2006 Mustang GT wont break traction.

Old May 4th 06, 03:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default 2006 Mustang GT wont break traction.

On Wed, 03 May 2006 20:47:55 GMT, "My Names Nobody" >
wrote:

>Then stop trying to tear up your $300+ tires...

Not sure where you buy your tires, but the OEM tires which are
Pirilli PZERO NERO size 235/55WR17 are $99 each at
http://www.tirerack.com

shipping is roughly $10 a tire delivered to Central Louisiana.

Not sure where you buy your $300 tires, but check it out, you might
save $800 on your next set

Old May 4th 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Wed, 03 May 2006 23:15:49 GMT, "My Names Nobody" >
wrote:

>The new Mustang has TRACTION CONTROL, it won't even spin in the wet with it
>on..
>They **** and git with almost undetectable wheel spin, in the gravel, on
>wet, whatever surface, the traction control works very well...

WOW they "really, REALLY changed the 2006 performance !!! My 2005
GT automatic spins tires, squeals, lets me pretend I'm a teenager
"wasting daddy's hard earned money all over again. Granted, it's not
the "tire smoking" you see on the Mustang commercials, but it will
break traction, the back end will get "away from you" if you aren't
careful. My advice, (that is unless FORD really, REALLY changed
things up between the current and recent past year models, is give it
a couple of thousand miles, then, romp on the accellerator and see
what happens... Of course, make sure it's fully warmed up and the
blue light special is in K-Mart, not beside you <G>
Old May 4th 06, 05:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

> wrote in message
> On Wed, 03 May 2006 23:15:49 GMT, "My Names Nobody" >
> wrote:
>
>>The new Mustang has TRACTION CONTROL, it won't even spin in the wet with
>>it
>>on..
>>They **** and git with almost undetectable wheel spin, in the gravel, on
>>wet, whatever surface, the traction control works very well...
>>

> WOW they "really, REALLY changed the 2006 performance !!! My 2005
> GT automatic spins tires, squeals, lets me pretend I'm a teenager
> "wasting daddy's hard earned money all over again. Granted, it's not
> the "tire smoking" you see on the Mustang commercials, but it will
> break traction, the back end will get "away from you" if you aren't
> careful. My advice, (that is unless FORD really, REALLY changed
> things up between the current and recent past year models, is give it
> a couple of thousand miles, then, romp on the accellerator and see
> what happens... Of course, make sure it's fully warmed up and the
> blue light special is in K-Mart, not beside you <G>

Now turn your traction control back on! DOH!!!

Old May 4th 06, 11:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Erimikos wrote:
> I have always wanted a decent mustang... ever since I was about 8..
> wanted one so bad I could taste it really... I used to be fairly
> active on these forums.. but have not really been back in quite some
> time...
>
> Anyway, about a week I got my first mustang... a 2006 GT Coupe.
>
> The car is an automatic, but even so, I would think that it would be
> able to break traction on the rear tires going straight forward from a
> dead stop on dry pavement... without break torquing.. but the car
> simply will not do it.. Its not a problem if its wet out..
>
> The power is there, I can feel it at higher speeds.. and it seems that
> when taking off, it drops the power to a point where the tires will not
> spin as i take off, but once it gets rolling, it will take off pretty
> quickly...
>
> This is with the traction control off.. It is really very
> disappointing that with the traction control off, the car wont spin the
> tires from a stand still on dry pavement... (Probably will if I brake
> torque it.. but I really dont think that should be necessarry with a
> car that powerful....
>
> Am I missing something?

Sounds like the Torque Management System to me... Ok, I know I only
have the V6 but... The V6 and the GT share a lot of things... I believe
that includes the Torque Management System which prevents the car from
making "too much" torque in 1st gear! My V6 wouldn't spin the tire
even brake torquing! I picked up an SCT X-Cal2 and reflashed the
car... and bang! I'm spining the tire like crazy! LIke you I could
feel enough power in 2nd,3rd,4th... just not 1st!

I would check out www.alternativeauto.com Lidio's tune will wake your
automatic up! LOL!

Old May 4th 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Thu, 04 May 2006 04:27:07 GMT, "My Names Nobody" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 03 May 2006 23:15:49 GMT, "My Names Nobody" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>The new Mustang has TRACTION CONTROL, it won't even spin in the wet with
>>>it
>>>on..
>>>They **** and git with almost undetectable wheel spin, in the gravel, on
>>>wet, whatever surface, the traction control works very well...
>>>

>> WOW they "really, REALLY changed the 2006 performance !!! My 2005
>> GT automatic spins tires, squeals, lets me pretend I'm a teenager
>> "wasting daddy's hard earned money all over again. Granted, it's not
>> the "tire smoking" you see on the Mustang commercials, but it will
>> break traction, the back end will get "away from you" if you aren't
>> careful. My advice, (that is unless FORD really, REALLY changed
>> things up between the current and recent past year models, is give it
>> a couple of thousand miles, then, romp on the accellerator and see
>> what happens... Of course, make sure it's fully warmed up and the
>> blue light special is in K-Mart, not beside you <G>

>Now turn your traction control back on! DOH!!!

Don't be so "condesending" do you own a recent model GT? if so,
please tell me which one. Sounds to me like youre the "expert" but
what do you base your experiences on? Please advise.

Old May 4th 06, 02:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Yes, it does... depending on what you are doing. If the system
beleives its an intentional thing, it will allow them to spin with the
traction control turned on.. (it bases that off throttle input, and
current vehicle speed, I beleive)

Old May 4th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Erimikos" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Yes, it does... depending on what you are doing. If the system
> beleives its an intentional thing, it will allow them to spin with the
> traction control turned on.. (it bases that off throttle input, and
> current vehicle speed, I beleive)

That is funny because of the 4 different 05 & 06 GT's I've tried this on,
even during a torrential downpour, with standing/running water on the road,
mashing the throttle to the floor while traction control is engaged you get
nearly ZERO perceptible wheel spin before the traction control takes over
and through a finely computer controlled balance of brake application and
engine control, the car executes very effective traction control... If
your traction control is NOT function correctly, you better take it in and
have it repaired.

Old May 4th 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

> wrote in message
> On Thu, 04 May 2006 04:27:07 GMT, "My Names Nobody" >
> wrote:

. ..

Don't be so "pompous"! You are posting BULL****.

Old May 4th 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

I don't know who is talking about what here...........
I've got a 5 speed 06 Mustang GT and I can make it do whatever I want.
Smoke em in first and get a nice bark in second....traction control or
not. The traction control does kick in and help straighten me out in
the rain. Period, end of story!

Old May 4th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On 4 May 2006 15:03:07 -0700, "The MadMan" >
wrote:

>I don't know who is talking about what here...........
>I've got a 5 speed 06 Mustang GT and I can make it do whatever I want.
>Smoke em in first and get a nice bark in second....traction control or
>not. The traction control does kick in and help straighten me out in
>the rain. Period, end of story!

This is EXACTLY how my 2005 GT automatic works. I can stomp the
accelerator from a stop and it will squeal the tires, start moving out
VERY QUICKLY and when it shifts into second, it really starts
accelerating. In the rain, on wet pavement, if I do the same thing,
the back end will break lose, I'll start sliding sideways, then the
car will slightly break (almost imperceptible) and the back end
corrects itself. ( I believe this is the purpose of traction control)

I'm not sure what the guy who's driven so many mustangs is talking
about, I've driven mine for 15,000 miles, (yeah I know, almost worn it
out) and it's performed this way since it was new. "IRONICALLY" the
traction control works just exactly like it did on my 2002 and just
exactly like it does on my F250 Superduty.

Now, I'm not about to call anybody a "liar" but I know what I own,
(not what I've tried when I test drove them) and I can tell you, as an
owner of multiple mustangs with traction control and other Ford
vehicles with the feature, one can chirp/squeal the tires even with
the traction control engaged, disengage it (turn it off- the "little
light comes on) and it's even more fun to squeal em because they
squeal louder and longer

So there, I second your comments, MadMan