New Camaro Is Now Officially A Go

Old August 8th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default New Camaro Is Now Officially A Go

As everyone expected the new Camaro has been approved for production.
The car will feature two V8s and a V6. Looks like IRS will also be
part of the equation. 100,000 units per year is the sales target.
Look for it in early 2008.

Patrick

Old August 8th 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jeff H

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> As everyone expected the new Camaro has been approved for production.
> The car will feature two V8s and a V6. Looks like IRS will also be
> part of the equation. 100,000 units per year is the sales target.
> Look for it in early 2008.
>
> Patrick

hopefully it will not have a torque limiter on it like the 2005-2006 does.
Shameful.

Old August 8th 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Scott Moseman

Willy wrote:

> The entry models will be so stripped of options
> they will turn off people from the get go (ie:
> You mean power windows;door locks is an option?)

I hope I can get the V8 w/o power windows/locks!
But, like everything else, it'll be overoptioned.

Thanks,
Scott
Old August 8th 06, 08:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_1_]

"Scott Moseman" > wrote in message
> Willy wrote:
> >
> > The entry models will be so stripped of options
> > they will turn off people from the get go (ie:
> > You mean power windows;door locks is an option?)
> >

> I hope I can get the V8 w/o power windows/locks!
> But, like everything else, it'll be overoptioned.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

Is it true all Honda cars now have power windows?

Al

Old August 8th 06, 12:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Backyard Mechanic

Scott Moseman > wrote:

> Willy wrote:
> >
> > The entry models will be so stripped of options
> > they will turn off people from the get go (ie:
> > You mean power windows;door locks is an option?)
> >

> I hope I can get the V8 w/o power windows/locks!
> But, like everything else, it'll be overoptioned.

What else you want to not see?

I assume no A/C, of course... dont need none o' that Power steering
either...A/C and PS is for pussies!

Maybe they'll have a SEFI delete and you can get it with a big ol'
Rochester.

you pay..DEAL with it!
Old August 8th 06, 01:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Scott Moseman

Backyard Mechanic wrote:

>> I hope I can get the V8 w/o power windows/locks!
>> But, like everything else, it'll be overoptioned.

> What else you want to not see?
>
> I assume no A/C, of course... dont need none o' that
> Power steering either...A/C and PS is for pussies!
>
> Maybe they'll have a SEFI delete and you can get it
> with a big ol' Rochester.

The A/C can stay (it's hot down here) and the PS/PB.
Power windows/locks/seats? Delete! Auto lamps? Delete!
Electronic traction? Brake force distribution? Delete!
Air filtration? Auto dimming mirror? OnStar? Delete!
Side impact air bags? Passenger sensing system? Delete!

Give me a stripped '67 Camaro with a modern drivetrain.

Thanks,
Scott
Old August 8th 06, 01:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Backyard Mechanic

Scott Moseman > wrote:

> Backyard Mechanic wrote:
> >
> >> I hope I can get the V8 w/o power windows/locks!
> >> But, like everything else, it'll be overoptioned.

> > What else you want to not see?
> >
> > I assume no A/C, of course... dont need none o' that
> > Power steering either...A/C and PS is for pussies!
> >
> > Maybe they'll have a SEFI delete and you can get it
> > with a big ol' Rochester.
> >

> The A/C can stay (it's hot down here) and the PS/PB.
> Power windows/locks/seats? Delete! Auto lamps? Delete!

You willing to pay MORE to have them left out? That's the economics of
it. Especially on those.. ONE door assembly.
The seat's a tossup as to cost of option build.

> Electronic traction? Brake force distribution? Delete!
> Air filtration? Auto dimming mirror? OnStar? Delete!
> Side impact air bags? Passenger sensing system? Delete!
>
> Give me a stripped '67 Camaro with a modern drivetrain.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

you pay..DEAL with it!