coolant loss from 99 oldsmobile alero with 3.4L

Old December 20th 04, 09:03 PM
Finite Guy

Default coolant loss from 99 oldsmobile alero with 3.4L

Check your Throttle body gasket. I had an intermittant leak on my 93
Lesabre, same engine.

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:32:46 GMT, Anthony >
wrote:

(Mike) wrote in news:6cad5565.0411171629.74faeb38
:

Old December 21st 04, 12:39 AM
Shep

For the rcord the Lesabre had a 3.8, much different engine than the 3.4,
although the potentialfor the tb gasket leaks is about the same.

Old December 21st 04, 03:50 AM
finiteguy

Your right! It is the 3.8; but that coolant leak was very strange. It
would leak then it would stop. Very Wierd.

This is a great newsgroup. All of the knowledgeable people here have
given great (and accurate) advice.
Robert

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:39:33 -0500, "Shep" >
wrote:

>For the rcord the Lesabre had a 3.8, much different engine than the 3.4,
>although the potentialfor the tb gasket leaks is about the same.
>"Finite Guy" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Check your Throttle body gasket. I had an intermittant leak on my 93
>> Lesabre, same engine.
>>

>> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:32:46 GMT, Anthony >
>> wrote:

(Mike) wrote in news:6cad5565.0411171629.74faeb38
:

>>>1 st guess, given the engine: Head gasket
>>>Things I would check though: Replace the radiator cap, a bad seal will
>>>let coolant leak by into the overflow.
>>>Check the oil for a milky residue, just to make sure no coolant is
>>>getting into the oil.
>>>If the head gasket is leaking into a coolant passage, you will be getting
>>>air in the radiator, from a cold start, remove the radiator cap and watch
>>>for air bubbles as the engine warms up.

> http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
>-----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =-----

Jeep Cherokee Coolant Leak Ankors Chrysler 1 January 23rd 05 06:01 PM
Coolant Loss handi_andis Audi 0 June 21st 04 10:55 AM
2001 L300 Coolant Loss (again) Chuck Saturn 0 June 7th 04 02:13 PM