Anyone with a 07 Rabbit?

Old October 9th 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
HerkyJerky

Default Anyone with a 07 Rabbit?

Just curious about real reviews. Looked at one yesterday. Quite
impressed. Must go back when the 7 year old is not with. Gotta take
one for a drive. Looking for a replacement for 94 Jetta 2.0.

Old October 10th 06, 02:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Rico[_1_]

In article . com>, "HerkyJerky" > wrote:
>Just curious about real reviews. Looked at one yesterday. Quite
>impressed. Must go back when the 7 year old is not with. Gotta take
>one for a drive. Looking for a replacement for 94 Jetta 2.0.

A friend has the '06 Rabbit and loves it. He is planning on buying one for
his college bound daughter (next fall), so I take that as high marks.

fundamentalism, fundamentally wrong.
Old October 11th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Tony Bad

"Jon R. Patrick" > wrote in message
88.18...

> I was pretty disappointed at first, reading up on it and being critical
> of it's weight and relatively poor gas mileage.
> THEN, I drove one.
> I was very impressed. Great interior, awesome auto tranny. rode great,
> quiet. Based on price, I have trouble catagorizing it, but it definitely
> doesnt compete with other 'small cars' like the civic, corolla, cobalt,
> etc. It's much more luxurious.
> I haven't bought one yet, but am planning on it by the end of the year.
> JP

I too am disappointed with the gas mileage numbers. A friend has an 06 and
says he is getting about 24 mpg overall. I get 20 in my Eurovan!

--
Tony Bad
--------------

02 Jetta Wagon
01 Eurovan MV
91 Jetta 1.6 Diesel
86 Jetta
79 Rabbit 1.5 Diesel (semi-retired for now)
Schwinn Continental 10 Speed
Radio Flyer Pedal Car (my daughter made me add this)

Old October 12th 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
HerkyJerky

I saw a few complaints about the gas mileage at Edmunds.com, although
they were impressed with the performance. I don't know the reason for
the mileage. Maybe the car is a little heavy, it is about 3,000
pounds. Maybe the 5 cylinder isn't terribly fuel efficient either.
I have a 12 year old Jetta with about 130K miles and 2.0L/manual
that gets 25-26 mixed and 32 the last time I check it on the highway.
I'd be willing to give up a couple of MPG if the car was more spirited
in daily driving.

Old October 12th 06, 01:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Tony Bad

"HerkyJerky" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> I saw a few complaints about the gas mileage at Edmunds.com, although
> they were impressed with the performance. I don't know the reason for
> the mileage. Maybe the car is a little heavy, it is about 3,000
> pounds. Maybe the 5 cylinder isn't terribly fuel efficient either.
> I have a 12 year old Jetta with about 130K miles and 2.0L/manual
> that gets 25-26 mixed and 32 the last time I check it on the highway.
> I'd be willing to give up a couple of MPG if the car was more spirited
> in daily driving.

That has always been the trade off with VW's. They are geared for more fun
than MPG. It just puts VW in an odd spot right now...without TDI's in many
states (like mine...damn it) they have little to offer if someone is
shopping primarily for a fuel efficient car.

--
Tony Bad
--------------

Old October 12th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Rico[_1_]

In article >, "Tony Bad" > wrote:

>"HerkyJerky" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>> I saw a few complaints about the gas mileage at Edmunds.com, although
>> they were impressed with the performance. I don't know the reason for
>> the mileage. Maybe the car is a little heavy, it is about 3,000
>> pounds. Maybe the 5 cylinder isn't terribly fuel efficient either.
>> I have a 12 year old Jetta with about 130K miles and 2.0L/manual
>> that gets 25-26 mixed and 32 the last time I check it on the highway.
>> I'd be willing to give up a couple of MPG if the car was more spirited
>> in daily driving.
>>

>That has always been the trade off with VW's. They are geared for more fun
>than MPG. It just puts VW in an odd spot right now...without TDI's in many
>states (like mine...damn it) they have little to offer if someone is
>shopping primarily for a fuel efficient car.

02 Jetta Wagon
01 Eurovan MV
91 Jetta 1.6 Diesel
86 Jetta
79 Rabbit 1.5 Diesel (semi-retired for now)
Schwinn Continental 10 Speed
Radio Flyer Pedal Car (my daughter made me add this) <-- keep this when
she out grows it, may increase in value faster then most cars. Ones from
when I was a child that are in decent shape fetch some shocking prices.

fundamentalism, fundamentally wrong.