GPL and multiple controllers

Old January 6th 08, 02:51 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Bob Simpson

Default GPL and multiple controllers

On Jan 6, 3:43*am, Uwe Schürkamp > wrote:
> Problem is, while GPL sees the axes on both controllers fine, it only
> responds to buttons on the first device (the cougar), but sees none of
> the buttons on the g25 or its shifter (which is set to sequential mode
> at the moment).
>
> I've tried using GPLShift, but that hasn't helped with the problem,
> either.
>
> Also, GPL crashes on exit (BSOD on xp pro sp2, latest updates installed)
> when I've taken to the track during the session (exits fine if I just
> click around in the menus), both using the dx7 and opengl renderers.
> Indexing is permitted on the gpl folder, is there anything else I could
> try?

Uwe,

In GPLShift.ini, do you have the line Share_All_16_AXES = 1 near the
bottom of the file? That should take care of it.

In the Control Panel > Game Controllers window, does everything
operate OK?

Does the CTD ever happen while on-track? Are you running the 66 mod
when it crashes on exit? You must set the Clutch_Shift_Sound = OFF
for some reason. Other 66 mod problems and solutions can be found at
http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=307166

Otherwise a CTD can be caused by many things that are listed in the
GPL FAQ at http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=105748 It
could even be related to your sound device, so one thing to try is
reducing the hardware acceleration of the sound card. There have been
problems with monitors not coping well with the change of res from in-
car to the menus which are always at 640x480 res.

Remco, From the GPL FAQ:

GPL runs as only a small square in the top corner of the screen
1- The line in the core.ini:
[ Direct3D7 ]
DirectMirrorRendering = 1
Change it to
DirectMirrorRendering = 0
Old January 7th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Remco Moedt

On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 06:51:10 -0800 (PST), Bob Simpson
> wrote:

>Remco, From the GPL FAQ:
>
>GPL runs as only a small square in the top corner of the screen
>1- The line in the core.ini:
>[ Direct3D7 ]
>DirectMirrorRendering =3D 1
>Change it to
>DirectMirrorRendering =3D 0

Thanks Bob!

Cheers!

Remco
Old January 8th 08, 04:49 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Bob Simpson

On Jan 8, 4:29*am, Uwe Schürkamp > wrote:

> Thanks, I'll check the FAQ. Is there a way to get GPL to run at
> 1680x1050? This resolution is not listed in the renderer mode list.
>
> All the best,
>
> uwe

The RastHacker can configure custom resolutions However,this one is
so commonly asked for and since I did one up for myself, here's a link
to an already made up one.

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/show...2&postcount=73