05 Gas Filling

Old November 22nd 05, 12:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default 05 Gas Filling

Does anyone else have this problem with an 05 Mustang gas tank. Whenever I
get gas, it takes forever
as the pump keeps cutting off like the tank is full. Is it must me or does
anyone else have this
problem.

Thanks for any light on this,

Bill

Old November 22nd 05, 12:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Try pulling the fuel nozzle out an inch or so. Don't jam it all the
way in.

mort

Old November 22nd 05, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

I have the same problem with the gas tank on my '05. Doing as Mort
suggests usually does not work for me. I have found myself having to
leave a gas station after having spent several minutes at the pump
without even a filling full gallon. This is very frustrating and now
there are a few local stations that I just don't go to anymore, even
though they are more convenient.

If other people are having this problem too, could it be some type of
venting problem? Could there be some sort of modification made to the
tank to fix it?

Thanks.
--Bryan

Old November 22nd 05, 04:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

From BlueOval:

Robert Lane

Dearborn, Michigan. You pull up to the fuel pump at the local gas station
and begin fueling your 2005 Ford Mustang, however, it fills very slowly. The
condition may be described as, repeated fuel pump shutoffs when filling the
fuel tank. According to Ford, should this condition occur, the fuel tank
needs to be replaced.

While Ford has told dealers to replace the fuel tanks, the dealer will only
replace the fuel tanks upon customer request. Further, Ford will not notify
owners of 2005 Ford Mustangs of this condition.

Your Ford or Lincoln-Mercury dealer will install fuel tank part number
"5R3Z-9002-AA" under provisions of the new vehicle warranty and the Federal
emissions warranty.

For more information, contact Ford at:

1-800-423-8851 or 1-800-325-5621 or
http://www.blueovalnews.com/contacts/ford.htm for the Ford directory.

--
Jafo
'02 GT Black

om...

Old November 22nd 05, 03:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

There is a TSB or service message as Robert Lane posted on BON. A
friend has had it performed however and it was no help. Now the
directive from Ford (or dealer) to him is to wait until the tank is
below 1/4 full before you try to top it off. Something to do with the
design of the tank, placing it in the center of the car, a tranfer pump
than runs only part time, etc. I was trying this and I haven't heard
the results.

Old November 22nd 05, 09:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

wrote:

>Does anyone else have this problem with an 05 Mustang gas tank. Whenever I
>get gas, it takes forever
>as the pump keeps cutting off like the tank is full. Is it must me or does
>anyone else have this
>problem.
>
>Thanks for any light on this,
>
>Bill

Take it to the dealer. Ford put out a bulletin on this, and the dealer will
replace the tank if you complain. I've got a new tank in mine and the
problem's gone.
--
John H

"It's *not* a baby kicking, beautiful bride, it's only a fetus!"

A Famous Hypocrite