Quick Parts Question

Old October 28th 04, 01:08 PM
Rebecca

Default Quick Parts Question

Since there isn't a good place to get VW parts within 200 miles of here I've
been ordering off the web. Just wondering if there are good and bad places
to go. I've been using CIP1 because they take paypal, where all my money is
and SoCal Auto Parts because I can't find lower priced parts. Where do you
guys go, who don't live in a VW infested area?

Old October 28th 04, 01:41 PM
Kafertoys

>Since there isn't a good place to get VW parts within 200 miles of here I've
>been ordering off the web. Just wondering if there are good and bad places
>to go. I've been using CIP1

Rebecca If you are happy with Cip1 Then you should continue buying from them.

I have a restoration/ repair shop and buy from Cip1 alot and Gary the rep. I
talk to is great.

I also buy from Dave owner of Sundance Bug and Buggie out of Plant City Fl. hes
not on the web, But theres no one out there that will give you better service.

Mario
Old October 28th 04, 03:25 PM
Raymond Lowe

Rebecca wrote:
> Since there isn't a good place to get VW parts within 200 miles of
> here I've been ordering off the web. Just wondering if there are
> good and bad places to go. I've been using CIP1 because they take
> paypal, where all my money is and SoCal Auto Parts because I can't
> find lower priced parts. Where do you guys go, who don't live in a
> VW infested area?

It depends on what your after and what kind of rig you have. Careful
about the big discount mail order places. They stock both good stuff
and items of a lesser quality so you have to be careful. CIP1 is a good
place to buy from for the most part. Serious engine parts are a different
story. And any big ticket items, it's best to ask here first if your not
sure.

RT
--
E-mail=fullname-at-telus.net

Old October 28th 04, 03:32 PM
dragenwagen

I ordered my heater channels from www.aircooled.net I got good service, the
price wasnt bad and the parts were good quality.

also I ordered my bumpers from wolfsburg west, and I have gotten some parts
from west coast metric

--
************************************************** **************
dragenwagen

Old October 29th 04, 12:23 AM
Anthony

"Rebecca" > wrote in message news:<Wi5gd.22055$R05.5023@attbi_s53>...
> Since there isn't a good place to get VW parts within 200 miles of here I've
> been ordering off the web. Just wondering if there are good and bad places
> to go. I've been using CIP1 because they take paypal, where all my money is
> and SoCal Auto Parts because I can't find lower priced parts. Where do you
> guys go, who don't live in a VW infested area?

I've ordered at least $1,000 worth of parts from www.aircooled.net.
The quality of the parts was very good EXCEPT for the front trailing
arms and balljoints I got for my '73. The balljoints were too stiff,
one boot was torn upon delievery, and one of the trailing arms was
bent and the shop could not align the car properly becuase of it.
Everything else was great: disc brakes, seals, shocks, steering parts,
engine stuff, etc. I think the trailing arm thing was a fluke, as it
WAS a fairly new item. Good luck

~Anthony
Old October 29th 04, 03:15 PM
Sleepy Joe

"Rebecca" > wrote in message news:<Wi5gd.22055$R05.5023@attbi_s53>...
> Since there isn't a good place to get VW parts within 200 miles of here I've
> been ordering off the web. Just wondering if there are good and bad places
> to go. I've been using CIP1 because they take paypal, where all my money is
> and SoCal Auto Parts because I can't find lower priced parts. Where do you
> guys go, who don't live in a VW infested area?

Hi!
I usually try and buy the best quality German parts from
http://www.oeveedub.com/index.html .

If I can't get them there I try:
http://aircooled.net/
or
http://cbperformance.com/

Unless I can get the same thing from
http://cip1.com/
for a lower price.

Sometimes I buy from
http://geneberg.com/
or
The Real Source - Mid America Motorworks
http://www.800luvbugg.com/

And once in a while I buy from J.C. Whitney
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/S...-10101/s-10101

Links - Aircooled VW Parts and Tech Help

Aircooled VW Parts:

http://aircooled.net/

http://www.autozone.com/

Brake power bleeder
http://motiveproducts.com/

http://cbperformance.com/

http://cip1.com/

http://geneberg.com/

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/S...-10101/s-10101

http://www.oeveedub.com/index.html -pricy, but has a lot of German parts

The Real Source - Mid America Motorworks
http://www.800luvbugg.com/

Solar Car Battery Chargers
http://www.siliconsolar.com/car_battery_chargers.htm

Wiper motor
http://www.partsamerica.com/

Aicooled VW Links
http://members.lycos.co.uk/dubworld/airlink.html

Technical help:

http://hotvws.com/

John Henry's Bug Shop
http://www.thebugshop.org/index.htm

R.A.M.V.A - Aircooled VW Technical Support Index
http://www.ramva.tk/

Rob And Dave's Aircooled VW Pages
http://www.geocities.com/vwresource/mihov_index.html

Speedy Jim's Aircooled VW Electrical and Other Help Page
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

http://www.vwtrendsweb.com/
Old October 29th 04, 05:59 PM
Kafertoys

>Links - Aircooled VW Parts and Tech Help
>

>Aircooled VW Parts:
>
>http://aircooled.net/
>
>http://www.autozone.com/
>
>Brake power bleeder
>http://motiveproducts.com/
>
>http://cbperformance.com/
>
>http://cip1.com/
>
>http://geneberg.com/
>
>http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/S...-10101/s-10101
>
>http://www.oeveedub.com/index.html -pricy, but has a lot of German parts
>
>The Real Source - Mid America Motorworks
>http://www.800luvbugg.com/
>
>Solar Car Battery Chargers
>http://www.siliconsolar.com/car_battery_chargers.htm
>
>Wiper motor
>http://www.partsamerica.com/
>
>Aicooled VW Links
>http://members.lycos.co.uk/dubworld/airlink.html
>

>Technical help:
>
>http://hotvws.com/
>
>John Henry's Bug Shop
>http://www.thebugshop.org/index.htm
>
>R.A.M.V.A - Aircooled VW Technical Support Index
>http://www.ramva.tk/
>
>Rob And Dave's Aircooled VW Pages
>http://www.geocities.com/vwresource/mihov_index.html
>

>Speedy Jim's Aircooled VW Electrical and Other Help Page
>http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
>
>http://www.vwtrendsweb.com/

Hey sleepy joe about 1000 more listings and we would all have something very
missed by alot of us .

hint, Bill

Mario
Old October 31st 04, 01:44 AM
Rebecca

Thanks, I knew I'd get some input here. No opinion on socalautoparts.com?
I'm thinking of getting the fender kit from there.

Old November 1st 04, 03:35 AM
Sleepy Joe

"Rebecca" > wrote in message news:<fsXgd.279124$wV.263268@attbi_s54>...
> Thanks, I knew I'd get some input here. No opinion on socalautoparts.com?
> I'm thinking of getting the fender kit from there.
>

> "Rebecca" > wrote in message
> > Since there isn't a good place to get VW parts within 200 miles of here

> I've
> > been ordering off the web. Just wondering if there are good and bad

> places
> > to go. I've been using CIP1 because they take paypal, where all my money

> is
> > and SoCal Auto Parts because I can't find lower priced parts. Where do

> you
> > guys go, who don't live in a VW infested area?

I bought a stainless steel coated stock muffler from Socal.
When I called to phone in the order, the clerk was very rude and
smartalec.
They sent me the part though, eventually.
And, they added more to the shipping costs than what was originally
quoted without asking me first.
Check search\this newsgroup for other comments on SoCal.
Old November 1st 04, 01:18 PM
Sleepy Joe

"Rebecca" > wrote in message news:<fsXgd.279124$wV.263268@attbi_s54>...
> Thanks, I knew I'd get some input here. No opinion on socalautoparts.com?
> I'm thinking of getting the fender kit from there.

I have heard that it is best to buy original German genders from a
salvage yard since the replacements are not made as well or of as
thick of metal.

I have never purchaced fenders before but here is a quote from the now
defunct Rocky Mountain Motorworks' catalog.

"New fenders are easy to install and a quick way to improve your Bug's
performance. Our heavy duty fenders are primed and ready to install
for a perfect fit.
Note: We recommend purchasing fenders in pairs to ensure a match."

I suppose this means that if you do not purchase them in pairs, when
you look at the front view of the vehicle, one fender may be longer
than the other?

Quick Question Drink Corvette 2 October 9th 04 02:44 PM
Just a quick question about the MAF sensor Pete Alfa Romeo 0 July 16th 04 11:56 AM
F.S. RUST FREE 80's BLAZER,PICKUP PARTS, in NH, ME (Military) MilitaryTruckParts 4x4 2 March 27th 04 05:49 PM