Fully opening rear windows

Old August 2nd 16, 08:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tom Del Rosso[_5_]

Default Fully opening rear windows

If I get inside the rear doors on a 2002 Lesabre is there a way to
remove the stop that keeps the windows from opening?

Old August 2nd 16, 11:22 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve W.[_6_]

Tom Del Rosso wrote:
> If I get inside the rear doors on a 2002 Lesabre is there a way to
> remove the stop that keeps the windows from opening?

Don't have to get inside, just cut out the bottom rear area on the door
and the quarter panel.
The window stops because there isn't room for it to go farther into the
door panel.

--
Steve W.
Old August 3rd 16, 03:58 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tom Del Rosso[_5_]

Steve W. wrote:
> Tom Del Rosso wrote:
>> If I get inside the rear doors on a 2002 Lesabre is there a way to
>> remove the stop that keeps the windows from opening?
>>

> Don't have to get inside, just cut out the bottom rear area on the
> door and the quarter panel.
> The window stops because there isn't room for it to go farther into
> the door panel.

Thanks. And I thought it was a child safety feature.

Old August 3rd 16, 11:03 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_11_]

On Tuesday, August 2, 2016 at 9:57:28 AM UTC-10, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
> If I get inside the rear doors on a 2002 Lesabre is there a way to
> remove the stop that keeps the windows from opening?
>

> --

I like rear windows that go down all the way. Who the heck doesn't? A lot of them don't because there's a cutout for the rear wheel well on the rear doors. The front door don't have them. My opinion is that windows that go down halfway are lame. They should have put fully functioning windows on this Lesabre but they didn't. Lame!
Old August 4th 16, 11:14 AM
Mehr Mehr is offline
Junior Member

Rear Window is a 1954 American mystery thriller film directed by Alfred Hitchcock and written by John Michael Hayes based on Cornell Woolrich's 1942 short story "It Had to Be Murder". Originally released by Paramount Pictures, the film stars James Stewart, Grace Kelly, Wendell Corey, Thelma Ritter and Raymond Burr. It was screened at the 1954 Venice Film Festival.
Old August 5th 16, 02:36 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

When cars started being downsized 35 years ago they also downsized the
wheelbase to preserve the ratio of overhang, which cut into the rear doors.
Windows either had to tilt forward to go down, or roll down only halfway.
Now that wheelbases are longer relative to overall length, plus rising door
sills and gun slit windows, all windows are rolling down all the way on
more cars again - the way it should be.

Pushing wheels out toward corners of cars, where they belong, also benefits
ride and handling.
Old August 6th 16, 05:53 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

I can remember in the 60's I said I wanted wheels out further toward the corners and I was told that was an evil idea and I was a bad person for suggesting it, even moreso for the "front tires as bumper" we see on the new batmobile.

More of the same and worse for wanting vans to have a sliding door on both sides.
Old August 6th 16, 08:02 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

12:53 wrote:
"I can remember in the 60's I said I wanted wheels out further toward the corners and I was told that was an evil idea and I
was a bad person for suggesting it, even moreso for the "front tires as bumper" we see on the new "

Whomever told you that would sure have loved how the wheels to the
corner handled! Less like a wobbly table and more like a car.