04 GT front quarter panel question

Old June 3rd 06, 08:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default 04 GT front quarter panel question

Since this is my firts mustang, I have a question about my front
quarter panels.

On EVERY other car I have had, the front quarter panels have no "give"
in them. The ones on my 04 GT do. If you apply a little pressure in
the area of the quarter panel where the antenna is, the panel will
move. I guess the best way to describe this is the gap between the
panel and the hood will get smaller, and noticibly. I really want to
believe, based on past car experiences that this is not normal, and I
have a problem. I have scheduled an appt. with my local dealer to have
this taken care of under warranty, just in case.

So are my fears correct? Do I have some sort of issue with this car?
FWIW, it has 16k miles, and no accidents since I have owned it, or
according to carfax.

Thanks for any info.

Brian

04 GT
Stock
(well, tinted windows)

Old June 6th 06, 02:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

I went to a dealer and checked every single pre 05 mustang they had.
Each one does it. I do not like it one bit. It just seems cheap-o to
me.

Brian