First kill!

Old May 21st 05, 04:30 AM
66 6F HCS

Default First kill!

Now before you guys go into how street racing is only for morons, drop it
'cause I don't wanna hear it. For the most part I agree with you guys, but
there are some occasions where ya just can't resist it.

My first kill in the '69 Boss clone was this evening. A beautiful raven
black '67 Camaro SS with Silver stripes. Rolling start @ ~30mph. I'm not
sure if he's gonna gun it. He takes off so I jump on it too. He was ahead by
1/2 length on start and I slowly reeled him in and pulled even within 1/8th
mile. The whole thing lasted about 10 seconds and he gave up when he could
see my rear bumper.

Pulled into the AutoZone which is a few blocks away and pop our hoods. (You
shoulda seen the ricers come out of the woodworks then, LMAO!) He's got a
chromed out 350 stroked to 383 with a Holley 750cfm DP, Edelbrock RPM
Air-Gap intake, 4-spd manual and 3.73:1 posi 10 bolt. Fairly close match
with my 393 stroker 351W, 600cfm Edelbrock, Edelbrock Performer intake, FMX
tranny and 3.70:1 Trac-Lok 9".

He said he runs high 13's at Bandimere. I wonder where that would put me up
on the hill???? I'm sure I could run 14's all day long with my current
setup. But 13's? I'm not so sure. I'm thinking he was fudging a bit.

--
Scott W.
'66 HCS Mustang 289

Old May 21st 05, 04:36 AM
66 6F HCS

Forgot to mention he's running Edel RPM heads and I'm running D0 cast iron
Windsor heads which were ported/polished and now run roller rockers.

Old May 21st 05, 04:49 AM
Michael Johnson, PE

Good story. Get ready though, the PC police are likely to ambush you
for your transgressions.

Old May 21st 05, 06:43 AM
Gill

66 6F HCS wrote:
> Now before you guys go into how street racing is only for morons, drop it
> 'cause I don't wanna hear it. For the most part I agree with you guys, but
> there are some occasions where ya just can't resist it.
>
> My first kill in the '69 Boss clone was this evening. A beautiful raven
> black '67 Camaro SS with Silver stripes. Rolling start @ ~30mph. I'm not
> sure if he's gonna gun it. He takes off so I jump on it too. He was ahead by
> 1/2 length on start and I slowly reeled him in and pulled even within 1/8th
> mile. The whole thing lasted about 10 seconds and he gave up when he could
> see my rear bumper.
>
> Pulled into the AutoZone which is a few blocks away and pop our hoods. (You
> shoulda seen the ricers come out of the woodworks then, LMAO!) He's got a
> chromed out 350 stroked to 383 with a Holley 750cfm DP, Edelbrock RPM
> Air-Gap intake, 4-spd manual and 3.73:1 posi 10 bolt. Fairly close match
> with my 393 stroker 351W, 600cfm Edelbrock, Edelbrock Performer intake, FMX
> tranny and 3.70:1 Trac-Lok 9".
>
> He said he runs high 13's at Bandimere. I wonder where that would put me up
> on the hill???? I'm sure I could run 14's all day long with my current
> setup. But 13's? I'm not so sure. I'm thinking he was fudging a bit.

I think you could get into the 13's. Take it to the track and find out.
It kind of gives a reality check to me. I hit 13.3 but thought I would
do better,(spun to the 1/8th) and at the end of the 1/4 I realized
111mph is not safe for the street(Takes a long time to slow down)
There's really nothing good to say about a street race though, so I won't.

--
Tropic Green Y2K 5 Speed Mustang GT
With Bits and Pieces
Old May 21st 05, 07:15 AM
Mark C.

I realized
> 111mph is not safe for the street(Takes a long time to slow down) There's
> really nothing good to say about a street race though, so I won't.

If you upgrade the power, you have to upgrade the brakes.

--
Mark

Old May 21st 05, 08:32 AM
Spike

Now you need a program to kick out a decal to stick to the ride... a
tiny little Camaro... maybe with a bullseye over it.... : )

On Fri, 20 May 2005 21:30:03 -0600, "66 6F HCS"
> wrote:

>Now before you guys go into how street racing is only for morons, drop it
>'cause I don't wanna hear it. For the most part I agree with you guys, but
>there are some occasions where ya just can't resist it.
>
>My first kill in the '69 Boss clone was this evening. A beautiful raven
>black '67 Camaro SS with Silver stripes. Rolling start @ ~30mph. I'm not
>sure if he's gonna gun it. He takes off so I jump on it too. He was ahead by
>1/2 length on start and I slowly reeled him in and pulled even within 1/8th
>mile. The whole thing lasted about 10 seconds and he gave up when he could
>see my rear bumper.
>
>Pulled into the AutoZone which is a few blocks away and pop our hoods. (You
>shoulda seen the ricers come out of the woodworks then, LMAO!) He's got a
>chromed out 350 stroked to 383 with a Holley 750cfm DP, Edelbrock RPM
>Air-Gap intake, 4-spd manual and 3.73:1 posi 10 bolt. Fairly close match
>with my 393 stroker 351W, 600cfm Edelbrock, Edelbrock Performer intake, FMX
>tranny and 3.70:1 Trac-Lok 9".
>
>He said he runs high 13's at Bandimere. I wonder where that would put me up
>on the hill???? I'm sure I could run 14's all day long with my current
>setup. But 13's? I'm not so sure. I'm thinking he was fudging a bit.

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Old May 21st 05, 09:03 AM
Brad and Mia

"Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in message
> Good story. Get ready though, the PC police are likely to ambush you for
> your transgressions.

Oh please. Lots of people street race. I do. All the time. I mean,
driving 60 in a 30, or 80 in a 40 is kewl. I know I know, someday I might
kill someone. But at least if it's a member of your family, you'll
understand. Cause you're kewl; just like me.

Brad

Old May 21st 05, 12:11 PM
SVTKate

"Spike" > wrote in message
| Now you need a program to kick out a decal to stick to the ride... a
| tiny little Camaro... maybe with a bullseye over it.... : )

OH!
My ex has an uncle that had a beat up old truck that had little stick men
painted on the side.
It's funny as hell! He has about two rows of them and one that is only
half... never figured that one out.

Old May 21st 05, 01:01 PM
Deputy Dog

"Brad and Mia" > wrote in message
someday I might
> kill someone. But at least if it's a member of your family, you'll
> understand. Cause you're kewl; just like me.
>
> Brad

The only thing I'd understand is the feeling of satisfaction when some one
did to you as you did to others. ****ing asshole!

Dave

Old May 21st 05, 01:38 PM
Gill

Mark C. wrote:
> I realized
>
>>111mph is not safe for the street(Takes a long time to slow down) There's
>>really nothing good to say about a street race though, so I won't.

> If you upgrade the power, you have to upgrade the brakes.

Yeah, I know, that's one of the things on my list to do.