05 Ford Mustang Shaker 1000 and Dead Battery

Old April 1st 05, 12:26 PM
Rick

Default 05 Ford Mustang Shaker 1000 and Dead Battery

Howdy,
We just bought our first Mustang (05 GT Premium) and it came with the
Shaker 1000 upgrade. We have two issues being worked at the dealer and
if you've ran across these issues, please post a reply.

1. The stereo will not stay at a constant volume. We've turned off
the "speed volume" but this hasn't fixed the issue.

2. Something is draining the battery. If the car sits two days, the
battery is pretty much dead.

For those of you interested in the Shaker 1000 upgrade, let me pass on
a little information to help with your decision. THIS INFORMATION WAS
TOLD TO US FROM THE FORD MECHANIC: It takes 45 minutes to diagnose
each amp, there are six amps total, and the diagnostic test must run
consecutively, in a specific pattern. Each issue with this stereo
requires the mechanic to re-start the diagnostic test, which means
about 6 hours in the shop for the car owner........ Yesterday the
diagnostic test wouldn't go past #3 amp, which required him to restart
the diagnostic test two times..

Ford has required our Ford dealership to send in the defective part(s),
and they will fix and return them. It took three weeks to get the
first two amps repaired (actually Ford said they would repair them, but
ended up just sending back new amps). I wonder if it's that hard to
keep extra parts on stock at Ford.

This is my first Ford Vehicle, but the rental they have us in right now
has a better sounding stereo than our $1,300 upgraded stereo (a stock
Chevy Malibu stock stereo).

Old April 1st 05, 04:29 PM
Fao, Sean

Rick wrote:

> For those of you interested in the Shaker 1000 upgrade, let me pass on
> a little information to help with your decision.

Is it called the Shaker 1000 now? I thought it was the Mach 1000 and
the Shaker was the ram air kit.

--
Sean
Old April 1st 05, 08:50 PM
Big Al

"Rick" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Howdy,
> We just bought our first Mustang (05 GT Premium) and it came with the
> Shaker 1000 upgrade. We have two issues being worked at the dealer and
> if you've ran across these issues, please post a reply.
>
> 1. The stereo will not stay at a constant volume. We've turned off
> the "speed volume" but this hasn't fixed the issue.
>
> 2. Something is draining the battery. If the car sits two days, the
> battery is pretty much dead.

Does your Mustang have one of those dealer installed security systems? My 00
Contour and my 03 Mustang do, and they drain the battery. Took me about
three hours to properly remove the POS in my Contour. No more battery
problems in that one. Haven't got to the Mustang yet, but I will. The
Contour had a real poor installation on the alarm. Was a bear to make right.

Al

Old April 2nd 05, 01:49 AM
Quiet Desperation

In article .com>,
Rick > wrote:

> 1. The stereo will not stay at a constant volume. We've turned off
> the "speed volume" but this hasn't fixed the issue.

Do you have comperssion on?

Are you playing MP3 discs? That's one thing I discovered with MP3s in
any player: very variable levels depending on the source CD it was
ripped from. This happens in the Shaker 1000, my iPod and a Denon
"executive" system here at the Desperation compound (AKA Fortress Of
Solitude).
Old April 2nd 05, 02:28 PM
John H

On 1 Apr 2005 03:26:26 -0800, "Rick" > wrote:

>Howdy,
>We just bought our first Mustang (05 GT Premium) and it came with the
>Shaker 1000 upgrade. We have two issues being worked at the dealer and
>if you've ran across these issues, please post a reply.
>
>1. The stereo will not stay at a constant volume. We've turned off
>the "speed volume" but this hasn't fixed the issue.
>
>2. Something is draining the battery. If the car sits two days, the
>battery is pretty much dead.
>
>For those of you interested in the Shaker 1000 upgrade, let me pass on
>a little information to help with your decision. THIS INFORMATION WAS
>TOLD TO US FROM THE FORD MECHANIC: It takes 45 minutes to diagnose
>each amp, there are six amps total, and the diagnostic test must run
>consecutively, in a specific pattern. Each issue with this stereo
>requires the mechanic to re-start the diagnostic test, which means
>about 6 hours in the shop for the car owner........ Yesterday the
>diagnostic test wouldn't go past #3 amp, which required him to restart
>the diagnostic test two times..
>
>Ford has required our Ford dealership to send in the defective part(s),
>and they will fix and return them. It took three weeks to get the
>first two amps repaired (actually Ford said they would repair them, but
>ended up just sending back new amps). I wonder if it's that hard to
>keep extra parts on stock at Ford.
>
>This is my first Ford Vehicle, but the rental they have us in right now
>has a better sounding stereo than our $1,300 upgraded stereo (a stock
>Chevy Malibu stock stereo).

I've had no problems with my Shaker 1000. But, if playing MP3's, the volume will
change seemingly dependant on how the MP3 file was made. (I'm not up on how
that's done, but know they aren't all the same.).

Personally, I'd like to sell the stuff in the trunk 'cause I'm not into the
car-shaking bass that some folks are. I'd rather have the room.
--
John H

Old April 3rd 05, 01:52 AM
DevilPaul

"John H" > wrote in message
> I've had no problems with my Shaker 1000. But, if playing MP3's, the
> volume will
> change seemingly dependant on how the MP3 file was made. (I'm not up on
> how
> that's done, but know they aren't all the same.).
>
> Personally, I'd like to sell the stuff in the trunk 'cause I'm not into
> the
> car-shaking bass that some folks are. I'd rather have the room.
> --
> John H
>
> "All decisions are the result of binary thinking."

You may be able to fix that using "volume leveling" on your PC before
transferring them or burning them on a disc. A lot of MP3 programs on PCs
now have this feature due to that problem.

--
Paul

Old April 3rd 05, 01:01 PM
John H

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 00:52:58 GMT, "DevilPaul" > wrote:

>"John H" > wrote in message
.. .
>> I've had no problems with my Shaker 1000. But, if playing MP3's, the
>> volume will
>> change seemingly dependant on how the MP3 file was made. (I'm not up on
>> how
>> that's done, but know they aren't all the same.).
>>
>> Personally, I'd like to sell the stuff in the trunk 'cause I'm not into
>> the
>> car-shaking bass that some folks are. I'd rather have the room.
>> --
>> John H
>>
>> "All decisions are the result of binary thinking."

>You may be able to fix that using "volume leveling" on your PC before
>transferring them or burning them on a disc. A lot of MP3 programs on PCs
>now have this feature due to that problem.

Thanks, I'll look into that next time I make a disk for the car.
--
John H

Old April 4th 05, 04:05 PM
Rick

Yep, it's called the Shaker 1000 now

Old April 4th 05, 04:07 PM
Rick

Sounds promising. They replaced the Battery on Friday, this didn't
change the stereo volume problem, but at least the car starts now.

Old April 4th 05, 04:08 PM
Rick

was there a purpose for your post?