenge!

Old January 7th 07, 05:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jimmy[_1_]

Default Modless Wonder FOX Challenge!

Do I win?

1990...Mustang GT

Owned since new...

Mods!

Removed Air Silencer...

Exhaust...Dynomax Turbo Catback 2.5 (stocks rusted out!)

End of mods!

Was a BEAUTIFUL day today here in the NYC metro area....washed the car
finally (looked like crap)...my Z-28 needs an inspection and I took out
ye old '69 pontiac (aka my former Mustang supercharger funds) last
weekend..

Here she is from this afternoon after a washing...if this IS global
warming, how come we only hear about the BAD aspects...what about 70
degrees in NYC? :-)

http://picasaweb.google.com/jimsfastls1/MustangJan62007

Jimmy..

Old January 7th 07, 12:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
nospam

It's not global warming.
Just a weird jet stream.
The winter was like this in 1890 (among a few other years that have been
recorded).

ups.com...

Old January 7th 07, 01:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
BradandBrooks

"nospam" > wrote in message
m...
> It's not global warming.
> Just a weird jet stream.
> The winter was like this in 1890 (among a few other years that have been
> recorded).
>
> "Jimmy" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> Do I win?
>>
>> 1990...Mustang GT
>>
>> Owned since new...
>>

>> Mods!
>>
>> Removed Air Silencer...
>>
>> Exhaust...Dynomax Turbo Catback 2.5 (stocks rusted out!)
>>
>> End of mods!
>>
>> Was a BEAUTIFUL day today here in the NYC metro area....washed the car
>> finally (looked like crap)...my Z-28 needs an inspection and I took out
>> ye old '69 pontiac (aka my former Mustang supercharger funds) last
>> weekend..
>>
>> Here she is from this afternoon after a washing...if this IS global
>> warming, how come we only hear about the BAD aspects...what about 70
>> degrees in NYC? :-)
>>
>> http://picasaweb.google.com/jimsfastls1/MustangJan62007
>>
>> Jimmy..

Love the Stang! Lose the Z-28. Nice car. Love the 100% stock look.

Brad

Old January 7th 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Jimmy wrote:
> Do I win?

> 1990...Mustang GT

> Owned since new...

> Mods!

> Removed Air Silencer...

> Exhaust...Dynomax Turbo Catback 2.5 (stocks rusted out!)

> End of mods!

Am I a close second?

'93 Cobra/120K miles (owned since '98)

removed air silencer
3.55s gears
shortie headers
C&L 73mm mass-air meter
'91 GT A6L processor

> Was a BEAUTIFUL day today here in the NYC metro area....washed the car
> finally (looked like crap)...my Z-28 needs an inspection and I took out
> ye old '69 pontiac (aka my former Mustang supercharger funds) last
> weekend..

It's crappy here in LA (lower AL). Lot's a rain this weekend.

> http://picasaweb.google.com/jimsfastls1/MustangJan62007

Patrick

Old January 7th 07, 09:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

nospam wrote:

> It's not global warming.

Let hope so. But with rapidly increasing CO2 levels, loss of
glacier/polar ice caps and the growing concensus among experts, things
are looking ominous.

> Just a weird jet stream.

Caused by El Nino or La Nina, but we're not sure it their
intensity/frequency have been changed by man's activities.

> The winter was like this in 1890 (among a few other years that have been
> recorded).

And the average gobal temperature continues to rise.

I know this doesn't account for much, but I do know SE Michigan's
winters have been awfully wacky and warmer the last 20+ years. They
don't get the cold/snow up there anymore like when I was a kid -- tons
of snow, huge snow drifts, 30+ days of continuous below freezing
temperatures, snow mobiles running all over the place, etc.-- that
stuff doesn't happen anymore.

Patrick

Old January 8th 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Nicholas Anthony

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> nospam wrote:
>
>> It's not global warming.

> Let hope so. But with rapidly increasing CO2 levels, loss of
> glacier/polar ice caps and the growing concensus among experts, things
> are looking ominous.
>
>> Just a weird jet stream.

> Caused by El Nino or La Nina, but we're not sure it their
> intensity/frequency have been changed by man's activities.
>
>> The winter was like this in 1890 (among a few other years that have been
>> recorded).

> And the average gobal temperature continues to rise.
>
> I know this doesn't account for much, but I do know SE Michigan's
> winters have been awfully wacky and warmer the last 20+ years. They
> don't get the cold/snow up there anymore like when I was a kid -- tons
> of snow, huge snow drifts, 30+ days of continuous below freezing
> temperatures, snow mobiles running all over the place, etc.-- that
> stuff doesn't happen anymore.
>
> Patrick

At one time they said the Earth's axis was rotating which would cause change
as well. What I dont get is that even if it were true what is to say the
Earth wont take care of itself? I mean it gets hotter the water evaporates
and turns into clouds, the clouds protect us from harmful sun rays and the
temperature.

Old January 8th 07, 02:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
greg

"Nicholas Anthony" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> nospam wrote:
>>
>>> It's not global warming.

>> Let hope so. But with rapidly increasing CO2 levels, loss of
>> glacier/polar ice caps and the growing concensus among experts, things
>> are looking ominous.
>>
>>> Just a weird jet stream.

>> Caused by El Nino or La Nina, but we're not sure it their
>> intensity/frequency have been changed by man's activities.
>>
>>> The winter was like this in 1890 (among a few other years that have been
>>> recorded).

>> And the average gobal temperature continues to rise.
>>
>> I know this doesn't account for much, but I do know SE Michigan's
>> winters have been awfully wacky and warmer the last 20+ years. They
>> don't get the cold/snow up there anymore like when I was a kid -- tons
>> of snow, huge snow drifts, 30+ days of continuous below freezing
>> temperatures, snow mobiles running all over the place, etc.-- that
>> stuff doesn't happen anymore.
>>
>> Patrick

> At one time they said the Earth's axis was rotating which would cause
> change as well. What I dont get is that even if it were true what is to
> say the Earth wont take care of itself? I mean it gets hotter the water
> evaporates and turns into clouds, the clouds protect us from harmful sun
> rays and the temperature.

maybee but my mustang 5.0 will still be running.......

Old January 8th 07, 04:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Nicholas Anthony wrote:

> > nospam wrote:

> >> It's not global warming.

> > Let hope so. But with rapidly increasing CO2 levels, loss of
> > glacier/polar ice caps and the growing concensus among experts, things
> > are looking ominous.

> >> Just a weird jet stream.

> > Caused by El Nino or La Nina, but we're not sure it their
> > intensity/frequency have been changed by man's activities.

> >> The winter was like this in 1890 (among a few other years that have been
> >> recorded).

> > And the average gobal temperature continues to rise.

> > I know this doesn't account for much, but I do know SE Michigan's
> > winters have been awfully wacky and warmer the last 20+ years. They
> > don't get the cold/snow up there anymore like when I was a kid -- tons
> > of snow, huge snow drifts, 30+ days of continuous below freezing
> > temperatures, snow mobiles running all over the place, etc.-- that
> > stuff doesn't happen anymore.

> At one time they said the Earth's axis was rotating which would cause change
> as well. What I dont get is that even if it were true what is to say the
> Earth wont take care of itself? I mean it gets hotter the water evaporates
> and turns into clouds, the clouds protect us from harmful sun rays and the
> temperature.

Like I said, let's hope. But the signs seem to be indicating we're
overloading the Earth's balancing system. (Can the Earth's system
handle the huge escape of stored energy/oil and the massive clear
cutting of forests in such a short [only 100+ years] period of time?)
Add in human nature's tendancy to act only after things begin to
directly affect our lives and you can see the potential for an
unprecedented disaster. Especially when you factor in the difficulty
of coordinating a global effort to turn things around, AND starting the
effort before it's too late.

Patrick

Old January 8th 07, 12:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_1_]

wrote in
ups.com:

> Nicholas Anthony wrote:

>> > Let hope so. But with rapidly increasing CO2 levels, loss of
>> > glacier/polar ice caps and the growing concensus among experts,
>> > things are looking ominous.

>> > Caused by El Nino or La Nina, but we're not sure it their
>> > intensity/frequency have been changed by man's activities.

>> > And the average gobal temperature continues to rise.

>> > I know this doesn't account for much, but I do know SE Michigan's
>> > winters have been awfully wacky and warmer the last 20+ years.
>> > They don't get the cold/snow up there anymore like when I was a kid
>> > -- tons of snow, huge snow drifts, 30+ days of continuous below
>> > freezing temperatures, snow mobiles running all over the place,
>> > etc.-- that stuff doesn't happen anymore.

>> At one time they said the Earth's axis was rotating which would cause
>> change as well. What I dont get is that even if it were true what is
>> to say the Earth wont take care of itself? I mean it gets hotter the
>> water evaporates and turns into clouds, the clouds protect us from
>> harmful sun rays and the temperature.

> Like I said, let's hope. But the signs seem to be indicating we're
> overloading the Earth's balancing system. (Can the Earth's system
> handle the huge escape of stored energy/oil and the massive clear
> cutting of forests in such a short [only 100+ years] period of time?)
> Add in human nature's tendancy to act only after things begin to
> directly affect our lives and you can see the potential for an
> unprecedented disaster. Especially when you factor in the difficulty
> of coordinating a global effort to turn things around, AND starting
> the effort before it's too late.
>
> Patrick

Saw a documentary on PBS not too long ago on how the earth's magnetic
structure is "reversing". Apparently this is something that goes on
every few hundred or thousand years (forgot the time frame), but it's
all part of the cycle.

Personally, I don't think we (mankind) have the power to destroy the
earth. We're just not that strong compared to Mother Nature. We can
certainly screw it up, but I believe it will prevail in the end. It'll
be here long after we annihilate ourselves.
Old January 9th 07, 03:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Joe wrote:

> >> At one time they said the Earth's axis was rotating which would cause
> >> change as well. What I dont get is that even if it were true what is
> >> to say the Earth wont take care of itself? I mean it gets hotter the
> >> water evaporates and turns into clouds, the clouds protect us from
> >> harmful sun rays and the temperature.

> > Like I said, let's hope. But the signs seem to be indicating we're
> > overloading the Earth's balancing system. (Can the Earth's system
> > handle the huge escape of stored energy/oil and the massive clear
> > cutting of forests in such a short [only 100+ years] period of time?)
> > Add in human nature's tendancy to act only after things begin to
> > directly affect our lives and you can see the potential for an
> > unprecedented disaster. Especially when you factor in the difficulty
> > of coordinating a global effort to turn things around, AND starting
> > the effort before it's too late.

> Saw a documentary on PBS not too long ago on how the earth's magnetic
> structure is "reversing". Apparently this is something that goes on
> every few hundred or thousand years (forgot the time frame), but it's
> all part of the cycle.

Certainly the Earth has variations but they develop over 1,000s of
years, but the global warming theory is based on recent variations that
have happened extremely fast (less than a 100). And in the case of
CO2, have risen to unprecedented levels.

> Personally, I don't think we (mankind) have the power to destroy the
> earth. We're just not that strong compared to Mother Nature. We can
> certainly screw it up, but I believe it will prevail in the end. It'll
> be here long after we annihilate ourselves.

Do you realize the power of our nukes? If enough of them go off, the
rotation of the planet could be upset.

Patrick