1996 Blazer 02 Bank 1 sensor 1

Old February 26th 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default 1996 Blazer 02 Bank 1 sensor 1

Which sensor is this?

I am assuming this is the 02 sensor in the left(driver) bank closest to
the engine.

My Blazer has set this code. I don't have a service manual, so hoping
someone else can verify this for me.

Thanks

Jeridiah

Old February 26th 06, 12:14 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Right sensor, but that doesn't mean it is bad, what was the code, a lean or
rich mixtire coming from that bank can set the code.
ups.com...

Old February 26th 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

I cleared it to see if if comes back.

It was a P0130. Description is just Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1.

Doesn't indicate high/low voltage(ie p0132 or p0132).

I guess I will wait to see if it returns.

I wish I could convince my wife to keep track or her gas mileage. I
can always tell it's time for a tuneup when my mileage drops at all.
If it is ever off by more than 1mpg from my usual mileage I start
checking plugs/filters/etc and more often that not, something is ready
for replacement.

A bad 02 sensor should show up pretty significantly on mpg as well.

JW